Do Christians on Veeky Forums support witch burning?

Do Christians on Veeky Forums support witch burning?
Why/Why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!FAw30ZSR!ZJFP-yHXBl69HGY2aLRb-DIDzwZSvcq13n78qD_JDF0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Horseman's_Word
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I thought witches were real I would, but no I don't.

>ywf you realise that witch hysteria is significantly more of a renaissance/early modern phenomenon than medieval
>yfw people became MORE superstitious as time went on

>Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Exodus 22:18

no because i selectively believe and/or disbelieve the parts of the bible that i want to out of intellectual cowardice

then why does bible mention them?
Is it a metaphor?

Catholic Here

We primarily burned real threats like Protestants or Heretics.

There was a slight Witch Craze in response to Protestant Witch hunts, but it passed.

>This confuses the Whiggist

>tfw you will never question the catholic church; consequentially, bringing chaos to Yurope

Because the Bible was written by people who didn't understand things well.

Also, Science is just magic that works, so we should really be burning them alive

We didn't stop burning witches out of pity for the witches.

We stopped burning witches because we believed they no longer existed.

Thank you for admitting to your vile organization's genocidal attempts to eliminate all Christians (and Jews).

>Being a fundamentalist
Have you ever played telephone? Shit gets distorted with each incarnation, not to mention it was written to appeal to the people of specific time periods (depending on which part of the bible we're talking about) ab libbing flair was effective for expanding the ideology.

sounds like heresy to me

The True faith will prosper, infidels

So if the bible isn't infallible, why not rewrite it then?

The cool thing about being a practicing reconstructive witch in America?
>I have the first and second amendments too :^)

Because continually rewriting it just distorts it more. The version we have is the best we can hope for.

God has not willed it

Witches aren't real.

K.

So if I go off in a cave and write down my fever delusio- I mean "divine revelation" like your apostolic fathers of yore, would you or any other Christian even follow it?

What I'm asking is, how do you even separate out what's actually God and what's just noise even if he did will a biblical rewrite?

reading comprehension, just learn to synthesize the morals and circumstances surrounding different situations like you would for a novel. It helps to discuss it with experts and others in general.

>Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
This. The inspired, infallible word of God is pretty clear on the subject.

I personally consider witches to be the medieval equivalent of blue-haired fat feminists (muh goddess) that should be burned even today.

Hope you're ready for a shootout, friendo.

If it's already distorted with lots of obvious errors, bogus and fantasy, how do you know what's real and what's not?

It's all real.

It will hit you one day.

It's all real.

>medieval

hereEssentially though, it is impossible to fully comprehend what God wants from us by the nature of us being Human so you just try your best to emulate the people who have been graced by God but you also have to understand the situation they were in. For example Joshua killed a fuckton of people but it was a situation where the continuation of his religion and people were in crisis and it was basically the only way. Whereas in everyday situation murder is explicitly forbidden. People look to religion for simple answers to moral dilemmas but the truth is that religion just gives reinforcement to common sense morality.

Yup

>Jesus came and made a new covenant so we can ignore the old testament stuff about mixing fabrics and avoiding pork
>except the witch stuff, gotta keep burning dem witches

He wrote a book for us to learn what He wants. Your acting like He isnt all powerful

Oh wow your right

No, I'm acting like Humans aren't all powerful. Which is exactly what Genesis tells us. In fact God is so powerful that there is no hope for any physical being in comprehending the whole of his intentions.

Your opinion is not based on fact. Watch James White vs Bart Ehrman debate.

>Do Christians on Veeky Forums support witch burning?
Yes
>Why?
Because evil must be purged

If you read the bible His intentions are clear

It's ok, your bones will make wonderful additions to my ritual tools.

Only heretics and pagans believe in witches, user.

Was the physical bible written by humans? yes, so there is human error in it. It's necessary for people to say it is infallible because the only reasons the lowest form of believers even pay attention is because they think it's literal. There's already other precedence for Christian traditions adapting to absorb new believers (holidays mainly), i don't see how the more eccentric parts of the Bible couldn't have been adapted to get the interest and support of people who they wanted to convert.

It is not up to man to judge other humans, only God. Heresy is a problem between God and that individual not between that individual and the state acting in God's name. I cannot trust a human who is inherently flawed to pass such judgement and act in the Divine's name. So no, I do not support burning witches.

>all these larpers pretending to believe in witchcraft

That's what I'm saying herewhat I was talking about here is just that we can't comprehend everything as we are due to God being an infinite being. It's impossible with our physical limitations. I agree that we can understand what he wants us to understand though. God's all knowing and he knows how to communicate what he wants.

