Who all is getting in on this BAT ico??

>Created by Founder of Mozilla and Javascript
>Already has step 1 of the plan done before ICO
>Reputable team with over 100+ years of combined experience
>First coin of it's kind in the crypto scene
>Been talked about for months
>Only 15M ico cap
>Crowdsale contract address to be posted 2 days prior

This is going to be the next Gnosis-like ICO bros. Just watch. Get in and research it if you want 150% gains in one day. This thing is going 4-5x it's ICO value easily. It's up there right along with REP, GNT, and GNO.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pEP2jlV5qEo&t
basicattentiontoken.org/
basicattentiontoken.org/token/
businessinsider.com/newspaper-publishers-send-cease-and-desist-to-brave-browser-2016-4
basicattentiontoken.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BasicAttentionTokenWhitePaper.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm ready pede. Lambo here I come!!

>Captcha - rolls Royce

Youre doing this too fast too quickly OP youre not going to force this into my mind by sheer quantity alone you need to slow down a bit with the frequency

I'm in for $2k, always liked Eich sticking fags on pikes.

Whats the coins circulating supply?

Also, which exchange(s) will it be opening on?

so where the fuck can I get it. Can I get it in a place like bittrex?

1. Watch this vid youtube.com/watch?v=pEP2jlV5qEo&t
2. Download brave browser and try it out.

You will know what you are dealing with at that point.

OP here. I have about 373 ETH right now. Assuming ETH goes up to about 120-125 by May 31 (which I think it will), i'll be dumping close to 45k in this ICO and looking for a nice 50-200% profit.
Goal is to have 100k worth of ETH before I start college in august and be a fucking baller

Will be around 20 million coins, its opening through an ico.
Pay attention to: basicattentiontoken.org/
for more info.

More like 1 billion tokens.

You're right, I was thinking valuation for some reason. Only 70% of coins are being sold through ICO and they're raising $15 million through this, which works out to an initial marketcap of slightly over $21 million when including the coins for dev fund and user growth pool.

This seems like a guaranteed thing, the only question is when to cash out.

This clearly has very very high potential

what price will it be selling for

21.5M will be overall market cap.
700 million coins to be released at ICO.

Like I said in my post, I definitely see this one being another 100 million market cap coin up there with the Big ETH tokens like REP GNO GNT and others. It's legit the only one in blockchain targeting a fucking huge ass problem worth billions and billions of revenue

I legit just showed the brave browser to my dad and how it's faster, and used an example of forbes.com and how it bypasses trackers and shit and he is fucking 65 and he was like "where do I download it" because he saw it was faster and more secure

But BAT won't even be limited to their browser either they will have extensions too

Where do you buy the icon?

For something launching in 12 days and an answer of 'soon' not to impressed.

basicattentiontoken.org/token/

browser integration is real reason that this is going to succeed. If this gets adopted it could have a market cap in the billions pretty quickly (think ripple for advertising), and all it needs is to be integrated natively with one of the big 3 browsers; good thing the founder is also the founder of firefox.

what do you guys think the day 1 profits will look like?

flipped 5 ETH worth of LUN for 7 when it hit exchanges, but that's my only other experience with ICOs

Should I drop like 20 ETH into BAT?

I think bat is gonna trade at 1.5x the ICO price nice and steady and then rise to 4x the price after a week and it gets listed on the big exchanges. I think it'll be listed on bittrex the same day and possibly polo a few days later or maybe same day as well.

>Brendan Eich
I also heard that for every BAT you buy, a homo gets AIDS. So it's win-win

I'm new to ICOs, but the idea ISN'T to day 1 trade them, right? I mean most ICOs have a huge drop day 1.

my issue with the model for this token is that it doesn't reward users.

sure it gives them some tokens, but those tokens cannot be cashed out, they are required to be donated to a publisher.

However, if a market is made by publishers to say offer a 90% bitcoin rebate of donated tokens to users, that might solve the problem and highly incentivize the use of brave browser.

so with that said, I need to be a publisher an offer a redemption script to you pleb users and scalp the market. but i have no technical know how, so someone with the skills to do this, have this idea for free.

i have a similar goal, except im just looking to hit 100 ETH.

Got about 80 now and looking to make that 100 trading these BATs

the ICO is also an ethereum contract...which doesn't have the best track record.

there doesn't appear to be a independent blockchain set up for this coin yet

It isn't. All ICO's are ethereum contracts.
>TokenCard
>Gnosis
>Augur
>RLC
>Golem
>ANT

You use an ethereum smart contract to host an ICO. You don't make a separate blockchain for it unless you aren't going to be using the ethereum platform at all.

Lmao whats up misc brah

good to know that it'll be just like those examples you gave. for some reason i thought they would start the ICO on etherum and then transfer to a new blockchain.

