Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Bulgaria
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what are bulgars doing up there

shouldnt they be down next to the black sea

t. retard who hasn't played CK2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Bulgaria

>he doesn't know

>>With the Saracens finally in retreat, Constantine could turn his attention to another, lesser, enemy - the Bulgars. These warlike pagan tribesmen were not in fact Slavs - as their descendants, largely for linguistic reasons, are generally considered today - but of Turkic origin; they had, however, left their ancient home in the lands between the lower reaches of the Volga and the Don and had migrated westward to the north bank of the Danube, whence more and more of them were trickling across the river into imperial territory.

>never played ck2

>The Bulgarians attempted to convert Vladimir I of Kiev to Islam; however Vladimir rejected the notion of Rus' giving up wine, which he declared was the "very joy of their lives".

I don't get it, so bulgarians were muslims but moved south later and became christians?

They were sandwiched between powerful Muslim and Christian states so the elite converted to Judaism to be a middle ground. Unsurprisingly that didn't work out in the long run. Eventually their alliances broke down and they were conquered by Rus.

>the elite converted to Judaism to be a middle ground

That never made sense to me. Wouldn't staying pagans still be a middle ground? I guess the ruling dinasty or someone else important learned about other religions and just happened to like Judaism, so they decided to convert and the rest of the ruling class followed them.

The Quran says to respect Jews, Zoroastrians, and Christians, while pagans are fair game.

It never really stopped Muslims to wage war on Christian states. And while there are many cases of pagans converting for political reasons (Poles, Hungarians), it was always for allying with some nearby power who has the same faith. Was there ever any other people who, when sandwiched between Muslims and Christians, converted to Judaism or Zoroastrianism to be both neutral and more respected?

Also, Khazaria wasn't really a neutral power, it was basically a Byzantine proxy state that served as a buffer against other Turks and the Ummayads, until the Rus and the Alans converted to Christianity and became a more reliable ally for them. Again, converting to Christianity would have been more practical for political reasons.

We know that before the conversion a bunch of Jews migrated to Khazaria fron the ERE and Muslim territories, fleeing persecution (another sign converting to an Abrahamic faith doesn't guarantee that the other two will leave you alone). It's likely some of them became members of the court of the Khazar rulers and told them about their beliefs, who may have ended up liking it.

They were the Calvinist of their day. Christians didn't allow usury. Muslims didn't allow usury. Jews were too far dispersed and living in their own little retarded orthodox communities. Meanwhile, some smart bastard sitting in the Caucasus thought "hey, if I get the capital, I can make some dough between these two conflicting retarded sandnigger religions", and realized, that if he has to get said capital and remain it on a national level, he needs to get a cabal class that is bound by some strict ideology. And what ideology is the best for that shit? Religion. What's the best designed religion that calls for exclusivity but remaining orthodox? Judaism. So a bunch of these mountain and steppe niggers got together and converted to Judaism in their own ruling circle and allowed their subjects to run around free with their dickbeaters to believe whatever they wanted--just so long as they paid taxes and so they could trade with the Byzantines and whatever Persian / Arabic dynasty was in power, and sent their merchants around for trading.

The goyim would never understand

*I should also add that all three Abraham religions frowned upon usury, but I think they all practically allowed it being practiced by non-believers. Jews had the advantage in Khazaria' position, as the majority of people around them were Christians and Muslims who didn't have them cheddar banks flowing and needed a middle-man.

Hankhazaria is a one of the worst actors, don't know why he still gets hired.

Bulgars were a Turkic people who live around the Volga. Some of them went on a campaign and conquered some land by the black sea. They founded a country called Bulgaria, because they were Bulgars. However, Bulgars were a minority in Bulgaria, and the majority of the population were Slavs. Over time the Turkic ruling class got assimilated into the Slav majority and began to speak a Slavic language, adopted Slavic customs, and were converted by the Byzantines to Orthodoxy. Hence modern day Bulgarians.

It's the homeland of the Ashkenazi Jews.

>Ashkenazis
>Jews

Aren't they the modern ashenkazi jews? All reports that indicate this are supposedly "anti Semitic" but it makes a lot of sense to me. Anyone know any good books I could read about this topic?

ashkeNAZI jews are germans

WE WUZ JEWS N SHIET

>What happened here?
Steppe jews.

Never forget the great shoah that divided us.

Bulgarians were divided into two by the Khazars invasion taking their capital city in Crimea, the southern part was influenced into becoming orthadox christian to get better peace deals, the northern part was influenced into becoming islamic to get better trade deals.

>no historical record of this
>not proven by archeology
>disproven by genetic studies
>only exists as political argument by arab nationalists
This memme needs to die already

Genetics say otherwise, unfortunately.

>Hankhazaria

a bunch of turks that converted to judaism and then later created zionism by pretending they are descended from ancient hebrews which they're clearly not.

Nope.
Genetic studies shown that modern Bulgarians have Thracian origin. Google it.

Also - Slavs DO NOT exists till XVI c. Its a meme, adopted by Russians in their attempt to become a "Third Rome" and welcomed by Greek Orthodox church. There is no single archaeological evidence,found in that region, that confirms existence of "Slavs". Any found artefact is from Thracian, Hellenic or Roman origin. Prove me wrong. Pro tip - you cant.

The Thracian's /a name given them by Dorians, so it's not real/, as per Herodotus are "the most numerous nation after Indians." Knowing the excellent qualities of the Thracian warriors, Alexander the Great took many Agrianians, Paeonians and Odryssians in his army. They settled and formed numerous states on their road to India - biggest of them is Greater Bulgaria. After few hundred years, under pressure of Khazars, they returned to their homeland and, together with the local Thracian's, formed Kingdom of Bulgaria. All linguistic and genetic evidences point to that conclusion. Reasons modern historical "science" to ignore those acts are political.

Once more - there is no scientific /archaeological, linguistic or genetic / evidence that modern Bulgarians are from Turkic origin.

>Also - Slavs DO NOT exists till XVI

So is Church Slavonic a Thracian language?

You know, I want to believe this. Thracians are really cool. But like said it doesn't explain the fact that they spoke Slavic languages. Also, the Byzantines were complaining non-stop about Slavs ever since they poured into the Balkans. So... There.

Yiddish Khazars were on the verge of being wiped out by Mongols so they converted to Judaism to avoid persecution.

3 sentences in and youre already incorrect

>jewish turks

i dont know whats even worse than this

"church slavonic" is the bulgarian language
nobody speaks that anymore

>Also, the Byzantines were complaining non-stop about Slavs ever since they poured into the Balkans.

[Citation Needed]
Seriously, give me the primary Byzantine source mentioning Slavs.
In fact "slav" is very much like "byzantine", it is a modern word used to refer to something that didn't exist in that form at the time. The Roman Empire wasn't "the byzantines", and the Antes, Sclaveni, and Venethi and so on weren't "the slavs". We have very little reason to think they shared much culture, or had any cohesion.

>1
modern jewry of international politics, all the internationalist political Jews are Khazars.

true Jews were spiritual and not really cared much for politics, the modern "Jews" with their deep political affinity are descended from the political mongers of Khazaria.