Or God told his people he would not allow witches to live among them in the promised land.

You people act like witches are a figment of someone's imagination.

If you want to see someone who is actually evil, you don't have far to go.

>pretending

this guy is literally LARPing. I don't mean he thinks he's a witch, I mean he's knowingly pretending for fun. You're are being baited for shits and giggles.

>If you want to see someone who is actually evil, you don't have far to go. (You)
>implying drinking blood, semen, and menstrual fluid with wine from a human skull is evil
>implying playing a trumpet made from a human femur in the graveyard at midnight to appease and comfort hungry ghosts is evil

>he's knowingly pretending for fun.
If that's the case why did I buy the telismatic artifacts of the Original Quadriga of the Cultus Sabbati in the form of the original ritual typescripts covered with Andrew Chumbley and Helen Oliver's blood so I could scrape it off along with dirt from the Essex countryside, and sand from near where Crowley performed the Enochian workings in Algeria as an offering to the Hungry and Ravenous Moth of the Dragon Azhdeha's Vessel (which I have to burn tomorrow in a massive ritual in the woods)?

>Moth
>Mouth

>implying drinking blood, semen, and menstrual fluid with wine from a human skull is evil
I hope you are serious you absolute madman. i demand pics.

I see you're new here.

There's a point when you're playing at being a satan worshiper where it becomes a reality.

I actually looked up the crucified toad one you mentioned last time. Sorry to say the whole thing just came off as increadibly try hard and ripped straight out of a D&D supplement. A very well made, high production standards one, but a D&D supplement al the same.

What do you think the wine, kukri, skull cup and TOWEL were for?

>why did I buy the telismatic these silly D&D artifacts and snake oils?
Because you're an idiot.

>crucified toad one
Crowley's method of extracting a Servitor of Mars from the body of a toad or ONE: The Grimoire of the Golden Toad, and if you only read ONE, why did you not read Leaper Between which is the entire academic history of the rite?

What forum did you find all of these pictures? lol

"LOOK AT ME I BOUGHT A BUNCH OF SHIT FROM THE ANTIQUE STORE LMAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BONES HUMAN SKELTON SO SKURRY XDDDDDDDDD"

fucking blogposting attention whore kill yourself

The Golden Toad one. Because that's the one you told me to read. How will reading further material not make what I've already read appear to be anything more than a deliberately overly complex and edgy fantasy prop?

>How will reading further material not make what I've already read appear to be anything more than a deliberately overly complex and edgy fantasy prop?
I dunno, the historical basis:
>The toad ritual is first reported by the Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder in his encyclopaedic Naturalis Historia, although it presumably represents a folk practice that had been extant for some time. Chumbley documents the spread of this ritual within magickal literature, dependant first on Pliny’s pivotal and well regarded work, and then, in turn, influenced by its appearance in the much later but equally pivotal Books of Occult Philosophy by the German occultist Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa. As with the account in Pliny’s work, the presence of the toad ritual in the books of Agrippa may have compounded an existing and extant folk practice, rather than introducing it whole cloth to local workers of magick.

>In chapter three, Chumbley notes a marked change in the use of the toad ritual some time during the late 18th or early 19th century, where the procedure was increasingly used specifically as a method of magickal initiation. This change is particularly seen in East Anglian cunning-craft, but as Chumbley documents, is found in other accounts of solitary initiation into witchcraft. In this iteration of the ritual, the finding of the toadbone can cause the Devil to appear, in some cases competing for possession of the charm, and in the process, he confers on the potential witch their powers. The use of the ritual appears to have given rise to a sub-categorisation within the roles of witchcraft, with practitioners being known as Toad Witches or Toad Men. Chumbley concludes with a consideration of the intersection between the toad ritual and equine themed secret societies such as the Horseman’s Word.

My ritual room.

Does he provide sources for all that?

A good chunk of my tools were ordered from Tibet and Africa.

Well the Pliny and Agrippa sources should be self evident, but:
mega.nz/#!FAw30ZSR!ZJFP-yHXBl69HGY2aLRb-DIDzwZSvcq13n78qD_JDF0

Why did you write heretics twice?

>Horseman’s Word
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Horseman's_Word
Membership of the society required an initiation ceremony, during which Horsemen read passages from the Bible backwards, and the secrets included Masonic-style oaths, gestures, passwords and handshakes. Like the similar societies of the Miller's Word and the Toadmen, they were believed to have practiced witchcraft. In East Anglia, horsemen with these powers were sometimes called Horse Witches.

A toadman or toad-man is someone, in the folklore of The Fens of East Anglia and Lincolnshire, who has made a deal with the devil which gives them control over horses. Stories of toadmen seem to have been prevalent in the region during the inter-war period of 1918 to 1938.

