What were some real life Order 66 examples in history?

What were some real life Order 66 examples in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execuity_Order_9066
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar#Arrests.2C_charges_and_dissolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Rebellion_of_1857#Meerut
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_Stairs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism#Suppression
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_Bloodbath
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friday the 13th and the Templars come to mind.

Creators say it was based off the Night of the Long Knives.

Allegedly in the 5th century a bunch of Saxons invited the leading Britons of a Council they were fighting to a peace conference. When they were all gathered together the Saxons took out their long knives and murdered them all, wiping out their major foes in one surprise attack.

Never knew about this event. Fuck Philip and his goon Clement

The Auspicious Incident
>Sultan Mahmud II was afraid of the Janissaries since anyone who tried to diminish their power was killed or deposed
>The Ottoman empire needed a modern army, but the Janissaries were standing in the way of this
>Sultan executes Order Auspicious Incident.exe
>Janissary barracks were set ablaze by artillery fire, resulting in 4,000 Janissary deaths
>Remaining Janissaries who flee are hunted down like dogs and are killed

>Be Mahmud II of the Ottoman Empire.
>To the Janissaries: "Dude, lmao, you guys are meddling pieces of shit and cant into modern warfare. You're disbanded."
>WTF YOU CANT DO THIS.
>Nahnahnah we can talk about it, we can talk about! Chill, here, we gon have a party next week, you all officers are invited
At the party.
>"HAHAHA I LIED. LOCK THE GATES, KILL THEM ALL"

[spoiler]The Holocaust[/spoiler]

Turkey "coup"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execuity_Order_9066 (where the name Order 66 came from)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar#Arrests.2C_charges_and_dissolution

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Rebellion_of_1857#Meerut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_Stairs (not an actual event, but it was the inspiration for the March on the Jedi Temple sequence)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execuity_Order_9066

Fucked up the url

>>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066
I always wondered why this act interned/deported Japanese-Americans and Italian-Americans but not German-Americans.

dubs makes a good point

Were there too many? In Texas alone, my home state, there are quite a few

The Auspicious Incident.

In 1826 Sultan Mahmud II, having been fed up with the incompetence of the religious warrior order of the Janissaries (THEY ARE MUSLIM JEDI ESSENTIALLY), destroyed them and created a new army, the Asakir-i Mansure-i Muhammadiye (Victorious Soldiers of Muhammad or Mansure Army) made of Anatolian youths armed with modern weaponry and commanded by western-style officers.

After the initial slaughter of the Janissaries, the remaining ones were hunted down and destroyed.

It was literally the decimation of the Jedi at the hands of the clones. I refuse to believe Order 66 was not based directly off of this.

Today German-Americans are the largest ethnic group in the US

German-Americans had already lost the majority of their living heritage after WW1. They were basically just Americans by WW2, and many willingly signed up to go fight the Fatherland.

Whereas Japanese-Americans and Italian-Americans still had a sort of 'fifth column' stereotype around them, which impacted policy even if false.

Night of Long Lives.

Nazi used violent thugs to get into power. But those thugs, predictably, were uncontrollable. Nazi elites then just killed them all. Why have thugs when you now control police and the military?

Post coup Ukraine did a similar thing... but they just moved most of them to the East to murder over there.

That explains why the US is destroying the world

Also pretty much every US war in the middle east.

Build up terrorists to do your fighting, then turn on them as an excuse to continue fighting, or just to get out of the way to rule calmly.

something very similar happened with the Mamluks in Egypt when after Muhammad Ali took power. He invited all of the remaining Mamluk leaders to the citadel, drank coffee with them, and when they were about too leave he locked them in between the inner and the outer gate and ordered the soldiers on the walls to shoot them all.
that was the end of a thousand years of Mamluk influence in Egyptian politics

Abbasid Revolution
>An uncle of Abbas, Abdallah b Ali, riding high on the success of the revolt, invited eighty princes from the Umayyad clan to a banquet. But this was not to be the gesture of respect and reconciliation that the guests expected. During the banquet a signal brought executioners rushing into the room who clubbed to death the Umayyad princes. The victims were then covered with a leather carpet, those still dying groaning as the host and his Abbasid friends finished their meal.

Yeah, after the Mamluks fucked up stopping Napoleon's invasion and Muhammad Ali took power in the struggle to take back Egypt he needed them gone so he could modernize.

Probably showed Mahmud what needed to be done in the end.

Really makes you think

Otomind

No. This is due to shitty near sighted planning and not nefarious evil genius master plan shit.

study the afghan-soviet war. Actually study and dont just repeat the normalfag meme of "omg the CIA created the taliban and put bin laden in charge!"

holy shit thats perfect

German is the largest ethnic ancestry in America. Also the fact Japanese people didn't look like white Europeans. Plus they were rounded up primarily to protect the west coast.

Nazi Germany didn't attack America. Japan did.

The Spartans sometimes commissioned military units for selected helots to serve in that would often give them manumission at the end. But one time, the helot population was growing kind of out of control and they feared that they were in a position to revolt, so they went around advertising the recruitment of the top most distinguished fighters among them, and once they were rally up they just slaughtered them.

