What country has the most boring history?

What country has the most boring history?
My vote is my own country, Canada
minus the Hudson Bay Company and a couple skirmishes in Quebec nothing of interest has EVER happened here.
>shit on natives for centuries. Who doesnt shit on natives?
>win a war against the united states when they were baby teir
>draw a straight line for a border with zero conflict
>decent soldiers in both world wars. guess that's something
>Quiet revolution in quebec. That's the all time highlight
>Gain reputation for being polite and making sure things don't get out of hand internationally
>Become USA's gay little bro.
>American travellers imposter us cause no one gives a shit about us
Am I missing something?
Oh, the Avro Arrow is cool. NVM here come John Diefenbaker to shut that shit down.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482223042359.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New Zealand

Hard mode: European states

Iceland

What about the Patriotes Rebellion that you crushed by, among other horrible acts, burning civilians alive? What about the two times you violated international laws by rigging referendums? Or when you declared martial law in Québec? Or when you created contemporary multikulti and forced on a minority so you could get rid of them, dillute their culture and extinguish their language?

Canada's history is only boring when you're outside of Québec. Really makes you think.

This. No way you can beat that.

I admire the Quebecois. I apologize if my post made it seem otherwise. The october crisis is really interesting in particular. But anglo-canadian history is DULL.

Muh North West Rebellion

>Brave, proud Viking explorers settle untamed land (ok a couple Irish monks doing nothing isn't taming the land).
>Everyone forgets they exist
>Build airport

>win a war against the united states when they were baby teir
As long as you're taking credit for Great Britain's achievements you might as well claim Canada ruled 1/4 of the globe.

At least you guys know how to make money. Our economy is fucked beyond repair desu

Also stop being friendly all the time. You're creeping us out.

Monaco.

The highlight of the country's history is Grace Kelly fucking one of them

I'm not but lots of Canadians do. We weren't even officially Canada then

Fine, fuck you.

That's the spirit, tabarnak.

>Gain reputation for being polite and making sure things don't get out of hand internationally
You know, just for being a near complete anomaly in all of history in this fashion, you should get some credit.

...Not that you don't also lend your troops to wars that you know aren't entirely legit, but I suppose between that and beating the natives, it's just enough not to avoid looking like total hippies.

On the bright side it means you're technically not responsible for slavery or the indian wars either.

If we go by like this i'd say Finland.

>Be snownigger hunter gatherers in the 9th century
>Few hundred years later when the snowniggers on the other side of the pond became christians they decided to convert them
>Whoops they conquered them
>Next 600 years are literally being a frontierland to sweden
>1800's Russia decides that Österland ain't for swedes anymore.
>They take it, declare it autonymous grand duchy and the next 50 years go swimmingly
>Then people start to get in power who like the idea of panslavism and russofying people
>Finns don't like this
>They suffer famine and cold winters
>"Ok, we've had enough"
>Intellectuals and powerful people think finns should be free
>Nicholai II steps into play
>Approves of the act to oppress and take the autonymous rights away from Finland
>Some finn born in Ukraine decides to kill the lord-governor and this gets the gears moving
>Fast forward to october revolution
>Russian state is failing and Finns decide just like that to declare independence
>Lenin approves in hopes that the revolutionary forces would in time woo Finland into the proletariat
>Well Lenin's dreams are crushed when the finnish civil war breaks out and Germans openly endorse the White guard.
>1939. WW2 breaks out and soviets think that it's high time to get rid of those oligarchs next to us
>Not so fast
>Only get parts of Karelia although you had planned victory parades in the capital weeks before the war
>Hitler woos finns to honor the anti cominterm pact with promises of reclaiming territory
>Eastern front happens
>Oops wasn't so good idea after all
>The president gets a separate peace from the soviets with the promise that germans retreat from Finland
>All goes well
>Soviets demand that germans retreat faster
>"But they're already going as fast as possible"
>"Well then shoot them or Finland ceases to exist"
>WW2 over, Finland still a sovereign state
>Everything went better than expected
Well i guess it wasn't that boring after all.

I'm not responsible because I wasn't alive and all those people are dead. No one is responsible for sins of the father.

(obligatory)

ALL THAT KNOWLEDGE LOST! AN D FOR WHAT?

You skipped the part where you became asians

As a swede I'm not sure if I want an independent finland (you lads deserve it) or more clay. But give back åland

We were asians the whole time. Finno ugric roots come from Both sides of the urals. First signs of humans here was 30 000 years ago.

Please borrow a TARDIS from your queen in UK and explain this to all the people in all of history and today who can't seem to remember that.

Sadly, blood cries out for blood. (Unless you're Japanese - then it just cries out for really disturbing cartoons.)

Winter war and Simo Häyhä are pretty cool finn bro.
IIRC Canada has the longest recorded sniper kill but still.... Simo Häyhä

Åland doesn't want to be part of sweden lad. You couldn't even defend from russians.

Lizzy is better than Justin

You gave us William Shatner! Be proud!

...Granted, you also gave us Justin Bieber.

What kind of sentiment does Quebecois hold towards our PM in your experience? I'm putting a lot of hope in them giving him the giant middle finger next election. Though your recent NDP infatuation was disheartening.

NZ history is pretty cool when you start looking into it. During the early 1800s there was tonnes of crazy inter-tribal warfare, and the wars between the British and Maori that followed actually resulted in lots of Maori successes. Also. the Treaty of Waitangi is one of the few times that native peoples managed to find some sort of agreement with colonists.

But after 1900 NZ history is pretty boring, yeah.

t. Murray

Moldova I suppose. About all they've got going for them is the civil war the Russians started in the 90s and teenage hackers extorting bitcoins from people.

Highest spirits consumption per capita.

yeah, but Moldova also takes it's heritage from the medieval Moldova, which has it's moments.

Seriously though read Children of the Mist by Elsdon Best then come back and say NZ has a boring history

Maori were fucking weird cunts

commonwealth countries generally have boring history.
I mean, what do anyone who doesnt live in Canada-Australia-NZ know of the history of such places?

French-English relations in Canada are always pretty exciting to talk about but that's just my opinion

>You gave us William Shatner! Be proud!
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482223042359.webm
One of those Canadians who's more American than most any American.

Kuwait.

>won a war against the United States
Wrong