CheapCoins checking in. In case you are still a nocoiner, tomorrow it may be a good day to jump in...

CheapCoins checking in. In case you are still a nocoiner, tomorrow it may be a good day to jump in. We may dip a good 200ish dollars if not more, due agressive shorts on FUD news regarding SEC rejecting the Winklevoss ETF again.

Since Bitcoin cannot be regulated as admitted by the SEC (good), it will be rejected again, unless they decide to accept an ETF for an asset they have no control of (would be weird, but well, on that case, prepare for $5000 tier pump)

Most likely it will dump. As always, nocoiners will cope and miss another dip, summerfags will sell low, altcucks will shill the shitcoin of the hour (BTC fees are too expensives guys its collapsing, buy my very fast and cheap coin, and check those smart contracts! can't miss it) and the winners will either hold or buy the dip.

There's also a possibility of the market not giving a fuck. Remember the other ETF got rejected and the market didn't care. As news repeat, they lose the shock factor. Similarly, the PBOC can't no longer crash the market they are a broken record at this point.

What im saying is, if there is a dip, take action.

Other urls found in this thread:

bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-RDD
cryptohustle.com/how-litecoin-could-help-resolve-bitcoins-scaling-debate
uasf.co/
medium.com/bitcoinfoundation/the-bitcoin-dominance-indicator-fallacy-2b11093869d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first, thanks

second, I interpret this as we have two options:

>sell now, buy the dip
>hodl for the coaster ride

is this a correct interpretation?

I hold most of my money in altcoins and all those icos are sucking up my btc. I generally handsomely profit from them. So i dont think i need a change on that behaviour. I did got tricket to buy overpriced alts on the last btc dump, silly me.

What's your opinion on the "ethereum is the new bitcoin" hype OP?

Im not selling a single coin. Remember on the last ETF event, there was an initial dump from $1300 to $1100 I guess to kill stop losses (I think this was before the actual news), then an insta pump to $1350 and an instadump to $976.

It was insane. I don't know how exactly this happened. But stop losses and margin positions got destroyed, and if you got lucky you made a ton of money.

What im saying is, this is mostly for nocoiners with no position.

You may try to wait for some hours and sell before the news. We may see a pump to $2000 before the news hit.

I wouldn't go to sleep with any set orders... trade on sight.

If I knew an alt that could pump during a BTC dip, I would buy some, but it's a lottery. Sometimes it's LTC, sometimes it's ETH.
I just don't want to be bagholding some alt if I don't nail it.
Im not touching XRP with a ten foot pole even if it goes to $1. The whole thing is ridiculous. If you like to gamble then go for it, but if im going to be bagholding an alt, at least I want some good fundamentals. LTC got the segwit edge for now, is on solid exchanges so it will always have liquidity. ETH has news and development that eventually make it pump, good liquidity too.
XRP is not the reason I got involved in crypto.

Ultimately BTC is king so don't get it twisted. It is the conservative investment inside a brand new world that is considered high risk as a whole. That says enough.

im just getting into crypto shit. awaiting my pay pal confirmation and wire money to buy reddit coins as my first since i can probably buy 2 million of them for like 750 dollars first go.

My distribution is:

>45% BTC
>35% ETH
>15% ETC
>5% POSW

I was thinking of purchasing some ripple, but now I'm doubtful given your analysis. I think I'm just gonna hold out as-is. What would you suggest?

I think you're a little late for RDD my man... it was seriously just a pump n dump Veeky Forums shillcoin of the week. Nothing really new or innovative, and since its been pumped and dumped, odds are you'd lose money.

Buy maidsafe, when they release the beta, is moon time.

ReddCoin RDD just hit 18 sats after only getting up to 17 for the past 8 hours, get in on this now!:
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-RDD

>bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-RDD
whats sat?

satoshi

0.00000001 Bitcoin
Shits cheap yo

what the fuck are you talking about?

im gonna buy 2 million and wait 2 years. by then they will be like 5 bucks a piece and i get around 2 million dollars.

