So something weird happened to me today. So I at Starbucks mooching off the free WiFi and looking for a new job...

So something weird happened to me today. So I at Starbucks mooching off the free WiFi and looking for a new job. And this guy asks if I can watch his stuff. We start talking about what's happening in our lives and how important networking is. And I start talking about how when I get a new job I want to start something on the side. And that seemed to peak his interest an he starts saying that he's got connections across the city and that we should talk sometime. So we end up trading phone numbers and he talks to me today and he won't tell me what he's looking for or what he even wants to do. All he says is that he wants to keep things to himself because I'm not in a financial position to help him because I got laid off recently.
I told him I'd contact him in two weeks and we would talk again once I got a job. Is this a scam in the Seattle area or does it seem genuine? If someone gets dubs I'll link to his linked in profile

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/greg-steward-1378a144/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paychex
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Me thinks he's after your money son. See where it goes, but the moment he asks for cash you know what's up. This ain't a long friend or a relative, you met the guy at a Starbucks..

Sounds like an introduction to a multi-level marketing scheme.

Obviously a drug mule proposal
You should take it user, best pay/hour you will ever get.

Almost no information to go off of. Describe him and what things he said is happening in his life.

Op here
honestly it sucks to say, but why would someone want to help little old me. i mean yes i have money but i have absolutely no experience starting my own business or anything like that yet. im only 24 and just moved into my first apartment.

Tell me his skin colour and nose lenght and I'l tell you what he wants

ill be a bro and link to his linked in for you

linkedin.com/in/greg-steward-1378a144/

hes full on white bro

he wants to fuck

Dude its obvious hes a MLM shill.

Fuck em.

Then I'm sure it's a legitimate business proposal

we know youre the op this board has ids retard

remember guys if the captcha says "skip" instead of "verify" you dont have to complete it

Implying white people aren't all scammers themselves.

Probably a scammer playing hard to get. He'll be back in a week or two once he "reconsidered".

Probably an MLM

This is what it sounds like, really.
Either Multi-level marketing, one of those fucking door-to-door sales commission jobs (fucking Vivent Security) or drug dealing.

Then again maybe I'm way fucking off and it's just construction or something. But I'd go and figure it out at least. Just be extremely cautious and don't expect anything. If it's too good to be true..etc. etc.

I'm just saying that for these reasons based on your post—
MLMers like to meet up in Starbucks.
MLMers like to keep their prospects 100% in the dark on what they're about until you meet them again in a week or so.
You mentioned to him you wanted to start something on the side, and his interest peaked. MLMers seek and test random people to determine a potential prospect & take the next step.

By the way, having 'no experience' in business doesn't matter to them, neither does age. They'll say anyone could start and they'll give you 'courses' to learn.
In truth, they just want your ~$500 (or worse).

You don't have to listen to me, however. I'm speculating.

I still can't tell you what it is but it reminds of a time I was sitting in Panera bread with my macbook doing one of the basic ass javascript on codeacademy so I can wagecuck. Then this chad guy in a suit sits at a table in front of me, turns around and says
"Nice computer!"
" .... thanks...."
"You like it?"
"Yeah.."
"Sorry if I come off as nosy but you mind telling me what you're working on?"
"t-trying to learn how to program"
"Cool! You seem like a really smart guy! My cousin does all kinds of work with websites and stuff. You're trying to work as a programer or you just do it for fun?"
"I'd like to work as one, yeah"
"What do you do right now?"
*too embarassed to say I'm a neet* I- ueeeuehhh work at a restaurant.
"Which one?"
*blurt out random one*
"You looking for an internship? It's not in programming but I'm trying to put together a team of young people in sales. I'm looking for people that are self-motivated and are driven enough to educate themselves. I noticed you teaching yourself and that's really impressive to see nowadays. Here I'll give you my card call me if you're interested and we can set up an interview"

He said he worked for a company called PayChex. I never called him and to this day I still don't know what that was about. LOL All I know is sales people are always trying to recruit young people for shit.

Have you heard about that new buttfucking MLM opportunity?

Earn up to 20% commissions on lotions and anal lubes and learn to demo them properly. They'll even train you, op

Lol yeah, it sounds exactly like a MLM scam..

I I asked him multiple times over text what he was planning anyways unable to tell me what he was wanting to do he said he doesn't text business.

highly doubt that any job worth having would literally just be handed out like that.... fuck this dude

>get offered job
>ignore it

>Are you going to pay me soon?
>Yeah, you're going to get all the Chex you can eat.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paychex
if it's the same one, I think you missed out
probably a different one though

Hes a CEO for Big5

lol good job user
bet you didn't miss a chance to buy your fav crypto that day