I'm now fully convinced

I'm now fully convinced

FUCK DAY-TRADING

It's nighttime here. Hope eth 120 tomorrow morning

Yep, your emotions will fuck you.

Lost $6k by day-trading while only profited $2k

day trading is definitely not something for everyone. just buy and hodl the coins you believe in.

Buy & HODL the coins that you believe in, I've made a lot more money since I switched over to that method instead of chasing pumps day trading.

desu I'm currently wrapped up waiting for some trades to materialize (waiting on RADS to finally go up again for one) and I'm thinking I just invest like $40 in the top 20 coins next time

this shit's not worth making a few 10-20% returns a week on such a small amount of capital

I made 15k in last month and lost 10k in the last two weeks day trading. You aren't alone desu. Fear can take over once you are in the red for 1 btc and sway you to take the loss out of fear of a bigger one. Most of the times I took losses I didn't need to. The prices pretty much always went back up in a few hours or a few days.

Even worse, I had a half million XRP before the moon mission and would of had $170k right now if I just held onto it for three more weeks and didn't day trade during that time. Needless to say I've been very sad these past few weeks for me.

I'm too damn stubborn to take a loss, I ain't letting go till I see some fucking green. I take the reverse bet to what I currently have in the red, until it rallies.

This can take months

I'm the same
I only win

What exactly do you guys mean by day trading?

we buy things to try to sell them on the same day, or like, short span of time

The classical definition in stock markets means closing all positions before the end of a trading day.

Since crypto is 24/7, it just means actively trading a pair instead of buy-and-hold.

what exactly is day trading?

Nvmd

Buying with the intent of selling within the same day or sooner. Often at a loss through fear and being a weak handed shit who doesn't know when to hold

Stop crypto, it's not for you.

If you can't hold for a few days, i gut sum bad newz for you

Stop breathing. You're a piece of shit.

you'll make it back and then some. don't get upset.

Joining the pump and dump group that make this board a clusterfuck twice a day because they want to dump on newfags. Pic related is the current memecoin of the hour that they're trying to push again so they aren't bag holding. Beware of the spam and approach scams with caution.

REEEEEEEEE

This is a holders market you chump, pick a coin you like, buy in a hodl.

YOU CANNOT LOSE

I just did the math, if I'd dropped $25 on the top 20 cryptos being traded on Bittrex today, I'd have made a daily profit of $61.11 out of a total $500 investment, meaning a 12.22% return.

tfw you're doing worse than this retardation

I thought the current meme coin XVG?

They've been going back and forth since yesterday morning. XVG looks no different. Same group, same scam, different coin.

Top 20 by what metric?

my bad, top 20 by volume so it includes memes like reddcoin

maybe I should go by market cap and see how much that changes it desu

You know that profit metric would vary wildly depending on what time of day you arbitrarily entered all of the coins, right?

yeah, of course, granted we're in a particularly bullish day when a lot of altcoins were very springy, I don't think this is the BEST thing you could be doing, but if you set up good alarms and orders, it could be very low maintenance and profitable regardless is the idea

>waiting for that Golem announcement

I think theres room for both.

I day trade and I hold for long term. I try to mix the two.

Example, buy 10 ETH on leverage at $87. Closed at $95. GNT follows ETH a little behind usually, so take my $80 profits, and buy GNT. Make 10%. Sell. BUT.... even though I have $88 in GNT, I only sell $50 worth. So now I have $50 and 190 GNT.

I'll use the $50 to increase the amount I can day trade with, then I'll sit on the 190 GNT.

So I use the day trading to allow me to purchase for long term holds.