wtf was Sobel's problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BbdNBasTD7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inferiority complex.

Captain Speirs is best.

c-can I have a cigarette?

>best
>slays a naive kid who just went back to the fatherland with his mom because he didn't know any better

yeah fuck you

>unironically liking war criminals

I have no face, much like his victims.

Sure, let me just get my lighter...

> he didn't watch the later episodes
Speirs didn't actually shoot them.

At that point, the story had been retold so many times that nobody really knew the truth anymore. That was the whole point of that scene. But...

>An interview with Private Art DiMarzio, published on YouTube in 2012, describes how he, Speirs and a sergeant from his Dog Company platoon became lost and disorientated as a result of being landed away from their intended drop zone – before encountering three German soldiers. With no means of managing the prisoners and needing to reach their military objective, Speirs gave the order to shoot them. According to fellow Dog Company member, Art DiMarzio, each man shot a prisoner. A few hours later four more German soldiers were encountered and this time Speirs shot all of them himself.

Interesting. I'll watch this later. Thanks for the info.

If BoB has any truth to it at all, it still doesn't make Speirs any less of a bad ass.

> I will never be in a band of brothers...

youtu.be/BbdNBasTD7w

who /malarkey/ here

He's still alive

>What's he got to live for? He only lost his four best friends.

Poor Malarky. Losing all his friends must have completely fucked him up.

He looks pretty good for his age. Good for him.

>Sobel died in 1987 at age 75 after shooting himself in the head, and none of his family members attended his funeral.

> Shot himself in the head, blinding himself, then died of malnutrition 17 years later. No funeral service was held.

I thought you were talking out your ass until I looked it up.

His children also hated him. Some men in Easy said they would have attended his funeral, had they even been informed of his death.

fuckin' speirs man

I actually read an interview with Sobel's kids. They claimed the VA didn't inform them long after they buried him. Apparently Sobel was very nice to his wife before she divorced him (making her breakfast every morning and warming the car up for her).

hes a tryhard and blue falcon

nuff said

would have prosecuted for murder

regards, nephew of my uncle sam

I kinda feel bad for him now. :(

>watched band of brothers
>don't remember a single character
am i the only one?