Medieval Arranged Marriages

Were medieval arranged marriages unhappy unions?

Did they share a bed?
How prevalent was cucking?
Are there any actual examples of the wife baring another man's child and not being beheaded?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_of_Brabant,_Duchess_of_Bavaria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_Nesle_Affair
lehmiller.com/blog/2014/5/30/sex-question-friday-how-many-sexual-partners-have-most-people-had
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tfw no arranged marriage

Pretty sure we all know that feel.

The beta uprising is soon, brother.

Prime teen pussy at any age.

>not being arranged to marry some poor christian village girl you can fill up and discard for a newer model after she breeds you strong turkic boys
you nerds are missing out

You're a treasure to this board, and should be protected

>Were medieval arranged marriages unhappy unions?

Arranged marriages tend to be much more successful than marriages for love.
>Did they share a bed?

Of course.
>How prevalent was cucking?

No more so than it is today (around 10%)
>Are there any actual examples of the wife baring another man's child and not being beheaded?

If it was known to be another man's child he would likely divorce her, but beheading? Yeah, no. /Maybe/ if the cuckee is a king, but adultery is not a capital crime outside the Muslamic world. Also, arranged marriages were always rare in Europe, and pretty much exclusive to the nobility and the wealthiest merchant families.

Lower class marriages were rarely out of love either and were usually for land transfers, getting rid of daughters, husbands collecting dowries.

No this is not true at all.

do you make these T*rkified meme-images yourself? Do you have a really big folder full of them?

Nice counter argument.

I presented exactly the same evidence you did.

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

>lower class people being allowed to have land

Not that retard but in England at least it was the norm for freemen to own a tiny patch of land.

yeah poor people married their farms more than their children

marrying for love is retarded and builds the fantasy that women do not love to sleep around

Define successful.

But is still worth marrying then if your woman is still going whore around?

The golden age before the rise of the homosexual and its ilk.

>How prevalent was cucking?

Very
Havent you watchen Braveheart?

The scene I think you are referring too actually made me pretty mad.

But I'm not talking about the Primae Noctis scene
I'm talking about the English queen cucked the king with some Scottish rebel

>Are there any actual examples of the wife baring another man's child and not being beheaded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_of_Brabant,_Duchess_of_Bavaria

Shit, I misread the question

Looks like she got what she deserved.

Women were raised to be good people not spoiled entitled whores, so they behaved like civilized human beings and didn't cause problems.

Why do they chose to whore around with other nobles? That is just asking to be discovered. Might as well go for some lowborn nobody.

Pic related.

See also: the wife of Bath

But she got her just reward..

>Women were raised to be good people not spoiled entitled whores, so they behaved like civilized human beings and didn't cause problems.

I love how retards can manage to delude themselves to this extent and make such a massive generalization.

Sorry user, there's always been sluts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_Nesle_Affair

He means a long marriage filled with misery, abuse and tragedy.
But it lasts long so it's successful.

Blessed with many children.

Besides women being sluts, most affairs in the medieval era almost certainly resulted from being pressured by other men, just like in my NTR comics (it's no coincidence either, the Japanese attitudes towards shame and authority have a lot in common with medieval European attitudes.)
Most men probably got cucked by some local noble, clergyman etc, and occasionally by their own family or stepfamily.

Go watch Lysistrata you uneducated swine.

>stepfamily
*family-in-law rather

no, he means a place where daddy scores him the qt of his dreams and she can never ever get away from him no matter how badly he mistreats or neglects her.

The Golden age, where nobles gathered for reasons, and homosexuality happened in the backline

Women being raised "to be good people" only happened in a small middleclass window before industrialization, and during.

But has there ever been a time in history, besides the present, where this behaviour went unpunishished and unrewarded?

It gave everyone a chance at happiness.

>a long marriage filled with misery, abuse and tragedy.
That is any marriage, because that is life. If you're with somebody long enough, even if you aren't married, you're going to experience misery, abuse and tragedy. However, that isn't all there is to life.

Blaming marriage for misery, abuse and tragedy over the course of life is like blaming marriage for the opposite, because the opposite also exists.

Life is going to be life, whether you want to spend it by yourself or with somebody.

I think you guys are severely exaggerating the rates of abuse and misery in Marriages.

Hogwash, arranged marriages are awful.

his really does havee a cuck fetish

degenerate

>human behavior is exactly the same over hundreds of years and hundreds of different cultural shifts in attitude towards sexuality

Why are you even posting on a fucking history board?

But user, it is. People are people. They had the same hormones and brain functions as we do. People wanted to fuck and they fucked like rabbits.

>cuck fetish
>bad

Would you say that, on average, 17 year old Amish have as much sex as 17 year old LA tumblristas? They must, because they have the same hormones and brain functions! Same with African tribes Saudi Arabian Muslim communities. We're all exactly the same!

>cuck fetish
>good

But they didn't fuck like rabbits with anyone but their spouse. Society enforced it.

>implying /pol/ isn't the board with the biggest cuck fetish
/pol/ is like the anti-gay politician found pounding boipussy like there was no tomorrow. You can't talk that much about cuck fetish if you really don't like it.

Lol no. Medieval London had so many prostitutes and brothels it formed it's own red light district in Southwark

Probably. They just don't broadcast it on twitface for moral crusaders to get outraged about.

>there are prostitutes therefore all women who aren't prostitutes go around sleeping with everybody
? ? ?

Still isn't everyone's wives cucking their husbands like no tomorrow.

Why are there prostitutes if noone fucked around because society enforced it?

>he thinks dank maymays are real life

We're discussing women, specifically a claim that women were always as slutty as they are today.

And the men are exactly the same as they are today. Why would the women be different? Again, refer to the wife of Bath.

