What do you think of Mormons, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of Mormons, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU
youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Book_of_Mormon#Historical_accuracy
usarmyofthewest.org/Articles/MormonBattalionInYumaCounty.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=w_9QVraitjY
thespectrum.com/story/news/2016/10/27/hearings-wrap-short-creek-policing-land-conflict/92866716/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mormons, more like morons haha.

rude

The only religious group that I quite honestly hate.

but why user?

What about Jehova's witnesses?

They creep me out, but hate is a bit overmuch.

It's fascinating to me as an example of a (relatively) modern religion based on what was essentially a cult of personality that actually took off. It's crazy enough to be distinct from another Christian sect.

Boggles my mind how people actually fall for it, though. Not only does it have the usual tough buy-in of any religion it has the added issue of Joseph Smith actually being relatively recent and pretty obviously self-interested.

You must be a very limited and creatively bankrupt, dead inside man, if you only hate one religion.
Get some passion, lad! There is much to live for, and much to hate out there!

Creepy and fake.

youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU
youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

Is this accurate/made by Mormons? Because the narrator seems to have a bit of a sardonic intonation when he talks about this stuff. I'd believe it was made as anti-Mormon psa

The bigger problem is that be a Mormon you need to deny history, linguistics, genetics, and archaeology when it comes to Pre-Columbian America.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Book_of_Mormon#Historical_accuracy

>Joseph Smith actually being relatively recent and pretty obviously self-interested.
Joseph Smith really thought that he was a prophet though. He claimed to have visions since he was pretty young

>This video was made by Jeremiah Films (www.jeremiahfilms.com)
Ah, so it is biased. That's not too fair to the Mormons, however undoubtedly odd the Mormon belief system is.

Polytheist heretics

fun fact:
the NSA CIA FBI and other tentacles of the U.S. gov actively groom and recruit young mormans strait from the church from very young ages. this is done because of the idealism and staunch beliefs that they hold. they dont ask questions as to why, or is that constitutional etc.If the pres okays it and god says to do it,thats more than good for them. They are most always immune to rebellious tendencies against who they hold in authority. The perfect g men. And this is all done with complete cooperation from their church.
kinda explains why they can do what they do, unscathed as it were.
their ensignia is a purple or red upside down triangle. you might see these on militarty type uniforms

They're wackjobs, but nice. They're nice wackjobs.

Mormonism isn't a Christian sect any more than Islam is.

I admire their commitment to learn the language of whatever hole they are sent in, had two girls knocking my door last week.
As far as religions go everything goes for me as long as the members aren't loud or welfare queens. Plus Steel Ball Run was fun.

Ridiculous but no more so than any other religion, it just lacks the age to be deemed credible.

Very nice people, but they can stay in Utah.

Could have been so much more

Smith appears to have been trying to integrate bits of the Western Mystery Tradition (qabalah, astrology etc.) into Christianity, and did it to some degree, but when he died his followers knew nothing about that, and just took everythin at face value, so here we are

>Smith appears to have been trying to integrate bits of the Western Mystery Tradition (qabalah, astrology etc.) into Christianity, and did it to some degree, but when he died his followers knew nothing about that, and just took everythin at face value
rip

This I've got nothing against them, they are usually polite (albeit some can be either pushy or aspie) but this is a catholic nation.

true that, ive researched the mormons for quite some time now and THIS

Brigham had no clue what Joes end game was and was one of a few patriarchs kicking around town but he was loud mouthed enough to commandeer the bulk of the flock.

I have a friend who is certain that Joseph was working for the federal government, they saw him as a worth confidence artist and set him loose, the idea being to start establishing infrastructure in our recently acquired western territories. They couldn't pay people enough to head west before the gold rushes, it was just seen as wild frontier with savages and bears.

Joseph Smith isnt a prophet in the way the mormons think, he was a prophet of western expansion. Get people to fear love/god enough and they'll walk any way you tell them. I understand they were at odds with the fed but i look at it like a CIA coup. Instead of planting a politician in a run down country they planted a healthy strong profitable leader before a run down people, the early pioneers.

to expand upon this.. the guy was smart. He didnt actually believe he transcribed Hieroglyphics he just knew no one could call him out on it so it was a safe lie. Like most of his lies.

the night the tablets revealed to him or whatever he held a black wedding legitimately out of the occult. Black horse, black carriage, black gown. All in the dead of winter. Pretty badass.

Anyway, this wild child probably did let his ego distort his project after feeling betrayed and targeted by Illinois and Missourians and the rest of America really.

Mormonism is the greatest ruse of all time.

The US?

Honestly, I know absolutely nothing about Mormonism.
Fill me in?

to those who ask for proof of this conspiracy he was a freemason.

there fore he collaborated with other freemasons of other faiths AKA other Atheist swindlers (businessmen, politicians etc) Thats what they do. Its a business fraternity.