Stupid. ETH is the future. BTC is finally fucking dead and ETH will overtake just like the guy on Bloomberg fucking said and that's it.

i dont use bitcoin.

i just want to buy from my credit card and then exchange them later for real money when its gets to 5 bucks a coin.

>5 x 2,000,000 = 2,000,000

??

...okay. Sure dude.

thats counting transaction fees and taxes because pay pal takes money

This time if it dumps it would be nice if it went into eth and perhaps stayed there.

>What's your opinion on the "ethereum is the new bitcoin" hype OP?

Not OP, but its mostly a matter of if something ever replaces a BTC satoshi as a measure of coin value, in which case BTC more or less ends up as virtual gold that no one actually uses to buy things. For now, ETH is just a better way of getting money from a fiat gate to an exchange. There isn't much incentive for the exchanges to put too much effort in to switching things up because they're a lot better off forcing you to send in your ETH and then collect a commission to convert it to BTC so you can trade altcoins.

I'm gonna buy the hell out of BTC if it dips goddamn I can't wait. BTC still has years left in it if only as an exchange currency. Either way you should diversify, but until employers pay in crypto, BTC is how you turn your garbage fiat into lambos.

My take:

Still has to go through its first correction before anything. Way I'm looking at it, it's going to dip no matter what.

Both btc and eth are gonna go way up once this shit hits mainstream and it's happening right now. Guy mentioned crypto on Bloomberg today and Snapchat had an article from the wallstreet journal about ICOs that reached millions of nornies. Just notice how many more people are posting here now.

how do you know the SEC will rule tomorrow?

Can I get a wallet, then download the blocks, then generate 3 addresses, and then immediately close the wallet and uninstall it.
Will those 3 addresses still be linked to my wallet?
When I install it later will I have the coins sent to those address on my wallet?
Do I have to use them once with the wallet open to get the addresses linked to my wallet somehow?

Nothing will happen. BTC is going for 2k this weekend. Only hardfork news can crash it.

after Aug 1st, BTC will moon for sure.

>What's your opinion on the "ethereum is the new bitcoin" hype OP?

Is just that, hype. ETH as a store of value is stupid, you don't store value in a turing complete blockchain, so BTC has no match there.

With segwit, lightning network would deliver cheap, instant transactions, so it would cover the payments part too. LN is a better solution than Raiden.

Rootstock can allow everything Ethereum runs as a Bitcoin sidechain, which is ideal since you don't want turing completeness natively. I honestly don't see what the point of Ethereum is once Rootstock is out.

Even if Roger Vermin and Jihad Wu etc continue to block segwit, fast payments could arrive thanks to LTC via atomic cross chain transactions:

cryptohustle.com/how-litecoin-could-help-resolve-bitcoins-scaling-debate

Also note that solutions like Rootstock deliver scaling without the need of segwit. Even tho I think segwit will reach its way within the system one way or another.

It would be good to run an UASF full node to let miners know you want segwit: uasf.co/

This does not mean ETH isn't a good investment for the time being. It could go to $1000 for all I know. But it doesn't mean it will replace BTC, don't be delusional.

PS: Good read for those that shill their altcoin while announcing the end of BTC because coinmarketcap shows a decreasing BTC dominance %:

medium.com/bitcoinfoundation/the-bitcoin-dominance-indicator-fallacy-2b11093869d4

I don't know. But the limit to present all papers was May 15. It's anytime now, and typically SEC likes to deal with this on fridays.

You don't need to download the blockchain unless you want to mine. Just use a wallet that lets you export your private keys. As long as you have your private keys you have access to your coins

I have my wallet in the bitcoin core wallet, with 1 BTC.
I want to just have the addresses in a TXT file to give to people, but currently I have an SSD so it takes a lot of space.
I generated 3 addresses and I want to use them to get BTC at some point without needing the wallet open. I know it should work, but I wonder if the addresses need to be somehow registered to my wallet with the blockchain, or if it's an algorithm and my wallet will get any money sent to those addresses even if I generate them while I'm offline.

What's in August?

BIT 158 or something called like that
fuck if I know, but some forums are talking about and I'm afraid to ask.
Just parroting a bit of what I read