Can any country claim a territory of more historical significance than Turkey?

Can any country claim a territory of more historical significance than Turkey?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/12/19/world/europe/russia-ambassador-shot-ankara-turkey-report.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no imo

Nope but it is a downgrade. Ottomans held almost every site of historical and cultural value while wh*tes only ruled over ancient forests and huts

Arguably Iraq, Iran, Israel, Syria, Egypt, and Italy

Significant to whom?

China

Greece, Italy, Germany, Ireland, USA. China, Iran, Syria, Iraq

>Ireland

Italy, Greece, or Egypt would make good candidates, but Turkey still wins I think.

Historical? Quite a lot. Geopolitical none though.

>Greece

Most of what you'd call Ancient Greece is Turkey.
The Trojan War was fought kilometres away from the Galipoli landings.

Not to downplay the historical importance of Anatolia but Greece has plenty of claim being that it contains Athens, Sparta, Macedon, Thebes, and Corinth. That's an enormous amount of culture and influence just right there.

are you retarded? The most influential Greeks were either scholars from Athens (in modern Greece) or from ancient Macedonia which is, again, in modern-day Greece

>Greece
rightful Turkish land
>USA
op said historical significance
>Ireland
very funny

>op said historical significance
i don't get it
the US is historically significant

In the greater history of the world, North America has contributed jack shit to the story of civilisation.

Which is the modern day Former Bulgarian Republic of MakeSerbia

>story of civilisation
>civilization has a "story"

Modern greeks are almost as much ancient greeks as turks are. Almost.

Probably China too

when I was in Israel I was very impressed by the amount of historical culture sites they have of so many different eras for such a small country

>ancient Canaanite ruins
>roman ruins
>islamic golden age mosques
>crusader castles
>ottoman structures
etc

>Actually baiting turkish shitposter

I kinda miss him

He was here yesterday, or was that just a Mirage?

That is probably a faker
Wasn't the real one called Khalid Din Perplatea with tripcode OSMAN or something?

well it's the fucking holy land, what did you expect?

Israel

the UK

>>Greece
>rightful Turkish land

you got that the the-wrong way round friendo

Possibly, Iraq or Egypt. The only clear winner is China however.

>Turk thread
>No Veeky Forums pet Turk

QUICK! POST ANTI-TURK PROPAGANDA!

OUR PET TURK IS ASLEEP!

Turk poster I know ur lurking here. pls come back...

Yeah, right. China. Good one.

iraq

what of russia and italy?

absolute bullshit and you know it

alright mehmet

HAHAHA USA

England.
You might romanticize byzantium or have a thing for Göbekli Tepe but old Albion is the most historically significant piece of clay.

>tfw anatolia doesn't belong to Greece in current year
Kill Me

>Ireland
I'm Irish and I'm the first to admit that "Ireland" and "Significant" almost never go together.

Italy, Germany, Britain, Russia, China, arguably the US, South Africa

There is still hope friend, Roaches are still poking the bear:

nytimes.com/2016/12/19/world/europe/russia-ambassador-shot-ankara-turkey-report.html

are you saying south africa because of the cradle of humankind

>britain
shoo shoo

the "bear" will get immediately buttfucked by NATO when that happens.

>story of civilisation.
my sides, is this what europoors tell themselves?

I honestly feel bad for the people of Turkey. Memeing aside, they don't deserve to live in such a mess of a country. Kemal left them with a legacy of progress, secularism and liberty and look what Erdogan is doing.
For shame. If it wasn't for the corruption and expansionist, aggro mindset, Turkey would be a thriving western nation.

I keep telling people this. Erdogan is a bastard

I get what you're saying, but Erdogan has a lot of popular support. His followers are the same that think they are doing justice to Ataturk's legacy despite undermining every piece of it. You reap what you sow in a democracy.

>Implying Western Europeans will die for Turkish "people".

Ataturk has a secular legacy and a nationalist/military legacy

My guess as a Brit is that the AKP voters look only to the military legacy of Ataturk, in this sense they would think it odd that an outsider thinks they're in opposition to Ataturk

Swadia

I believe so. I haven't seen the real one in a while.

I cant tell, but he's around rn

Turkey had plenty of time to become a thriving western nation but "moderate" Muslims are more cancerous than fundy American proddies.

It's hard to "progress" economically and socially when you have a coup every decade to remove Islamist fucks that were elected by the people.

restoration of byzantium when?

Never, why the fuck would you want Anatolia anymore? It's infested with garbage tier human beings. The only thing worth saving is Istanbul and that's only because a little under half the city is secular.

You talk without actually knowing the truth about the Turkish Republic, there are many books redpilling people about kemal's dictatorship and how people were hanged if they talked crap about him and much more

Theres a lot of factual information available about the corrupt Turkish Republic in its early stages and how kemal's actually a British spy

I recommend 'Gray Wolf, Mustafa Kemal:An Intimate Study Of A Dictator
by H.C. Armstrong'

Greece, Egypt, Jerusalem, Italy, Iraq, China, India

Shapers of civilizations and important throught history regardless of the time

No it's not
FYROM is on Paeonia, not Macedonia you retard

Israel has Jesus' birth and death place, centers the levant, is where the Crucades aimed for, where Islam started spreading, where Jewish and refugees formed the first artificial nation, the First Nation created entirely by the UN, the only Jewish nation, the lowest point on the surface, where all the great Jewish kingsdins abs Crusader states formed, and has the cities of Jerusalem and Acre which alone conquers western and Arab history.

this.
Tbh, if the turks were "random horsenigger tribe that converted to orthodoxy(or any form of christianity) and conquered the former empire and instituted their own steppe inspired culture(like the Yuan)", like it happened in the west, no one would hate them that much, and maybe would even consider them Rome 3.0, and would just have the bad habits of their legacy to contend with, and maybe meme waring with the HRE for who's the real non-roman succesor to the roman empire.