Hello Veeky Forums newfag investor here. What's a very logical way to go about investing in cryptos...

Hello Veeky Forums newfag investor here. What's a very logical way to go about investing in cryptos? I see all this shilling and other shit that some are scams. Im planning to just pour some into Bitcoin, ETH, and some others. I fucked up 2 years ago when i was on this board and someone mentioned Etherium and didn't invest. What apps do you guys use? Do you go through Coinbase or other website to do transactions? Thanks in advance.

I gotta bump this. I'm new to this. Could deff use advice on how/where to make my initial investment

bump xd

Coinbase is good, yes.

Another question from another noob.
Why the fuck is bitcoin core not fucking updating at all?

Coinbase, only trade stable coins, do your research into coins and NEVER take anything for granted on this board.
It's a shill heaven right now

>It's a shill heaven right now
You got that fucking right.
Would you say a 70/30 ration for stable coins/Alt Coins investing?

Use coinmarketcap.com. Top 10-20 coins are pretty much a safe bet. Most people use Coinbase, but if you don't want the IRS to find your coins use localbitcoins (although they still might idk)

Bitcoin needs 95% consensus to make a change. It seems like btc is held back by greedy miners who don't want their bottom line hurt by segwit

irs only cares when you cash out, right?

yes

I don't mean my transaction is stopped.
I just installed the bitcoin core wallet again but it's been an hour and it says it will require infinite time to finish downloading the blockchain
I think I'll try reinstalling

Dont use the core wallet unless you plan to mine. Use a lite wallet and export your private keys for save keeping.

google is your friend

No, you have to pay capital gains tax on any gains even if you dont cash out.

I'll look at how to transfer my wallet from bitcoin core and dogecoin core to lite wallets, so I don't need to delete the blockchain when I'm out of space

The best way is just to throw a small amount of money at some coins and pick up experience that way. There's not a lot of theory involved, just knowing what coins are good and what coins are shit.

as far as I know, they are not capital gains until you cash out.
but I AM NOT A LAWYER

Bruh do you even google? Why the fuck you downloading the whole blockchain lol

and bitcoin and dogecoin are not interchangeable. Two completely different coins

GOOGLE FAGGOT HOLY FUCK SOME PEOPLE ARE HELPLESS

Dont buy memecoins. They are typically pumped and dumped by Indian street-shitters and dumbfuck neets who want to turn their $14 investment into 1 million.

ETH is hot right now. I get the feeling that bitcoin is a bubble. Rumor has it that companies who are poised to jump onboard ETH cant do so until official announcements are made and as a side effect theyve been loading up on bitcoins to use for buying ETH as soon as the starting gun goes off.

If thats the case youll see bitcoin prices fall and ETH skyrocket.

>and bitcoin and dogecoin are not interchangeable. Two completely different coins
who said they are?
U MAD BRO?

And I have the wallets in the "core" clients because that's where I had them years ago, when there weren't 2000 types of light wallets.

and I don't normally care about the size, but right now I'm using a laptop so my SSD is running out of space

speaking of which, which wallet would you guys recommend for bitcoin and for dogecoin?
and isn't there a software that can keep track of a bunch of coins instead of having 20 programs for all my shitty alt coins?

crypto traders willing to step up the game, add me on skype: cryptoanna

me again, nevermind
I found out about the "prune" command.
Now I can use the core wallet and have it not take my whole SSD

Nice trips.

So would it be wise to go on coinbase and buy ETH and let it wait. Invest more and more until it booms? I'm assuming that's your advice. Also is there anything i have to keep in mind or be careful about when investing? Like any fee's or how transactions work? Thanks btw

Use exodus. It's the best wallet.
Buy on coinbase and send it to exodus for storing.

thanks senpai

>only trade stable coins
But then how will I get 200% overnight gains?

When will this crypto meme end?

next year, next decade?

bitcoin started like 7 years ago, and it's just getting stronger.
The sooner you will start making money like all of us

best time to buy bitcoin was 7 years ago
the second best time is now

In general yes. For ETH its a buy and hold token not a pump n dump. But as always never invest more than you can afford to lose. Anything could happen.

Probably in 2065 people will be saying "You can't make money trading cryptos, you're competing with the big banks and their AI HFT algo supercomputers, just buy and hold a crypto-index for a stable 6% return per year"

In all seriousness, do pump and dump alt coin day trades make good money?

These idiots.

You pay the capital gains tax only when you have sold your investment and realized the gain. BTC is treated as a commodity like gold or oil.

Look at it this way: Would you deduct any losses and ask for a higher refund? Fuck no. So why would you have to pay in on unrealized gains? People need to read a fucking book lest they get ass pounded in Federal prison.

No. I only buy what I think has a future. At the moment I only see 2 cryptos that have any future: Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Right now I think Bitcoin is under a huge bubble. ETH is still a work in progress but I believe in Vitalik. I am too chickenshit to dump money into bitcoin right now especially when I hear rumors of its prixe being inflated due to large companies buying it up just to position themselves to trade it for ETH. There is really not much else in the way of explanation for bitcoin soaring to these levels.

I dont fuck with shitcoins at all. They are completely predatory and almost always shilled here by Indian streetshitters looking to steal Americans hard earned dollars.