Hey son

>hey son
>yeah dad?
>kill ur brothers when I die and teach your children to do this same
>okay dad

Were the Ottomen insane?

It's far better if the princes die, if not then they'll all wage war against eachother and thousands of comman men will die. Who gives a fuck if a couple of princes die instead.

Also, survival of the fittest, it's better to have a strong but cruel king than a weak king.

What is Political/Economic Extractive? Why share power, when you can have it all? They weren't insane, basic human instinct to control.

They should have killed the women instead. That way, there would be no one inciting the literal bastards to aspire the throne.
Or be more civil and make only sons born to actual queens have a claim to the throne.

It's callous as fuck, but it's perfectly sane. Once you take ethics out of it, it's less sane to spare your biggest potential rivals who might have less scruples.

Leaving your brothers alive just leaves a greater chance for civil war.

The wives were only allowed one son, it didn't help that the sultan had so many wives. The competition between the wives is understandable since they'll probably be killed if they dont act first.

Because we clearly should do like the Arabs and have 200+ princelings running around that are gonna destroy themselves once Salman kicks the can and tries to name his own son the successor against the succession plan.

Salman won't do that. Bin Nayef is gonna be the next king, anyone who thinks Mohammed bin Salman is gonna be king is delusional.

Maybe, but when they were in charge of the Middle East, it was more peaceful than under Pax Americana.

Just like anyone who thought Trump was gonna be the next President a month ago was delusional, habibi.

Only time will tell how deep his greed runs to keep the throne within his immediate family.

Why would he make Nayef the crown prince then? Shouldn't he make Bin Salman Crown Prince? No, instead, he made him DEPUTY crown prince. So here is how the succession will go:

Salman-Nayef-Bin Salman-Some other prince

Accidents happen, habibi.

Who knows, maybe he slips off his camel and breaks his neck or a bunch well-placed shia's get to him.

In the Arab world, stabbing eachother in the back is like having tea and crumpets in the UK or prepping the bull in Sweden.

The fittest would become sultan of the worlds stronkest empire, not like french, a small fag becomes king and does gay stuff, no, this shit is pure steroids, stronk sultans is what kept ottomans tamam, then one fag decided to get married and get 1 son, since then only european tier cuck sultan, RIP

Turkic culture didn't account for primogeniture because the inheritance was livestock instead of land, so the livestock would reproduce and the animals of the father could be split among the sons equally.

When they established an Empire, it naturally couldn't be split up equally, but because of no primogeniture.

Each son had an equally valid claim to the sole rulership of the Empire up until they established seniority.

So actually it makes perfect fucking sense you insufferable retard.

Also, relevant and BASED interaction between Suleiman I and his rather severely disabled son Jihangir who often traveled with him because of his disability. They were very close from their tumescent together.

> Jinhangir, his father's constant companion, ventured that his physical deformity would allow him to escape the princely fate of fratricide,

>Suleiman responded,

>"My son, Mustafa will become Sultan and deprive you all of your lives."

Were the Ottomans the most based empire? Signs point to yes.

>Have a nonsensical system derived from the days when you herded goats
>Establish an Empire and continue using that system even though it naturally leads to infighting (and the Ottomans had more than their fair share of early civil wars)
>Never reform it
>So actually, it makes perfect fucking sense

Tbf it's pretty smart, imagine if Charlemagne did that

Except they did fucking reform it you dipshit.

They naturally switched to Agnatic seniority in the 1600s.

Please go back to /pol/ or stop being a retard.

ironic, considering ol'Sully ordered the execution of Mustafa himself and had Selim II grab the throne

True.

Fuck Selim.

Was (((Hurrem))) bent on destroying the Empire from within?

I like you, Turkposter.

Being a Turkish prince sounds like a pretty shit life desu senpai

After one time Mehmed III ordered 19 of his brothers be executed in one day they stopped that shit because it became too retarded.

So after him you would have been fine, essentially under house arrest in Topkapi. Not a bad life for the 1600s desu.

yeah, they reformed it after THREE CIVIL WARS TOLD THEM THEY REALLY OUGHT TO CONSIDER IT BEFORE GOING DOWN LIKE THEIR ROMAN WANNABE NAMESAKE

She just wanted her son the be the sultan. In the end his son was so guilt ridden that he turned into a drunkard.

That's not true in the vein you're claiming.

They reformed it passively because it came to pass that two or three Sultans just happened to be succeeded by their brothers for whatever reason. Then they just kept it like that.

They weren't like "Oh shit can't have anymore civil wars over the throne better make our system more like the Arabs."

Rather it was more of a "Meh, this works too, and we've been doing it for a while."

Though IMO they should have fixed it after Ahmed vs Selim's royal rumble.

Unrelated but I gotta say this; I was becoming more and more of a racist these past years, against my own will, purely because of sheer stupidity I see among internet users from outside of the western world, which I translated to "they are all alike" If you want to know its actually a very cold feeling, everytime I have racist thoughts I don't feel rage or whatever, just emptiness, now regarding your posts here, they are showing a great amount of thought and you have thankfully proven that my way if thinking was incorrect, I just hope it has lasting impact

for

you're welcome, friend

now channel all that misplaced hatred into spreading the joy of Ottoman sunnism