Why is Chinese culture so under appreciated outside of China?

Why is Chinese culture so under appreciated outside of China?

>5000 years of history, one of worlds ancient civilization that still retains its culture.
>Chinese people have way more appreciation and knowledge of their country's history and literature than West and whites
>architecture is unique (up to qing)
>values of parental respect, cultural heritage, and other ways of life deeply engrained in the people.
>成语. Just goat.
>Authentic Chinese food

There is so much more i feel is of china, by china i dont mean the communist party but rather that Chinese style from the dynasty eras that is just so rich (me being pleb i cant list much). Why arent the Chinese ways not as appreciated outside of china. Why dont they have more influence over the world now as the western countries and their art/culture have influenced the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

humanities was a mistake

>Post Cultural revolution

>still retains its culture

You're shitposting, right?

Its boring actually.

Chinese girls are beautiful.

Post more Chinese qts and maybe I'll start appreciating them more

They were mostly isolated from the West and didn't project power outside of their Eastern sphere of influence for most of their history.

I love reading Chinese history. Modern China, urban China, at least, has none of that uniqueness and different-ness from the West.

Because of communism

Despite the revolution Chinese culture pre revolutionis still deeply engrained in the people.

But we have Taiwan, which is largely composed of Han Chinese and who share the same ancestral history as the PRC, minus the native Taiwanese

Yeah, peasant tier bullshit like killing baby girls.

I have a question though; why is chinese film already dead? The last good kino i can remember s beijing bicycle.

btw HK and TW don't count. They are very different paradigms to mainland china in temrs of art.

Compare this to the USSR where you had tarkovsky, shostakovich etc so it cant just be communism

By and large, the only thing that the Chinese brought with them abroad was sojourning, xenophobia, racism, poor hygiene, lack of willingness to adopt local cultures, organized crime, and the like.

It's not that other cultures don't do the same. It seems that, however, the Chinese do it more frequently anywhere on earth they go. How is your average person in the """"West"""" supposed to have a deeper cultural appreciation for China when, largely, they are organized con artists in many of the North American and West European cities they go to?

>Why dont they have more influence over the world now as the western countries and their art/culture have influenced the world.
Relating to the earlier point, they didn't export their culture with them in a way that was "marketable." When they Irish brought their crime and pubs over, it was already fitting with what the Italians, for example, had done along the east coast of the USA and Canada. The Italians and Irish at least adopted the local language and, by and large, interacted with other populations over successive generations. Sojourning by the Chinese in California and British Columbia, for example, has been an issue since the 1860's. There hasn't been a reason given to adopt any of their cultural values.

>t. wop mick hybrid we wuz Americans and shiet

>the chinese are the jews 2.0

But he is right.

Only correct answer

>live in Western culture, surrounded by Western people
>"why don't more people appreciate Chinese culture?"

>Chinese exclusion act
>wow why dont they integrate stupid yellow monkies

this post might have been somewhat relevant 90 years ago.

>5000 years of history

But the west has much more impact on the east than the east on the west. Other than anime and nipland shiet. Chinese folk and stories are so rich.

>上下五千年。

Beacuse the chinks were an irrelevant shithole during the only centuries that mattered, the 18th, 19th, and 20th.

Try to step outside your western perspective. China has been absurdly influential in East Asia. To the extent that much of Japanese and Korean culture is just aping the Chinese.

Not so much the Nips. They rejected a lot of Chinese philosophy and religion because because muh Tenno Heika. Korean culture is way more Sinicized, even though the gooks don't like to admit it because it means they are just neo-chinks.

>Chinese

>culture

AHAHAHAHAHA

years of history, one of worlds ancient civilization that still retains its culture.
Nope, communism.

Don't worry my man, i too want to spread the word about the chinese way of life.
youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

Because the Qing dynasty (1644-1911) and the Manchurians fucked everything up and suffocated classical China's power and cultural influence just before the dawn of globalism

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Taoism had a big influence on Zen Buddhism.

