What's the verdict on this guy? Is he a meme?

What's the verdict on this guy? Is he a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=P5x0Jlxl9uU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His latest claim is that the Churchill was the best tank of WW2 btw

Can you name any good YouTube historians?

No.

/thread

best infantry support tank surely?

that skinny nerd with the polo shirt and the laptop that what kills fascists innit

Forgotten Weapons must surely count at least a little.

Historia Civilis
Matt from scholagladiatoria

He's not really a historian though.
He's an engineer with an interest in historical firearms.

he's spot on about the dispensable nature of the french resistance

Unlike most of Veeky Forums he actually has credentials.

His credentials are worth the paper they're printed on

> a degree in digging holes makes him qualified to pontificate about machineguns and tanks

This man claims churchill tanks were the best tanks in WW2

As you're all well aware, if need repeating, we invented the tank, so we're the authority on the best tanks around to be sure

An Australian invented the tank

he's sickeningly biased towards Britain, and believes that its perfect.

t. Anglo

Oh I get it, you're a smarmy yank role playing at "Anglo."

no I live in Stockport mate, but I can see our nation's flaws

He was a professor at a university.

>believes that its perfect
But it is though

Is there even a degree that would qualify one to pontificate about machineguns and tanks?

Yeah he's a meme but he's an enjoyable meme. Most of the time at least, until he makes some retarded claim like Market Garden being a success or British teeth not being wonky

>until he makes some retarded claim like Market Garden being a success
But he's right, it was a success.

>and believes that its perfect.

it is

What credentials? I'm currently doing my DPhil and Lindybeige doesn't come across as a legitimate academic whatsoever. The man just chats shit.

>"D&D IS NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE"

it's a fucking fantasy board game of course it's not accurate?

This dude is so annoying lol.

Why are there threads about him every single day?

John Green the living Meme?
He is a joke, who pretends to know shit. except people believe him because he has flashy animations

No, he wasn't. He did some research in a back room.

Care to tell me what that country has achieved perfection in, apart from zero people being employed in industry?

Perhaps Lt. Colonel and up? At least that's when my Uncle transitioned to arms contracting.

>Imagining this conversation in a thick english working class accent

No, he has a bachelor's degree and apparently did some volunteer work in evolutionary psychology. The only work he's done as far as anyone can find out has been related to video production and dance instruction.

He's not a historian, or an archaeologist, or an academic of any kind. Neither are any of the well-known youtube historians, as far as I know.

youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA/videos
nearly all his videos are about WWII, but he cites his sources and seems to be fairly unbiased. He also has a master's degree in History
unlike Lindy

Define "historian".

>fail the objective
>it's a success!

>Military History Visualized
>thinks the Spandau is better that the Bren

>/thread'ing your own posts

It was 90% successful, according to Monty. It moved the front rapidly towards Germany, and from this area, the ports of western Holland were conquered, with British and Canadian infantry having to attack despite often being out-numbered three to one, and they succeeded. Yes the salient got cut more than once, but it was re-established soon afterwards.

t. lindybiege

>ill hide behind someone else's statements because I'm a craven Anglo who hasn't the moral fortitude to defend an assertion I've made.

Great counter argument you have there

nope,best tank period.

still waiting on the vid explainin´g how the enfield was the best rifle of both world wars.wouldn't surprise me.

But the Enfield was the best rifle of the Wars.

Veeky Forums seems to hate him
Veeky Forums seems to be mostly okay with him. Pretty based when it comes to D&D

Now I wonder if /k/ has an opinion on him.

/k/ hates him even more than Veeky Forums.

so it was better than the garand?
sure,automatic rifles just seduce troops into wasting ammo.

You are now aware that he gets more money from his sponsors than he does from youtube ads. You are now aware that these sponsors will rate him based on the number of views and pay him accordingly. You are now aware this is why he has suddenly ramped up into full on click bait mode.

Stop giving the bellend money by giving his shit views.

