Tfw there will never be a historical character as based as the Hospitaller

>tfw there will never be a historical character as based as the Hospitaller

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5Xkfz_MW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Balian: You go with the army?
Hospitaller: My order is with the army.
Balian: You go to certain death.
Hospitaller: All death is certain. I shall tell your father what I've seen you become.

he was my favourite character in the movie

a real human bean

>human bean

He was an angel/God

This. The directors cut more or less spells it out when he randomly appears, revives Balian after the assassination attempt by the Templars and the disappears.

>liking the fr*nch

Fuck templars and hospitallers
Teutonic knights is where it's at

I know you're trying to mock crusader babies, but this guy kind of pulls it off. Medieval flicks always need a fat jolly guy on the team.

Coupled with his northern English accent it just stands out for me.

Do you faggots just have Kingdom of Heaven constantly playing or some shit?

Literally yes

Until another good crusader movie comes out

pretty much
also hate to break it to the Hospitallierfags but Tiberius had the best line
>I have given Jerusalem my whole life.Everything. First, I thought we were fighting for God. Then I realized we were fighting for wealth and land. I was ashamed.

>God tier soundtrack
>God tier deus vult.

What's not to like?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5Xkfz_MW8

>implying it's not "He is a Saracen. He lies!"

Reynald is the best character.

>implying it's not "I am what I am, someone has to be."

I wallpapered my room with each individual frame of the film.

Mom says real knights take out the garbage for her, but I said that she's an infidel

The movie criminally simplifies the context and social atmosphere of the Middle Ages and worse, gets the story of Balian completely wrong. Whoever wrote the script had a very poor understanding of history.

Isn't it pretty much a pro-agnostic pro-humanist movie?

The Desu Vult transcends the author's intent

I saw the movie twice just this week desu

>nothing
>everything

????
literally what did salad man mean by this

real history isn't marketable

some scenes trigger my autisms too, but it's because of that movie ten year old me decided to learn more about the crusades

IRL Baldwin IV was BASED.
> However, unknown to Saladin, the forces he had left to subdue the King had been insufficient and now both Baldwin and the Templars were marching to intercept him before he reached Jerusalem.
> The King, whose teenage body was already ravaged by aggressive leprosy, was helped from his horse and dropped to his knees before the cross. He prayed to God for victory and rose to his feet to cheers from his army.
>The King, fighting with bandaged hands to cover his terrible wounds and sores, was in the thick of the fighting.
>King Baldwin's victory was total. He had utterly destroyed the invasion force and had captured Saladin's baggage train. Baldwin pursued Saladin until nightfall, and then retired to Ascalon

That the city itself is worthless, but as a symbol it is the most important.

kek

Jerusalem is worth both everything and nothing not due to its material value but its value as a symbol of faith to both Muslims and Christains makes it worth dying for.

Your mother puts good boy points above the Will of God? She sounds like a heretic.

He's a dirty heathen who doesn't even care about it much, but he'd rather have it than the Christians or Jews, despite already having a Holy City

That's what I said.

Then she dare tell me I should go to Church with her, as if I were ignorant of the Divine Right

It takes the aspects that best emphasize the point being made, like all good art does. 100% accuracy is artistically disasterous. It's not meant to educate, it's meant to make you think.

Jerusalem is where his prophet rose to the Heavens. It meant just as much to the Muslims as it did to the Jews is Christians

Is Kingdom of Heaven Crusader kino Veeky Forums?

choice

Ive seen it 3 times within 6 months. And guess what? This thread just triggered my holy crusader mode to watch it again. Th-Thanks Veeky Forums

this, who gives a shit what Diddly Squat intended.

I love that campaign mission in aoe2 where you btfo ascalon and tyre

You don't?

No it fucking doesn't. Mecca is their holy capital.

It feels like I'm taking crazy pills but I can't be the only one who perceives people on this website who use "based" as complete tools, right?
There's something so cringe-inducing about it, I reckon many use it ironically but it seems to transcribe some sincere meaning which is fucking stupid and ridiculous to me.

I love Lil B though.

Based comment.

'Just as much' is pushing it but it's still a holy city to them. Jesus was one of their prophets. It's not 'just another city'.

Also it's a retarded belief to think "but you have a holy city, you can only have one!" like we're playing a fucking videogame or something.

Think of it like this. Jerusalem is a holy city to Christians, but so is Rome. In both places significant events happened that were highly relevant to Christianity.
If Constantinople was still Christian it'd probably be one too.

He was also just a fucking teenager. If I remember right he only lived to 23 or something like that. Imagine what he could have done with a long life

Based user, BTFOing basedfags forever.

These aren't even his best lines
>Guy: Give me War.
>hand Renault his weapons
>Reynault: (bows head) That is what I do.

Also honorary mention to
>I AM REYNAULT DE CHATILLON!
X5

Crusaders were being dicks to the Saracens, warranted or not, and the Saracens showed up with Saladin to fucking crush them. The Crusaders may have had legitimate grievances but they started shit without backup in a land that wasn't theirs and got rekt.

>wasn't theirs

I am accorded the privilege of wansom.

>yfw the guy sent to arrest them is Jaime Lannister
>yfw his dad (directors cut only) is Craster
>yfw Richard the Lionheart is Jorah Mormont

>yfw you will never get a prequel film about the adventures of Sir Neeson, Medieval Lucius Vorenus and their meery band of Knightly chums.

Why even live?