The initiation ceremony, with certain regional variations, involved the initiate catching a male toad, hanging it from a thorn bush or pegging it to an anthill until its bones had been picked clean, and then carrying the bones on their person until dried. The bones were then thrown into a running stream on a full moon at midnight and all except one would be swept downstream. The remaining small fork-shaped bone when recovered would, through unspecified means, grant its holder psychic control over horses.

Codd, Daniel (2010), "Supernatural Evil: Necromancers, Wisemen and Toad-men", Mysterious Cambridgeshire, JMD Media,
James, Maureen (2014), "Of the Fens and Farming: Elijah's Ghost (A Tale of a Toadman)", Cambridgeshire Folk Tales, History Press,

Not even Arians and the Orthodox deserve to be lumped in with Prods

Wow, that is actually significantly better sourced and cited than I was expecting. I will have to give it all another read through.

Yes whats wrong with burning up workers of Satan?

Why would you not burn witches ?

>Chumbley died working on a PhD in the History of Religion
>expects his spooky weird East Anglican Toade Grammary not to be VERY well cited

I mean, he coulda put it all in one book, but yeah.

Yeah because we killed them all

burning witches is africa-tier

>protestants
luckly the Catholic church only burned heretics.

>Because the Bible was written by people who didn't understand things well.

The devil is real, and witches are just devil worshippers.

>Nigger religions

>93
Hail Satan!

No because they aren't really witches.
If they were selling poisons or performing abortions, then yes, it would be justified.

>If they were selling poisons
Wanna taste my Zombi powder user?
I promise I won't bury you alive before forcing you to claw your way out of your own shallow grave in a deliriant induced psychotic break.

'Cause you're a fucking weirdo autist creep.

I know there is the Witch of Endor in the bible,

but doesn't the book of Job literally mean that magic cannot be real?

"Boy of red lips, pale face, and golden hair,
Of dreamy eyes of love, and finger-tips
Rosy with youth, too fervid and too fair,
Boy of red lips.
How the fond ruby rapier glides and slips
'Twixt the white hills thou spreadest for me there;
How my red mouth immortal honey sips
From thy ripe kisses, and sucks nectar rare
When each the shrine of God Priapus clips
In hot mouth passionate more than man may bear,
Boy of red lips!"

~ Aleister Crowley

>David Icke influenced this woman to flip shit about a ritual in which grown adults assume the officer role of "child".
Do you enjoy bearing false witness?

"Her breasts itch with lust of Incest. She hath given Her two-year bastard boy to Her lewd lover's whim of sodomy, hath taught him speech and act, things infinitely abhorred, with Her own beastly carcass. She hath tongued Her five-month girl, and asked its father to deflower it."

~ Aleister Crowley

>Rose never had a son
>Had begun training the White Cat as a magickal childe five months prior

He's speaking of a coke fueled orgy with disciples.

No. Only heretics do that.

gonna need a timestamp on this shit user for most of us to believe you own all of this shit

Gimmie a sec.

You're an absolute, historically illiterate, idiot.

"O honey boy! Bring me Thy cool limbs hither! Let us sit awhile in the orchard, until the sun go down! Let us feast on the cool grass! Bring wine, ye slaves, that the cheeks of my boy may flush red."

~ Aleister Crowley

Christian pacifism.

So no.

Witches are "real".
There are people who claim to practice witchcraft, hence they are witches, but they have no power.

40 - 50k in like 400 years across 7 countries aint bad. The mussies accomplish that in like 5 years MAX. Plus most of those pagans were rapist degenerate viKANGS.

Almost there.

Last chance to see the Vessel, too. Gotta take it out and immolate it tomorrow.

So just to clarify, are you a Thelemite? Or do you not choose a label? Just want to clarify because this is extremely interesting, I've never met any people into "occult" practices. I've always been really into esoteric and Hermetic stuff

>Thelemite
Yes, among many other labels for nondualism.

Most of these are items for Chumbley's Cutlus Sabbati or for Tantra.

Gimmie a sec and I'll break it all down.

Only if it is a fair trial under American law

It doesn't fucking matter if they're real or not. The only time you need to worry is if they are hurting someone. Stop talking bulllshit.

Witchcraft is an anthropological term referring to negative energies created by a malevolent individual and causing bad things to happen within a society. In Jesus land's case, it refers to a hag who dislikes society in some manner and is privy to ANCIENT MAGICKS.

Pretty similar things are done in latin-American cultures, where witchcraft is the result of some asshole putting a flower down in the soil. The flower is said to seep out negative spiritual energies, causing a plague.