Did he literally said "the Churchill is the best tank"?

/k/ thinks he's complete trash. Search for his spandau video in the archives if you're curious

I love his videos.

Does he have a video calling Joan of Arc a catspaw for the devil?

>Did he literally said "the Churchill is the best tank"?
Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=P5x0Jlxl9uU
He might make a video about it.

time pls for confirmation so we can add it to the list

>£££

5:03 - 6pdr had enormously superior AP capability over the American gun - This is incorrect see the /k/ thread linked earlier

As a fairly regular Veeky Forumstorian since the beginning of this board, I gotta say I am pretty tired of this exact 'question' being asked like every 3 fucking days. At least check the catalogue first, numbnuts.

I've been here since day 1. I miss harris posting desu

what list?

It's the same on /k/ and Veeky Forums. I wonder if he is the one making these threads to get more views. It would explain the click baity titles he's using lately.

Wouldn't put it past an anglo to do this desu

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII

15:40

this one

He actually said it the absolute madman
thanks for saving me 20 minutes of my time senpaitachi

The rest of the video is fine though. Even /k/ agreed that he's correct about the muzzle brakes.

Someone should email him and ask him about the L85 rifle; he could probably get the easiest views of his life by riling up ARfags.

Care to prove those claims that he said those things?

>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>Implying it wasn't

>this comes up every time

No go fuckign look it up yourself. If you've been around long enough you'll know that aside from slight exaggeration hes made all those statements either in videos or in youtube comments defending his videos (such as his market garden comment)

*yawn*

this false copypasta again.

>slight exaggeration
Most of it is lies and over exaggeration. Tell me where does he say no used swords?

Top tier taste.

>If you've been around long enough you'll know that aside from slight exaggeration

Nigge you're claiming that the statement "Vikings weren't an ethnicity but a profession, and calling a society a Viking society makes as much sense as calling something an Accountant society" is even close to "Vikings didn't exist."

The whole list is bullshit

This is the first time i've ever heard someone claim this.
Also you have to be pretty retarded to call a certain tank the "best" when there are a shitload of trade offs in design and performance

>no swords, axes
he's had several videos to the contrary
>no horses
pretty sure that video was about how developing cavalry is counterintuitive, not that it wasn't done
>no scythes
they are flimsy and impractical. I suppose somebody could have died trying. He explicitly exempted repurposed war scythes.
>torches
I admit I'm puzzled by this one. He says they weren't used indoors. But then says they weren't used outdoors... when were they used
>no latin
he said everyone spoke latin, but the aristocracy preferred greek.
>one pilum
he admitted the possibility of two, but favored one as a hypothesis
>vikings
>berserkers
he claimed the word was mistranslated and in context properly meant "champion". I think his argument is sound. Where's your evidence to the contrary?
>climate change
got him dead to rights there. He is a climate change denier. Maybe he just wanted views?
>stagnant social mobility
he didn't say it wasn't real. he said it was the intended result of meritocracy
>castle defense
he said one battle in history had a castle defended by three soldiers. Not that it was standard practice.

>you didn't mention item x on the list
means I haven't seen it

I like how you skipped napoleon was literally the hitler of his time.

>means I haven't seen it
You're telling me you never seen this one? Every time there's a Napoleon thread it gets posted or someone types it.

>"""slight""" exaggeration
t. Meme Pro

OUT OF MY WAY FROG FUCKING SHITS

No, actually, that is my first time seeing that.

I think there are some pretty obvious ways in which Napoleon is not like Hitler, but there are some notable shared characteristics. Namely a charismatic individual rising to power and attempting to conquer all of Europe. But perhaps I'm being generous.

hello /k/

>a charismatic individual rising to power and attempting to conquer all of Europe
So most of the Roman emperors were also literally Hitler? What about Alexander or Ghengis?

Yes I would say so.

Does that mean the Romans produced the most of Hitlers?
wtf i hate Italy now

Total meme.

In dancing