>I have a question though; why is chinese film already dead?

(You)

The whole "let's put people who don't agree with the government in prison and harvest their organs" is somewhat off-putting.

Prove me wrong. Look at the cunese box office for example. Filled with soulless marvelshit. They aomehow have worse taste than burgers

White people like to pretend that superior races to their own don't exist.

"Around1900" History and culture before the upheaval was good.
The Cultural Revolution ended the past culture and history.
It is because it is Communism now.

No it fucking didn't. You don't just end history or culture

It literally died first in HK and Taiwan devolving into sappy dramas in the early 90s. The Mainland was a breath of fresh air in Chink Cinema with directors like Chen Kaige and Zhang Yimou and everyone from the 5th Wave of Chinese cinema who were basically angry survivors of the Cultural Revolution.

Then in the mid 2000s it shat up due to the new middle class pleb audience but at least they have Lu Chuan.

At least they found an use for the dissidents, gotta give them props for that.

>died

Wong Kar wai is still alive desu

The whole "Communist Dictatorship that actively tried to wipe out the language and culture of the Chinese people" thing didn't help.

The CCP is a barbaric and disharmonious organization of thugs and bullies that try very, very hard and are very, very good at keeping the people they lord over from having access to outside opinions and this in turn keeps the people outside of Mainland China from having access to the opinions and media of the Chinese.

Not only are the the overwhelming majority of Chinese people completely sealed off by the Great Firewall but huge swathes are impoverished and illiterate.

The language is also buttfuck complex and very different from Indo-European languages. Yes, English is super complex, yadda yadda yadda, Mandarin is not only hilariously analytical but uses goddamn ideograms for writing.

Add onto that that Taiwan and a handful of overseas Chinatowns are the only source of authentic Chinese culture (as the CCP would gladly destroy their own culture for pocket change if given the chance) means that there's only ~25 million people who can reliably transmit said Chinese culture. There's more fucking KENYANS than there are non-CCP Chinese.

Communism kind of ruined it
t.China-pro

>I don't like this topic so no one will

I think the real question is, why are east asian feet best and which east asians have the best feet? (Not Japan)

I'm interested noodle bro. let's hear some highlights.

>Chinese
>culture
That shit still exists outside chink blockbusters?

>dog eating
>culture

pick one

Ive actually been to China. Its very crowded and the homeless there have it way worse than here in the states. I got to meet some people my age, like 15-16, and they were actually nice people.

Would 10/10 visit again

Chinese History is impossible to get into. It's too vast, and all the important people are named the same.

To me it all reads like this: "Then Chu Bu, the commander of the fortress of Qinshandong betrayed the Southern Emperor of the Shi dynasty, and opened the gates for Han Chu, general of the Mong army, who quickly entered and sacked the city, despite their promise. 10000 virgins threw themselves off the citadel walls. Then the Yellow River flooded and according to ancient sources more than a billion laid dead (modern estimates put the number of death closer to one cow and one really drunk monk)"

>(modern estimates put the number of death closer to one cow and one really drunk monk)"
Holy shit my sides.

>prove me wrong
>soulless
Ahh I found a buzzword poster.

Also, HK and Taiwan cinema has been shit for a decade.

Nice shitty hyperbole.

their people is still kinda trashy compared to japan and korea, just gonna wait a little longer until the cultural revolution generations are dead though, once the younger more cultured chinese takeover china will be seen more positively

This.

Because China doesn't have a modern culture. They just meme the past.
There are exceptions, of course, but next to Japan and Korea they just don't have it.
China's road to modernity was to destroy and attack the culture. They're barely reviving their old culture. They don't care for innovation. Their most iconic export is 你是我的小蘋果.
And to be entirely h with you senpai, China's culture is in a lot of ways almost perfect. The food is great, the literature is great, the architecture is great, the women, great, the Confucian ethical system functional. China is coherent. It doesn't need the West except to steal technological and economic development from in order to not get invaded.
If China became an imperial power through OBOR, it might start making a new culture. Other than that, China is what it has been since Confucius.

