Is this going to be the next big thing?

Is this going to be the next big thing?

Depends if their browser gains mass adoption, which I doubt since its purpose is just to serve their "attention" stuff and own ads

I sort of doubt it too. I don't know how this would compete with firefox or chrome. I don't think most people want any ads at all, even if they're being paid, which I suppose is how it works so everyone wins? I don't think people would give a fuck though. I always get adblock immediately when I get a new browser.

>Brave browser

It seems like a POS desu and since the entire thing rests on that browser, it sort of puts the writing on the wall doesn't it?

This will be very hard to pull off. Chrome is basically an OS. Even Mozzilla has hundreds of employees working their browser.

A few geniuses might make a better browser (all innovation happens in small skilled highly motivated groups) but the chances are slim.

Since it's not any guarantee, people will definitely make some money dumping at the ICO from the late people, but I don't know if holding this would actually be worth it. If the browser sucks, you lose everything. If it takes off, ???

It won't succeed because although it's innovate, disruptive and fights the good fight against Google and Facebook Veeky Forums has decided to constantly FUD against it.

It's a shame really.

I'm going big on this

>If the browser sucks, you lose everything.
Right

>If it takes off, ???
The sky is the limit. Think about it, we got 3D engines that give us photorealistic environments (Unreal 4, CryEngine), but we got shitty browsers that crash on multiple tabs. Writing a great browser is actually a hard software problem.

I think once we're all wearing hololenses/assist devices 20 years out, browsers won't even be around anymore. It'll be all AR environments.

not sure if /g/ likes it or not

But the browser doesn't suck. I use on my t420 laptop all the time. It is really good if you read on forums a lot.

Last time I checked it claimed to have saved 5 minutes of my life for all the quicker loads it has performed.

Brave will have a small market share but high share among developers and probably millions of users regardless. From there it can fight the good fight and take on google, facebook and their malvertising empire.

Fucking no.

Going up against google is suicide.

>buy $1k at IPO
>hold until it opens on bittrex
>quadruple initial investment

Sounds good to me.

Wow user a whole $3,000...

This is what I think, but what if, you know? seems like a pipe dream.

Fuck you, I'm poor.

User attention is monitered in the Brave Browser. Wtf is this creepy shit NO. D-don't worry!! your private data never leaves your device goyim..

You do know these are all memes right. /g/ is retarded.

Not a shill, but I think the whole idea is to allow advertising without compromising privacy

It's an interesting concept at least, since on the Internet today, advertising is cancerous

But they are less biased than here where everyone has coins in their pocket.

There will apparently be extensions for all major browsers.

How the hell does that work? If that's true then this will be more interesting