JUST

Why did samurai JUST themselves? What's the point of the haircut?

So nobody could grab them by their hair in combat.

Not true. I heard from a person studying Japanese history it was because a bald top made their helmets stay on better. On top of that, it probably symbolized you were a devoted warrior and all that honor shit. Not every guy did it though Some would also just have "buzz cuts" or extremely short hair too.

The memespeak on this board is getting out of hand.

Hair style preferences are purely cultural and cosmetic, sometimes the bald look was just in

>half bald look.
ftfy

according to the wikipedia page it aided in holding a helmet in place, but there's no source given on that so idk what to make of it

it was to cover shameful hair loss

not necessarily
more like to make themselves equal in hair loss, reverence for elders and so forth

Someone else posted this comment somewhere here.

Unlike knights in Europe, samurais were not taken prisoners and then paid off with a bounty. Surrender would almost certainly meant death; either forced (by sepukku or drinking poison) or just straight up beheading. Hence suicide was in a way controlling the means in which you would die and ensuring that the enemy would not be able to desecrate your corpse.

Its for the helmet and only became a culture thing after a while.

People often forget that the Templars, Knights Hospitalier etc were generally tonsured.

I'm just going to dump this real quick

ara

The duwang-tier translation makes it better somehow.

>ceiling mom

and done

gonna need a sauce

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
this is why chinese culture will never beat japan

Humans are fickle, so appearances do matter.

Samurai clans were like gangs, they went full into tribalism. This look would become familiar to them improving sentiments among followers for the group and other members. Also it is difficult to fake, people instantly know you are the real deal and you can afford to meticulously maintain your appearance. A dedicated spy could pass themselves off as a samurai but not the average charlatan.

Isobe Isobee Monogatari.

Only that chapter has been translated, but if you like that sort of humor you should check out Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar and Sexy Commando Gaiden, it's practically the same thing.

Its to wear helmets fucking easily, you cunt niggers.
>Be Samurai
>Wanna appear courtoeus and groomed n shiet 24/7.
>Wear helmet.
>Remove helmet
>Your sides are ok but your top looks like crows fucked up there.
>Better shave it off lyl.

>I want a humburgur kind of food
>We are in Edo Era
Brilliant writing

Is this supposed to be read left to right or right to left? Panel wise shit doesn't make sense either way. Is this supposed to some sort of wierd prolonged 4koma?

excellent

what is de sourou

old fashioned desu

>I just seppukued, you know, like just now... it hurts owow...
Best line.

hides that you're balding