It's not even hyperbole. The CCP is trying to stomp out the retardation but peasants will be peasants. They should be genocided imo.

Everything in Chinese culture has already been done.
Unless China changes fundamentally, the level of artistic talent required to write or film something worthwhile is extreme.
Taiwan and Hong Kong are kind of weird in that one was barely China and then threw all the old Chinese culture there along with a military dictatorship. Hong Kong used to be part of Britain. Significant differences producing art. Also more relaxed censorship probably helps.

You seem like an alright guy but I lived on China for 5.5 years, speak Chinese and I have to ask you how you honestly think anyone living in a first world country would be attracted by "Chinese " culture of the mainland. Its dirtynas hell, extremely polluted, the people are ill-manered and uneducated outside of the middle class, urban segements of the population..dude I could go on. Not here to trash your country but your post was not well thought out. Everyone here knows what China is really like versus how Chinese nationalists, i.e. most Chinese want people to see it. It only takes a few months of living anywhere in China to start to see why any family with money tries to send their children abroad, as I suspect is the case with yourself. By the way, Great Wall is fucking terrible, I'd wager she's not even drinking Chinese wine in that pic. I'd totally tap that yellow pussy though.

The world isn't one big Hollywood blockbuster. In the past twenty years, China's funded and built much more cultural projects such as the Confucius institutes, bigger and grander displays for Chinese new year, promotion of Chinese art schools than the 150 years preceding that.

>Outside of China

This is a meme, the "Sinosphere" is what it is for a reason; Chinese culture has profoundly impacted most Asian cultures other than India - its' architectural and cultural styles are akin to the Graeco-Romans in Europe, which is why if you search up "traditional (vietnamese/cambodian/japanese/korean)" etc they all look similar. It's like the one thing orientalists got right (so /pol, get on board you niggers) Japanese scholars used to study the "Chinese classics" and still revere the ancient Chinese, particularly the T'angs - much like how the ancient Greeks are looked at with venerations but the exact same people view modern Greece as a disaster and shell of its' former iteration.

To compare with Japan - Japan's economy was on a freight train for the latter half of the cold war, and all post-industrial economies are massive cultural exporters. Look at soft powers - America is number one, and most in the top ten are European, except Japan. China is ranked in the 30s because its' not deindustrialised and its not at the stage of the economy to feasibly export culture throughout the world

kys pseuds

>needing to deindustrialize to export culture
hello globalist

>much like how the ancient Greeks are looked at with venerations but the exact same people view modern Greece as a disaster and shell of its' former iteration.
This, this is how everyone sees China now

>kys pseuds

kys first, hypocrite.

>tfw greekaboo faggot

I don't like globalisation but it's simply the trend you can view in basically every deindustrialsed economy you fucking moron

Partially, but while Greece is a failed state China is the world's second biggest economy. I'd say apprehension is a much bigger feeling than reverence at this point

Not an argument

The average person in china is extremely nice and welcoming.

The government is garbage.

>modern greeks
>the same people as the ancient greeks

haha nooooope. the same deal with chinese people.

(you)

If you're being serious though, what do you think the ancient Chinese people were? Indoeuropeans? Iranian-Aryans

>Like 15-16

m o ds

nigger japanese traditions are just an extrapolation of the tang dynasty

>muh globalists

yeah, its more complex than that, civilisational wise, they're the greeks of asia, political wise, they're the russians of asia (by being a dick), diaspora wise, they're either mexicans or jews of asia

>I don't like globalisation but it's simply the trend you can view in basically every deindustrialsed economy you fucking moron
>believing what your local politician sold you to justify your jobs being shipped away
>not being the USA when you export culture while being the largest manufacturing power

Qin-Shi Huang was the lost son of Julius Caesar

Ask anyone who works closely with the Chinese why nobody likes their culture outside of china

Nice outing yourself as an idiot.
ancient Greeks were never a pure people because all people are an amalgamation of other people.

