Should people who offer to work over the weekend without any compensation be considered traitors to workers' rights?

Should people who offer to work over the weekend without any compensation be considered traitors to workers' rights?

You can work at home in secret all you like, but don't attack the rights of those around you by publicly announcing it. All you're doing is disassociating the idea of pay for work.

>Wut

Do I need to dumb it down for you?

Yes please actually thanks m8

>doing an activity of my own free will
>attacking the rights of those around me

>>>/leftypol/

Boss offers employee#1 money to work
employee#2 offers to do that work for free
Work has now been devalued for both employees

They should be publicly humiliated for being the brown nosed cucks they are.

Why would you ever work for free? Are you some kind of faggot?

>working with Pajeets

Boss #2 offers to pay more than nothing. One employee leaves. A market has been created, everybody is paid fairly.

Not sure why people do this. It really just ruins it for everyone else, with no gain other than a "thanks for kissing my ass, now be my slave".

It's usually done out of desperation.
It's the people who have families who'll starve if they lose that job, who are looking for that medicine money, or simply because life outside of work doesn't offer them anything, so they at least hope to get something more out of it.

But yeah, it's retarded. You're demeaning yourself and devaluing your own work, opening the road for it to be normalized.
Just look at countries where this slippery slope went completely out of control like Japan, where staying overtime "for the company's sake" is such a standard that if you leave on time people are going to think you're an asshole and get you fired.

At my work we just have to hit 40 hours a week, so if I have to work in the weekend, that's less time I have to work later on. So fuck, I don't mind doing some work in the weekend once in a while, if it's for a good reason.

Yes desu

Of course, it's always the pajeets, at my workplace anyway

>tfw work at Amazon
>VTO (voluntary time off) is given away like candy
>productivity increases exponentially because people fucking hate working and want to leave early even if they earn less

Amazon has learned what works, they give you so much time off and options and give away time off as a reward for working over 100% productivity. They also get to pay less out as a bonus since people won't be doing any unnecessary work.

I can't believe other companies haven't figured this shit out yet, and this is why Amazon is growing like crazy and others aren't.

A lot of companies want to have employees 'on call' for a full 8 hours I would assume

I don't give a fuck about your rights. I probably would never do that, but if I did I would and there isn't shit you can do about it, fag.

And that's fucking bullshit in quite a few companies, especially those in the software industry.

yeah but you work at amazon with the polish and the indians

Suck a dick commie faggot. Getting paid to work is a privilege. If I can get someone to work for free I sure as hell won't be complaining. Just more profit for me.

On the other hand of the slope, you have France, with workers striking every time they damn please and competent people who want to work forced to leave their spot to lazy asses.

Take a vacation for two weeks, spend one week in Paris and one week in Tokyo. Then decide which system is superior for society as a whole.