Crypto strategy: Lil bit edition

So for many of us who don't have huge amounts to play with, it feels like getting into crypto isn't worth the effort. Personally I was only able to afford buying 5 ETH when it was at $83.

Now I wonder where can I go from here for SLOW but steady gains (instead of riskier pump & dumps) Would something like lending on Poloniex be worth it?

poloniex is sketch

use leverage on kraken, but be careful .

it can be lucrative tho

You can't you literally just can't.
When your capital is that low your only choice is to make 300% on something like DGB. ETH and BTC is a waste of time compared to everything else. Just make your selections carefully

So how then do you judge whether a coin is worth it or not? From the looks of just some of these threads it's mostly it's speculation.

1.Don't buy at ATHs, look for things that have been bouncing between values if you zoom out on the chart.
2.Buy towards the beginning of a pump and sell while its still within normal range for that coin. 3.Don't use any more than 1/5 of your trading stack at a time.
4.If the coin breaks down below the normal range suck it up and sell at a loss instead of bagholding.
5.Actually sell the coin, don't get greedy and carried away with visions of lambos from this shitcoin you were initially planning to sell for a 30% gain or whatever.
6.If you really can't help yourself from holding onto the coin at least sell 80% of it so you've realized some profit already.
7.Repeat 1-6.

Appreciate the advice! One question

>2.Buy towards the beginning of a pump and sell while its still within normal range for that coin.
I guess this here is the real linchpin to everything, and being newbie investor how can I tell when it's a pump as a trend vs just regular ups and down?

This is how i got to 1.2k in 3 days with $260 capital.

1.Gut feelings and very very careful analysis
2. Get lucky: Someone tipped me off about the RDD pump and basically doubled my money from 400 to 900 overnight
3. Join pump and dumps(risky af i know but worth it), When your capital is low you don't lose that much so i tend to just all in.

I'll see u on the moon faggot

Volume increasing is one of the better indicators.

>less than $1000
>SLOW but steady gains

Why?
Take risks.
Buy the small coins that are being hyped and sell the pumps. Lots of these shitty coins are going up 10x in value in a month. Split your money between a few and hope for the best.

If you're ready to stop playing the game now you've reached $1000 you should just leave the crypto world. Fucking pathetic and a complete waste of time.

$1000 is literally fuck all money even if you're poor.

Timing the market is tricky, is it worth to hold on to these coins like you would with stocks?

Any good places to see live minute-by-minute changes? Bittrex charts seem a little slow and ideally I'd like to see something in real time.

Kind of curious about this as well. I wonder how many of you are holding coins for the long haul.

>taking biz advice daily from shitcoin shills and investing when they say

You're going to be rich in no time, buddy

So then is buy & hold the way to go?

I started with $500, you just have to get lucky one time. I put it all into RDD at the very bottom and got out right near the peak. Now I have enough to actually spread my investments.

It sucks but you will have to follow a huge pump/dump to get the capital you need to start actually holding and making a lot off of this.

Depends what you've invested in, not going to share my golden ticket crypto with you unfortunately

I'd definitely say NEM/XEM is worth an investment at the moment though

And as far as wallets, right now I bought my coints off of Coinbase, I've been able to move a few buck off into my Jaxx wallet (eventually I'll get a Ledger Nano S) but does it make sense to put it in a wallet for security and then move it to an exchange or do you think that will get it chewed up too much by fee's and there for it's better just to move it into the exchange directly?

I kind of agree with this.
You need decent money ($10k) to make good cash on ETH & BTC.

With pocket change, your only hope is rolling dice on pumps and icos.

I don't usually recommend coins because being a shill feels dirty but...PEPECASH.

>not going to share my golden ticket crypto with you unfortunately
what if you share it with me privately?

>rolling dice on pumps and icos
Bummer because I don't mind working on trying to build slow steady money. I don't think I have the eyes/hands for p&d's just yet

You can also use 2.5x leverage on Polo or other exchanges and trade in and out to make quick gains.
You have to read technicals well, but with a small deposit it's possible to build it up quickly.

>leverage
That's something I need to do a little more research on, lest I pick the wrong thing fuck everything up and end up owing more money than I can afford. I'm like a lot of people just starting to enter this game, basic job still paying off student loans. I'm not expecting to try to make $XXX,XXX my first go around but just to get the basics down enough to make steady progress. I've started reading Investopedia, but I wonder how different cryptos are to stocks and if those skils translate over well or if its a completely different ball park.

I started out with 390€. I'm up to 1800€ a month later. I make 610€a month at my shit job. So you can imagine this is a lot for me.
Slowly grow it and your gains will improve, you'll also learn it steadily as opposed to jumping in with huge amounts.

That's what I'm hoping. My goal is to start putting just $100 a month into this, but I would like to work on a strategy that would return me something like $105, in order to reinvest the profits.