If you hold that against them then no modern population has any ties to their ancient ones.

Japan.

PS You're the idiot.

Diaspora wise they are obviously the jews

>upper-middle class or aristocratic everywhere
>hated
>Genocided by muslims sometimes (Indonesia)

Japan had better cultural export when it was industrialised. Now people associated anime, katanas and the Japanese language with NEETs and filth

In japan and korea they're niggers

>obviously the jews

Only in Southeast Asia. Everywhere else, they're like Mexicans.

It's more complex than that

There's businessmen who are richer than medium income and labourers who are poor, the niggers are still SEAs and in some cases actual niggers, and the former is increasing while the latter is decreasing

>West
>Buying a bunch of property, have higher median incomes and pushing for centre-right conservatives to be elected
>Mexicans

good reply

Japanese aren't even pure. They are a mixture of two groups.

China's most iconic export is "You are my little apple"?

>Japan had better cultural export when it was industrialised. Now people associated anime, katanas and the Japanese language with NEETs and filth
T. Joseon

Japanese romanticisation is still everywhere in Hollywood and Western entertainment, can't say that about any other Asian groups to a meaningful extent

They're property hoarders in Japan, too

Let's talk about how China was influenced by Mongolian culture when the Mongols invaded and ruled China and interbred with them for many many years.

Kys weeb

You think anyone other than you fedoralords think Japan is the bomb, the 80s are over

Literally nothing

Every dynasty n China that was led by a minority eventually had a bottom-up sinicisation of things, look at the Yuan dynasty. There was no meaningful interbreednig

>5000 years of history
This is my favorite China meme.

It's because aloye of Chinese history hasn't been translated like American and European history. Very difficult to find sources if you don't speak the language

The meme is actually 10000 years.

They were built on a slave morality from millions of years of Hwan rule, yet they forgot all about the Finns that liberated them. The Koreans had invented quantum fibre optics while the ancient Ch*nese were barely ahead of primitive agriculture

years of history, one of worlds ancient civilization that still retains its culture.
All of modern civilization was formed in the past 400 by white people. Chinese have no culture aside from spoopy dollar-store buddhism and some warrior guy.
>>Chinese people have way more appreciation and knowledge of their country's history and literature than West and whites
This isn't a good thing if it were true, which it isn't, because they have never accomplished anything except genociding their self-hating asses every couple hundred years.
And actually, they don't like their own culture and are the fastest growing protestant christian culture in the world and worship european aesthetics.
>>architecture is unique (up to qing)
No its not.
>>values of parental respect, cultural heritage, and other ways of life deeply engrained in the people.
>le honorabru asiaman meme
>>成语. Just goat.
What, the word for idiom is an idiom?
>>Authentic Chinese food
It's good but not really worth a discussion

>protestant

YOU
LIE
FUCKING PRODDIE SCUM

I'm athiest. The fact that chinese are mass converting to participation-award christianity is fully descriptive of their character as a race

>implying Chinese culture is appreciated INSIDE China.

CCP officials and corrupt bureaucrats being above the law so long as they don't get too greedy is only "Chinese culture" from the most cynical post-modern perspective.

>All of modern civilization was formed in the past 400 by white people. Chinese have no culture aside from spoopy dollar-store buddhism and some warrior guy.

proof me wrong

Could anyone here give me a 成语 for this piece of carved jade my dad gave me? Its two fish on right and one big fish on left.

Is anyone else amused that it is the lackadaisical picture of pepe and not the open eyed one?

>interracial

Discard it immediately.

What could the jade mean..... What is my fathers message to me....

That's not real jade.

t. my dad and uncle own antique shops