If you were 99 years old, nearing death and somehow had access to a nuclear button - would you push it?

If you were 99 years old, nearing death and somehow had access to a nuclear button - would you push it?

Yeah why not

No, because I generally like the world more than I'd like an irradiated wasteland and expect to leave behind family and friends who I'd like to have good lives after I'm gone.

Seriously, are you just being an #edgemaster or is there a fucking point to this question?

Immediately and without hesitation. My only regret would be that I had to wait until I was 99.

Only if I can aim it at OP.

If I can aim it at the United States

If I can aim it at Israel

I'd press it now

Yes. I would aim it at Jerusalem.

get off Veeky Forums..
go away

Why would I press a button full of radiation? Seems pointless.

I'd hit Mecca and Beijing. Maybe Mexico City too.

setting off nuclear weapons doesn't necessarily result in Nuclear holocaust. What the fuck would Mexico do if you hit them with one? Probably take it like the take donkey dicks in Tijuana.

I'd put it over Mecca or Istanbul

Yes.

Can I choose the target?

No.

Underrated post

No. Muh legacy. Muh human ideal.
I would do it if my state were about to be erased due to an economic, military or cultural conflict though.

i'd gladly blow up all major american cities and see the hilarity that would ensues

Well then what's the point? Nuclear warfare isn't interesting if it's not the end of the world, it's just miserable.
I mean nuclear holocaust is even more miserable but at least it's dramatic and the aftermath could be of interest to far-future historians.