There are too many people asking how to get into crypto so here is the simple guide:

There are too many people asking how to get into crypto so here is the simple guide:

1. You need to buy bitcoin first. Only major coins like BTC, ETH, LTC, and as of late, XRP can be bought directly with fiat. If you want to invest in altcoins you need BTC. How to buy BTC? A few methods: use an exchange like Coinbase, Kraken, (here's a list bitcoin.org/en/exchanges). The thing you need to keep in mind is that in order to prevent money laundering it takes a while for the exchanges to approve you and allow you to buy a lot of bitcoin - up to a month in most cases. If you want to buy a lot of bitcoin FAST I would suggest localbitcoins (google it). Here you can buy directly from other people around the world. The one setback here is the fees are usually much higher due to the convenience.

2. Once you have BTC you need to transfer it to an exchange that allows you to invest in altcoins. The two exchanges you will hear a lot about are Poloniex and Bittrex. These both have high volume. There are other exchanges as well which will let you trade more "exotic" coins (aka memecoins) such as TRUMP, PUTIN, etc.

3. Now that you have your BTC at the exchange it is simply a matter of transferring the BTC into whichever alt coin you think will increase in value. You can listen to shills on Veeky Forums or do you own research.

4. Buy a lambo

Why you should DEFINITELY invest in crypto:
Look at this site: alt19.com/. Look at the second column from the right showing the yearly gains. Notice the number of coins which are green (up) versus red (down). Now notice how many are over 100%. Now notice how many are over 1000%. With bitcoin about to cross the $2000 mark we can only expect more and more people (normies) to want to hop on the BTC train - and when BTC increases so does everything else. This is only the beginning.

I'm so glad I found you faggots. /pol/ was getting too normie and boring.

Great thread. Thanks user

stfu Andre you faggot

Fuck white people[/spoiler]

Use shapeshift instead of polonex or bittrex. Don't keep coins on an exchange.

Just getting in, still don't understand what happens between having coins on exchanges vs. wallets.

So, when you guys buy Bitcoin/Ethereum to hold or altcoins, do you just leave them on Coinbase's wallet or transfer to a hard drive/pen and paper one?

Many sources I've read claiming the online wallets are high risk, but not sure if bullshit.

There was the whole mtgox thing that has made many weary of keeping coins on an exchange

WHY ARE THERE NO THREADS about mining anymore?

You faggots all talking about Lambos but you can't afford to string a few graphics cards together?

Teach a NEET to fuck around with some coding and actually building something in the garage that will slowly make money over time, give the NEET responsibility to monitor electric bill usage, etc. etc. etc. These are the skills Veeky Forums should be fucking helping with.
>give your money to this wallet
>buy the dip
>hurr

No, we want mining. Teach me Veeky Forums.

The private keys for your coins are kept on the exchange servers. So anyone who can hack them can get your coins.

For a wallet, the keys are stored on your device. Someone would have to hack your device to get them.

It's a question of whose security you trust more: the exchange's or yours?

the moment you unlock your phone with your ballsack #nohomo #muskateersfaggots

>make coinbase account
>verify everything
>instant buy $125 worth of ethereum with CC
>hit confirm
>no pending transactions on bank statement
>no transactions listed on coinbase
>no confirmation email
>don't know whether to buy again and end up getting charged twice or wait to see if it goes through after a few hours

nice fucking website memeshits

There are no white people on /pol/, it is all chinks and happas.

>coinbase

Gemini is way better. Dunno why people still use coinbase. Ignorance i guess...

Add your visa card to verified by visa

I'm still waiting to get verified.

what do you recommend

Just made an account last night and bought $95 worth of ETH like 10 mins ago on Coinbase. Worked fine for me. Just refresh the page a bit and you should be fine.

I got an instant text from by bank asking me to verify the charge. Do you think it might've just ignored my verification and declined the charge? or might just be my bank taking a moment to say yes?

Im from aus so no can do

I don't have a rig, but I bought a premade one and set it mining in a warehouse for extra 65$/month for electricity and tech support.
It would have payed off even without the price going up, I advise you to mine that shit while it's PoW

Btw, if you really want to fuck arround, download the blockchain and start mining with your gpu (unless you have a laptop, that will fry the gpu)
>source
My republik of gaymers got fried

Thank you for posting this.

Made it into a convenient image

Yeah it took me like two weeks to get verified. Lotta new users trying to get in on the gravy train. Worth it though.

I guess Localbitcoins is the only option if you're afraid to miss the spaceship.

i had the same problem til i went to some section on coinbase.. i think it was security or settings > transaction

and it said the transaction was CANCELED.

I went to settings, saw same shit. Thanks user. Guess I'll rebuy.

>avoiding discussing the risks

the stance of the chinese on crypto has noticeable effects on its trade/value. they like the idea but dont like how its used to hide money from them.

had the same problem, called my bank and they fixed it. some issue with the transaction getting caught by their fraud detection

You didn't explain wallets or how you get your BTC from kraken onto poloniex

Actually I've been buying ETH and trading that for various altcoins. It has gained many pairings on many exchanges recently, and no network congestion a la Bitcoin.

That's right Shin, ETHEREUM IS KING