My thought is that Mormonism is a freemasonry subsidiary that turned rogue as freemasonry "fell out of influence" (probably a self imposed ghosting)

So the severing of ties was clean, with Joseph Smith dead and Brigham Young at the reigns of an incredible enterprise.. all the while not really knowing what the fuck his goal was, he ended up having to lead drunken pioneers and got pretty fucking dogmatic.

People say he was exacting Josephs will but all of the " no drinking, no smoking" etc came out of a period of time when dudes were trying to control their little western colony.

Pretty cool stuff. I love Mormons and am considering joining but im not of a strong mormon house so theres no point, they'd just hound me for my paycheck.

You'd join mormonism after you're pretty sure it's all a hoax?

Admittedly the extent of my Mormon knowledge is from Dating Mormon girls (i love them)

reading under the banner of heaven

in a band w an jack mo

and attending services(once while on shrooms) I was lucky enough to catch the President of the Park City flock deliver a chilling message about whats next.
usarmyofthewest.org/Articles/MormonBattalionInYumaCounty.pdf

also this^ Mormon battalions LITERALLY laid the trains and telegraph lines across the west.

The whole thing was evised to establish infrastructure in a wild territory.

I have also been to Colorado city to photograph for an article about Warren Jeffs trial, who is largely unrelated to all this stuff but i got to see some serious shit. They are currently burrowing into the back of the buttes that make up Zion for their doomsday shelter.

Since my experiences documenting them i've done quite a bit of research, unfortunately there is no Unbiased discussion happening about the mormons, its villification, love or "they're nice".

Theres an incredible story here

Also the federal government just deposed the corrupt police forces of short creek. like a week ago. Look it up.

they play a lot of MTG for whatever reason

Im a capitalist

I dont want to purport to be an insider, just an enthusiast.

thats why SLC is geek central, they can only partake in joys that are free of sin. Movies, and games are allowed.

Back east i remeber seeing comic book stores go under again and again all around but in SLC game stores share blocks

Just another time honored private American institution, like dupont or cocacola

nope

Except for the "no drinking/smoking" etc came out in 1833 when Smith was still alive. Mormons didn't start massing west til I think like 1846 or some shit?

Source: I am an ex-Mormon.

wrong. Drinking was banned when they were in Utah under Brigham.

Joseph discouraged "strong drnk" but openly drank wine and beer himself.

"A strict ban of all alcohol in Joseph Smith's time would have been a death sentence for many Latter-day Saints—especially during the 1832–1833 cholera pandemic, which spread its disease by water."

It's full of spic retard brown people.

"On Sunday, after meeting, going through the gallery which had been occupied by those claiming, no doubt, to be gentlemen, and perhaps, brethren, you might have supposed that cattle had been standing around there and dropping their nuisances. Here and there were great quids of tobacco, and places a foot or two feet square smeared with tobacco juice. I wish the door-keepers, when, in the future, they observe any persons besmearing the seats and floor in this way to request them to leave the house; and, if they refuse and will not stop spitting about and besmearing their neighbors, just take them and lead them out carefully and kindly. It is an imposition for those claiming to be gentlemen to spit tobacco juice for ladies to draw their clothes through and besmear them, or to leave their dirt in the house. We request all addicted to this practice, to omit it while in this house. Elders of Israel, if you must chew tobacco, omit it while in meeting, and when you leave, you can take a double portion, if you wish to. [2]"

Brigham Young,1870

Clearly still pretty lax about tobacco here. Joseph Smith was a Cigar man if i remember correctly,

The Words of Wisdom did not become "law" until Brigham needed to straighten things out with the drunkard elders

so fucking dumb
youtube.com/watch?v=w_9QVraitjY

wtf i love joseph smith now

thespectrum.com/story/news/2016/10/27/hearings-wrap-short-creek-policing-land-conflict/92866716/

this stuff?

when you think about it

christianity is a lot like mormonism for judaism

Source ?

It's literally islam for white people.

>no alcohol
>polygamy
>weirdo prophet who was mysteriously visited by an angel who revealed additional scriptures to him, while claiming a lot of the existing doctrines got corrupted
>political structure and governance is just as important as personal religious beliefs
>huge emphasis on family structures
>autistic, almost nonsensical religious rituals
>marriage continues after death

They don't commit terrorism, though.

They used to

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

Yes they did.

In Missouri they were incredibly aggressive. Orrin Porter Rockwell actually tried to kill Governer Boggs after they were evicted from Missouri.. for what you ask?

"open and avowed defiance of the laws, and of having made war upon the people of this State .... the Mormons must be treated as enemies, and must be exterminated or driven from the State if necessary for the public peace—their outrages are beyond all description."