So what steps do I need to do to buy BAT token?

red pill me on ico's is it profitable to buy on crowdsale

gonna check out this browser desu

Why buy the ICO when literally EVERY coin dumps when it gets listed on polo/bittrex and you can buy it cheap then?

shhhhh don't tell them my secret misc identity we are the misc cult they can not know of us hehe

they stand for Initial Coin Offerings. They are usually timed and have a market cap then they are done. Limited amount of coins sold, which means if the coin has demand (Like the BAT ico) then if you can catch it fast enough in the ICO then you will be able to sell it at a premium to the people who were too slow to get in on the ICO and want long-term gains.
ICO's are good for both long and short term gains because it means you are getting in on the ground floor.

RLC- traded 200% when listed on bittrex
ANT- Traded 80% when listed on bittrex
GNT- Traded 150% when listed on polo
GNO- Traded 300% when listed on Polo

If you mean the initial -60% or whatever and that big first red candle that just means that some dude bought it at a ridiculously high price. It doesn't mean it's 60% less than the ICO.

This is going to 100x. Screencap this.

So what you're saying is I should save a few ETH (maybe 10%) and buy whatever initial dip it has? Would that make sense or should I just all in the ICO?

ICO is always the lowest price

I'm buying this coin, but the brave browser isn't liked by big website owners (publishers).
They are already sending a cease and desist over it. So this coin is going to have some legal troubles along the way.

'BLATANTLY ILLEGAL': 17 newspapers slam ex-Mozilla CEO's new ad-blocking browser
businessinsider.com/newspaper-publishers-send-cease-and-desist-to-brave-browser-2016-4

How do you buy ?

>Brave.” It was launched by former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich, whose last major investment was in banning gay marriage in California

Dare I say Eich is /ourguy/?

>view their office in street view
>literal homess person sleeping on the sidewalk next to the door
kek, San Francisco

Who do you think controls businessinders ad revenue? Google.
Who do you think controls businessinders ads?
Google.
Who do you think controls what businessinsiders puts out and spreads? Google.

Plebs are just mad because brave software is bypassing all their privacy-invading tracker bots and ad manipulation into buying their shit products and clicking on their ads for 0.0001 cents per click because google already fucks them over so hard anyway

Tfw browse misc but don't lift

no coiner here, finally ready to test the waters, I have about 780 Canadian, should I go balls deep?

Probably why they blew up the story of him funding the group opposing gay marriage ballot so much too back when he was Mozilla executive. Taking out the competition.

Exactly! I got into crypto to stick it to banks and I'm going to get into BAT to stick it to this big companies controlling ads and $

Fuck em all. Brave can have my money just for fighting the good fight.

lol BAT and the Brave browser and Brenden Eich is gonna be like King Trump 2.0

Media still trying endlessly to hate trump but he doesnt give a fuck and neither will BAT

How do you participate in ICO's? I mean, using myetherwallet for example, do you just send the transaction when the particular block is mined or do you send also send the transaction with gas?Gas makes the transaction occur faster right, in that it lets you jump the queue?

no what the fuck

buy eth you idiot, its only going to go higher even if it dips later tonight

Don't listen to this twat. Get into something from the ground floor with several grand and be patient and you will literally have a lambo.

How do I go about doing this with

then you might as well go get a bj at the massage place run by the koreans

Okay but you have to let me drive your lambo

>last major investment
Its ridiculous how far they blew that out of proportion, it was a $1,000 donation, that was it. They act like he dropped Soros level bucks on it.

Welcome to the liberal media my friend.
How trump gets his dick chopped off for not showing his tax returns in "good faith", and Hilary Clinton leaks classified information and lies about it to the american people yet the media is STILL shilling her agenda.

>Because liberalism

>liberal media
Like how "Chelsea" Manning is a hero for leaking shit in the least responsible way, not protecting anyone's identity, yet Trump's in trouble for sharing intel on ISIS.

ok this token is going nowhere. (((they))) have obviously decided.

buy the rumor sell the news

BAT is decentralized and can't be controlled by the centralized mainstream google and facebook.

The powers that be m8
The powers that be

I don't know which is worse.
>Chelsea Manning
>Lena Dunham
>Amy Schumer

Person who picks the biggest sloot wins 1ETH.
Jk you can't.

not directly but they can smear it

if google or facebooks puts out "BAT scam tells you that it pays you to view ads" or "Illegal ad blocking brave browser earns 15M in 10 minutes" you can be damn sure people will come flooding in lol

Would be best if google or facebook don't give it any kind of publicity, because if they even talk about it at all, that is like another hundred million people who are aware of BAT. and at least 10% of that are going to be curious and see what all the drama is about

guys i've had a bit of a read, but i would like a quick rundown from each of you guys on why this project will do well

Planning on getting in on it too but I've never participated in an ICO. Will the ethereum have to be sent via a wallet or is the exchange okay?