>gays not powerful during the Middle Ages
>>YFW you'll never have a loving Uncle and Prince of the Church to watch your back

They were one of Europe's dominant forces.

I'm getting tired of these historical revisionist trying to rewrite history so that women were all sluts, that there was was nothing controlling them, and that monogamy wasn't responsible for civilization and the domination over lesser peoples.

In fact, I am getting pretty tired of cucks being allowed to live.

About 15% of men in America say that have been with a prostitute. What do you think the percentage of men in Medieval England who visited, or even had access to and money for prostitutes was? I'd say pretty fucking low in comparison.

>I'm getting tired of the actual reality of history being told rather than my heroic Victorian fantasy

And yet there were so many that a red light district thrived for centuries.

>cities are wholly representative of humans at any given time

How high are you?

A whole red light district for 3-7 million people, you say?

>people who live in cities have a different biological make up to countryside folk

Biology isn't everything, you dumb motherfucker.

Why are you guys derailing off topic to prostitutes.

Were talking about married women, not whores selling their charms for cash.

How do you reconcile you belief that everybody on earth throughout all of history has exactly the same amount of sex when you are a virgin?

>honestly thinks the medieval and early modern people weren't fucking like it's going out of style
>calls other people dumb

Lel

Read the Wife of Bath segments of the Canterbury Tales. Hell, read the Canterbury Tales or The Decameron. Plenty of people fucking. Theres an entire sub plot to Gawain and the Green Knight involving a slut trying to jump our valiant heroes bones. I'm sure there will be plenty of accounts from coroners and court records if anyone bothered to look.

>hurrr you disagree so must be a vurgan!!!!!!

Excellent counter argument.

t. somebody who denies both evolution and the influence culture has on a society.

>implying that there were never any married whores

See also Mistress Quickly in Henry V.

>using Canterbury Tales as a historical source to apply hedonism to dozens of generations across an entire continent
>implying they don't exaggerate anyway
>in literature

Are you taking the piss?

>Mistress Quickly
>Fictional Character

>Fiction

>literature is just plucked from the heavens and is not shaped by the society in which it was written
>exaggerations are for no reason and certainly not to appeal to an audience who loves to read about fucking

man that triggered you

>literally using a fairy tale to prove his point

See

>hurrr Shakespeare just made it all up and the plays are not reflections of the society in which he lived, nor are the characters drawn from people who actually existed, nor are their traits anything Shakespeare's audience would recognise.

I love watching all these idiot alt-right people get terrified of the women they feel entitled to having sexual ownership over will all join Chad’s harem if they are given the right to act even an iota more free than in Saudi Arabia. The fact is retards, that no woman wants to be wife no.8 in some obese 60 year old’s fuck harem. It is in fact easier for a guy in the western world to get his dick wet now than at any point in history. Ye Olde days you all pine for were in fact full of monopolized sexual access where the only way vast amounts of men could get laid was through prostitution or rape.

It can provide historical context, but shouldn't be used so specifically. And the reason could be to make for a better story.

YASSSSSS somebody who finally gets it! There's nothing wrong with settling down with a woman who had a little fun when she was younger as long as she loves you now. These misogynists need to get a life and get some pussy lmao!

i missed u

>ywn be forcibly paired with an awkward girl who doesn't know you
>ywn be forced to take the bed with her on your wedding night
>ywn both find comfort and mutual understanding in each other's arms from the outlying pressures forced upon your young minds and all the stress that the system of feudal politics requires
>ywn grow to love each other by this domestic system that neither of you really want the responsibility of maintaining
>ywn die knowing she was the only one who loved and understood you

>The Canterbury Tales, Decameron, Gawain, etc, don't tell us anything about the medieval mind or the culture in which they were created

You're really saying this, on Veeky Forums of all places?

>Ye Olde days you all pine for were in fact full of monopolized sexual access where the only way vast amounts of men could get laid was through prostitution or rape.
Lel no you cuck. Marriage was a thing thanks to the Church.

Why would adding in EXTRA sex make for a better story in a society of prides? Looking at what they chose to exaggerate is just as important what they left as normal.

im gonna use this quip from now on

Those charts are maliciously, deliberately misleading and don't take averages into account.

Yes, girls with severe daddy issues fill the aching void in their souls with the wrong kind of attention and act like mega-sluts. That accounts for about 3% of women (almost the exact percentage of men who are kissless virgins), and a full 90% of the female population has had 10 or less partners
lehmiller.com/blog/2014/5/30/sex-question-friday-how-many-sexual-partners-have-most-people-had
You're just mad because he's so right

If that's how we're going to do things, I refer you to R Kelly's 33 part hip hopera, Trapped In The Closet, for a perspective on sexuality in modern times.

Unless you're going to imply that he just plucked the story from the heavens or exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Because it's racy and exciting? Which would you rather listen to on the road? Same shit, different day? Or the kind of stuff they only do in the red light district? :^ )

>a full 90% of the female population has had 10 or less partners
That's cool. Also doesn't matter because your shot at having a successful marriage sinks dramatically in that range of sexual partners, hitting less than 50% after 2 partners. Talk about "deliberately misleading", huh?

Yes, why not?

Why would it be exciting when everyone is a uptight prude? Surely they'd think it was vile and disgusting?

>hitting less than 50% after 2 partners.
Yes, women who have experience won't sit there passively and let you mistreat/neglect them, they've been there before and they don't like it, and they will up and leave your undeserving ass more quickly than some stupid young girl who doesn't know any better.

Sorry that you find the mating game so difficult nowadays. Perhaps you'd like it better living in some Muslim shithole?

I feel pretty bad for you if this is what your love life looks like, dude.