Yea, the guy was pretty militant probably but the Mormons WERE criminals. Joseph Smith ordered the destruction of one of the only printing presses west of the mississppi because they printed stuff that didnt show the Mormons in a v good light. (That'll happen when youre known for seducing incredibly young women)This is a young America that is proud of its free press btw, the people were furious Joseph would openly assault not only an expensive and sophisticated piece of equipment but the main source for the word of the land for these people who had just been given independence and freedom just a couple generations before.

the FLDS to this day have huge compounds littered from Canada to Mexico, i actually figure if theres an infrastructure collapse ill have to bend the knee to some Joe Smith cult or another.

So in these massive compounds they breed, subjugate, marry, and rape girls as young as 13. In the middle of the desert, stockpiling guns and talking about religion all day. literally burrowing caves for hide outs and supply storage into the walls of the Zion Buttes...

to this fucking day... in a 1st world country...

sound like anyone you know? ahem.. Taliban...

It's a peculiar faith. I don't mind them, though; I don't really give a shit about peoples' religions and all the Mormons I've met have been nice. They baptize the dead, and have baptized Anne Frank. It's well-meaning, but admittedly quite problematic. By the way, y'all ever heard of the Granite Mountain Records Vault? Yeah, it's owned by the LDS Church. The Church in fact owns many means by which to examine the DNA of large parts of the population. I've heard that even ancestry.com is involved. They also own significant portions of Las Vegas. It's a very rich church. Starting a religion seems to be a great way to make money, because the top brass of the Mormons are swimming in it.

>What do you think of Mormons, Veeky Forums?

I think Mormons may be a bit overly strict about their religion but otherwise, they’re cool and if they still did the polygamy thing, (outside of a handful of orthodox types) I’d consider joining up.

Years back, I was cutting the lawn when two guys dressed in white button-down shirt and black ties rode up on their bikes and explained that they were Mormons and serving as missionaries for two years.

I told them I wasn’t into religion but I thought it was cool that the Mormon church is compiling all kinda ancestry records and the guys were surprised I knew about that and we shot the breeze for a while.

I offed them a Coke just to see if I could catch them off-guard (Mormons aren’t allowed to consume caffeine) and they politely declined and we wished each other well and they rode off on their bikes.

Good thread.

My stepdad keeps pic related stuffed away in a box. They both have his name gilded into the cover.

He's not a Mormon; in fact I'd say he's come to hate their religion with a passion. Once called them "satanic occult-obsessed con artists."

But at one point in his life he was apparently being groomed to become a Bishop, hence the books.

Never read either books beyond the first title page, myself. Not really into religion. According to him, the additional texts (Book of Mormon, Doctrine&Covenants, and Pearls of Grace) are more recruiting tools than actual "scripture."

>Pearl of Great Price*

Anyway, I have no idea if their edition of the bible is any different than the "normal" KJV. Haven't read either.

there is a church of Mormons which is being built near Paris. It feels like going back to middle age. retards, like most religious.

You've already accepted American culture. You may as well accept American hokey religions too.

It's actually a lot more simple. Good mormons don't drink or do drugs, so they have a lot less skeletons in their closet when it comes to the background investigation.

You're over reaching.

they can certainly drink Coke

>they don't ask questions as to why, or is that constitutional

The Mormons LITERALLY consider the US Constitution to be sacred. No joke, it's a sacred, holy document. You're talking out of your ass.

>Apologists offer varying views on these anachronisms, typically countering them in one of two ways. One claim is that archaeological evidence may exist that has not yet been found. Another is that Joseph Smith used English words in a generic way, sometimes referring to an item other than that which the direct English word would imply.

Wow, the Mormon internet defense Force really did a number on this page.

Yea, im surprised how heavily the church is able to influence anything on wikipedia about them

Islam doesnt have that luxury

No, the Church has always seen their will as more important than Americas. America did them some solids and the enterprising nature of Americas start up stoked Joseph up immensely. As a result they loosely regard the Declaration and Constitution as what they call "divinely inspired" they are also intrinsic in many industries and therefore have political influence not to mention a sizable population so they have to play ball... BUT

I just told you above how they destroyed a printing press because they didnt like what it was being used to print. This a direct assault on freedom of speech and freedom of press. A direct affront to the first Amendment.

until 1978, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had a policy which prevented men of black African descent from being ordained to the church. How is this at all compatible with "all men are created equal"

I could go on and on with all the wildly unconstitutional and dictatorial shit they do but they maintain this to save face and keep ties between themselves and the fed. If you think it means anything as far as how they operate you're dead fucking wrong.

So you stop talking out of your ass because you read a thing that said Joseph Smith regards them as sacred documents. He said a lot of bullshit. They are self interested.

I have heard this as well, my buddy flew drones in Afghanistan and had a Mormon in their crew but the Mormon constantly got in trouble for weird shit. On a few occasions they caught the Mormon in the offices of their superiors going through shit.