Why did th West never develop a water based cleaning system for use at toilets?

Why did th West never develop a water based cleaning system for use at toilets?

How did they end up using paper, which is far more wasteful and dirty?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do you think? It was another chapter in the long history of the insidious machinations of the far-reaching wood pulp industry

>what's a bidet?

>not using paper AND a bidet

>West
WRONG
>Although paper had been known as a wrapping and padding material in China since the 2nd century BC,[2] the first documented use of toilet paper in human history dates back to the 6th century AD, in early medieval China.[1] In 589 AD the scholar-official Yan Zhitui (531–591) wrote about the use of toilet paper:
>"Paper on which there are quotations or commentaries from the Five Classics or the names of sages, I dare not use for toilet purposes".[1]
>During the later Tang dynasty (618–907 AD), an Arab traveller to China in the year 851 AD remarked:
>"...they [the Chinese] do not wash themselves with water when they have done their necessities; but they only wipe themselves with paper."[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper#History

CHINESE NO WASHEY POO
CHINESE WIPEY POO WITH PAPER
Hindus still no poo in loo
Details at 11

>What is a shower?

i don't get how sprinkling your butt a little bit is supposed to be better than toilet paper

i just use my hands to clean after a shit

fast, efficient and environmentally friendly

try using paper to clean your whole body and get back to us.

If my body was composed of buttcracks whipping would still be superior.

If you got your own shit on your arm, wiping it off with paper wouldn't be enough, you'd want to wash it with water too.

Sprinkling water on it wouldn't do much either, would it?

>He doesn't wash his asshole
This is why tops don't like you

>He doesn't bleach his asshole.
Yeah, I'm sure water is plenty, though.

Sorry, you're not making much sense here.
Tell me from your side of the argument why I should lightly douse my ass with a bit of low pressure water, making the shit on the inside of my cheeks only wetter than it is, therefore having it smear all over my underwear, rather than wipe my butthole with some soft paper repeatedly until nothing appears on it.

You vigorously rub your anus with a hand at the same time.

we salafists now?

I can't believe someone would be this ignorant.

Do you seriously think that the majority of civilisation is just lightly sprinkling water on their butt crack??

You use the water to thoroughly clean yourself. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

you're right, the vast majority of civilization either shit in a hole in the floor or shit on a chosen excretion avenue

A good bidet doesn't just wet leftover feces, it loosens and dislodges it entirely into the toilet. You could also make up the difference with toilet paper afterwards.

It's not a choice between wet feces and dry feces, but no feces and feces.

What is a bidet? Never heard of it.

>using toilet paper after your ass is wet

then it gets tears and gets stuck

paper first, then water to rinse off the remains

so when you drop food on the floor you just rub it vigorously with paper instead of using a mop?

so if you americans get shit on your finger you just use paper and don't wash it at all?

>not using the superior rag on a stick

Because they are the most conservative country outside Iran or Saudi Arabia or something like that. This isn't just politics, in their personality the slightest divination from tradition is a fucking mind blowing chasm of addity to them.

>then it gets tears and gets stuck
Use better paper, not the newspaper.

Also, why don't muslim countries use showers (now that they exist) to clean they ass instead of their bare hands with some water?
Say what you want, but directly touching your shitty anus with your bare hand is thousands times more disgusting than using toilet paaper, water or not

I literally wash my ass with my hands

No shit, seriously.

That's duisgusting
Your hands are much cleaning if you wash them after having wipped your ass using paper than if you wash them after having touched your shit directly

Now your anus may be sligthly dirtier, but the real question is: what matters the most to your, clean anus or clean hands?

What never stop to surprise me is that the waterfags never mention soap.

To use their favorite analogy, if I had shit on my arm, I would (first remove what I can with paper then) wash it off with soap and rinse.
I would not just rub it off with water.

And there were bidets in my grandparents' house : with a bar of soap on the side.

So do you guys really use only water ?

Anecdote : this summer I went to a rainbow gathering. Hundreds of people gathered inawoods for weeks. Industrial technology was frowned upon, so soap and paper was rare.
We dug holes in the ground for collective use. Signs advised us on the procedure : first you take a shit, then you clean your anus with water (after wiping with leaves if you feel like it), then cover your mess with ashes, then wash your hands with ashes.
The second week, we all got sick.

I literally wash my hands with my ass.

That's duisgusting
Your ass is much cleaning if you wash is after having wipped your hands using paper than if you wash is after having touched your hands directly

Now your fingers may be slightly dirtier, but the real question is: what matters the most to your, clean fingers or clean ass?

> yan shitui
Kek

>west

I agree, but it seems to me like the first one could just be what it says: "I wouldn't wipe my ass with this," like in a general "this is really shoddy" way
The second one definitely clears it up, though

you share a bar of ass soap with other people?

>soap
>Industrial technology

hippies are fucking retarded

t. Pajeet

kek

>history & humanities

It's not unhygienic if you do it right: lather your hand (or a washing mitt) with soap then clean your ass either that. Of course you're not supposed to use the bar of soap directly on your anus.
They were okay with artisanal soap.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my butt-washing toilet.
To the "slightly douse" "low pressure" dork ITT: If you don't sit on it and activate it, you'll get a wet ceiling. Not low pressure at all.

this thing

>bidet
>wet wipes
A kingly combo.

You just won the thread.