Honestly the people behind it is what makes me optimistic about it .

Also, think about how huge the advertisement market is.

Ads on the internet need a solution since every tech savy person is using an adblocker, and this seems like the solution.

No guarantee it will do well just like how golem or augur aren't guaranteed.
But I can say that this is backed by huge people, has great developers, and is probably the most legit ICO of 2017.
So as a purely speculative investment (think 1 week to 1 month) this will be one of the best bets this year for an ICO.
It aims to tackle such a huge industry it's speculative value is gong to be sky high. .

Thanks, too be more specific I'm mostly interested in why genpop would enjoy using this? Why would you guys want to use it?

Bump

Most likely going to jump on this train as well. Seems promising.

Because I'd be getting paid in BAT tokens to look at ads while supporting the publishers.

And old fags will use IE until they die because they dont know how to use an installer. The newer and more tech savy generation will slowly pick up brave but its up to the brave marketing team to get the extension out.

What's the best way for me to go from fiat to be ready for the crowdsale when it happens?

as far as i know, use coinbase to have etherium on the backburner

So let me see if I've got this straight.
Browse internet 1.0 like normal, not use adblocker, receive some amount of BAT token for the ads that are on screen?

Read the white paper, I haven't went through it yet so I can't answer you accurately but that was the gist I got from it.

Brave has a built in adblocker that blocks ads and trackers, and replaces it with ones that advertisers are paying the network in BAT tokens to show users. These tokens that the advertisers pay go to the publishers (the owner of the site) and the users based on how much attention they give to an ad.

Decentralized ad network.

Can you store BAT in mist?

That is fucking awesome.

This is why I'm putting in at least 5k and closing my eyes for a year or two.

So what does the end user get out of this?

Internet ads are literally what made Google the behemoth it is today.

If you find a better way to monetize and effectively deliver ads, you're revolutionizing the Internet as we know it.

Because the browser is a more efficient and effective user experience.

Honestly, this all hinges on the browser's ability to be successful. If no one uses the brave browser, the coin becomes worth much less.

An improved Web browsing experience with better ad targeting and hopefully fewer malvertisements/Spyware ads.

Oh right so the user gets nothing aside from the browser?

> preventing malicious trackers and ads, while still supporting the sites you use
>(from what I understand) a share of the BAT tokens for viewing the ad that you can trade for other crypto

basicattentiontoken.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BasicAttentionTokenWhitePaper.pdf

I'm sold. Already marked the day before it launches on my calendar.

Also there will be no mining available, limited number of supply and is actually a deflationary model so the value will go up in time because you will be able to use BAT to purchase ad content among many other things.
So it's essentially a value-gaining token that is the money for a decentralized advertising network.
Does this sound fucking awesome or what

But why would advertisers go this route?

Oh hells yeah! This is the one of the few ICOs I don't believe is a pile bullshit.
I think I'll get flames painted on the sides of my lambo.

It's more accurate and less expensive

Wouldn't it get more expensive for them over time?

I'm pretty sure they would just be calculating it in USD. I don't see why it would become more expensive over time they would just start using percentages of the tokens but that would be annoying to have to calculate so they'll just use USD. I'm pretty sure the only people that are going to have a lot of tokens are the guys buying in at the ICO since they'll be worth jack shit. We don't even know what the value is for a token yet we just know that they have to raise 15 million USD. From what I can tell they're going to be worth about $0.015 each at ICO. I might be wrong.

Also, it might change according to Ether's value at the time. Currently 1 ETH nets 4000 BAT if I'm not mistaken.

holy shit the fact that the nyt and wapo are this buttblasted makes me even more moist for brave/BAT. Fucking cunts.

OK this did it for me, I'm in

Yep. A lot of the ICO guys are going to have the tokens, and then the publishers and advertisers will have to use USD to pay for their ad spots and stuff and will receive either USD back or BAT tokens I believe they can opt either.
There is still more to be understood, but i'd assume they would be purchasing directly from the BAT website because the devs will have 30% of the funds to sell to advertisers and publishers, and 10% will be directed towards user growth.
So I think this is actually a very good model.
It allows us cryptofags to hodl our BAT and the mainstream ad guys to just buy from their website without having to go through hoops and hurdles.

When is the ICO?

May 31.

Any idea as to how much the BAT coin will cost at ICO? Also, will it be sold through exchanges at ICO?

thanks guys will go through it in depth, but if users are taking a cut i'd say i'm fucking in.

I think $0.01, somewhere in that area