Also, the generals apart of the Greek Ten-Thousand by Tissaphernes
>"What do you mean that I have any intention of slaughtering you guys because you fought on the opposite of me in the previous battle? Not only would it not benefit it me, but it will be in my advantage to keep you guys around once we reach my province so we can work together to eliminate my provincial enemies. Let by-gones be bygones, and come have dinner at my camp tonight, fellas!
>"HAHHA! I WAS JUST KIDDING ALL ALONG! IT WOULD TOTALLY BE IN MY INTEREST TO MURDER YOU GUYS! DUMMIES!

A lot of Japanese signed up to fight too. The 442nd was the most decorated unit at the time.

It's entirely >stereotype

Except they weren't rounded up in Hawaii, you know, where Pearl Harbor is.

Since Hawaii was a territory back then, that alone made transportation to the US more regulated and strict, and supplement that it's a very isolated island it made it possible to contain any spies from moving across the continental US.
Also, the Japs were like 40% of the islands' population in 1940. They couldn't economically handle having them deported with the local economy being important for the Navy and were geographically restricted to any espionage acts.

>you can espionage the most important pacific base but you can espionage the midwest

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism#Suppression

US and the kurds

Night of the Long Knives.

The Great Purge.

Diocletian's persecution of Christians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44

>The Mormons must be treated as enemies, and must be exterminated or driven from the state if necessary for the public peace--their outrages are beyond all description.

Stalin purges

The Canton coup and Shanghai Massacre literally was order 66

German-Americans made up a massive proportion of the US population and were spread all over the US, Japanese Americans were just under 200,000 and concentrated on the West Coast.

On top of that, most German-American communities had been in the U.S. the better half of a century (80 years prior, thousands had fought in the American Civil War on behalf of the Union) and had proven their worth fighting in WW1, so their loyalty was not in question. Same with the Italians.

Most Japanese had only been in the US for under 40 years and were still perceived even by those sympathetic to them as an alien minority (on account of being both foreigners and Asian).

Well, that and the fact Roosevelt was a fucking Communist who wanted wealth to "redistribute" to his Democratic Party cronies and needed a scapegoat for Pearl Harbor (the isolationist press could have just as easily blamed him for all of it as they blamed Japan). Hell, Harry Truman had tried to get him thrown out of office before he was offered VP to shut him up.

t. News From the Front by Harry Turtledove

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44

>the Mormocaust /pol/ was calling for not two months ago because it looked like Utah might go blue was only averted by the outbreak of the American Civil War.
>mfw 300,000 Southern men unknowingly died to prevent the atrocity that would've been the 19th Century's equivalent of the Final Solution

You're welcome you ungrateful fuckers.

>Babylonian Captivity of the Western Schism
>Jan Hus is tired of seeing three popes running about, has his own heretical ideas scattered about Bohemia
>Council of Worms comes together to stop there from being three popes, invite Hus so he could inject his theology
>Actually, it's to put Hus on Trial for a Heretic, execute him, and then also deal with that whole 3 popes situation by letting the fucker die and stop any new appointments, and make sure the Cardinals hold the power, rather than the Pope because we can't trust them
>Council is later declared heresy and Pope is back on top
Trying to maintain religious order is hilarious to me

There was actually a German-American terrorist insurgency during ww1.

They were blowing up US supplies that were going to be shipped to the allies.

The public suspicion German-Americans were under during ww1 contributed to the end of the use of the German language in the US.

any despot who has eliminated political rivals really

this sort of thing goes back into the shadow of prehistory

Germans were interred in camps, but these were ones that had been members of the nazi party in the USA

something in the neighborhood of 20,000

wtf i hate FDR now

>implying this happened

Lel I actually Mixed up Mamluk Elimination and Auspicious Incident.

The Mamluks was the one with the party.

Night of the Long Knives desu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_Bloodbath

>On 4 November, Christian was anointed by Gustavus Trolle in Storkyrkan Cathedral and took the usual oath to rule the kingdom through native-born Swedes only. A banquet was held for the next three days.

>On 7 November, the events of the Stockholm bloodbath began to unfold. On the evening of that day, Christian summoned many Swedish leaders to a private conference at the palace. At dusk on 8 November, Danish soldiers, with lanterns and torches, entered a great hall of the royal palace and took away several noble guests. Later in the evening, many others of the king's guests were imprisoned.

>The following day, 9 November, a council, headed by Archbishop Trolle, sentenced the proscribed to death for being heretics; the main point of accusation was their having united in a pact to depose Trolle a few years earlier. However many of them were also leading men of the Sture party and thus potential opponents of the Danish kings. At noon, the anti-unionist bishops of Skara and Strängnäs were led out into the great square and beheaded. Fourteen noblemen, three burgomasters, fourteen town councillors and about twenty common citizens of Stockholm were then hanged or decapitated.

>The executions continued throughout the following day (10 November). According to the chief executioner Jörgen Homuth 82 people were executed. Christian also took revenge on Sten Sture's body, having it dug up and burnt, as well as the body of his child.