Is Allah the same God as the ones from Judaism and Christianity?

Is Allah the same God as the ones from Judaism and Christianity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad
youtube.com/watch?v=RAm_mrFTeVs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_heresies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes and no
nothing and everything

Yes

t. Mohammed Abdul al Kwaziri

Is Batman from The Dark Knight the same character as Batman from the Adam West show?

Pretty much yea

No, he is a God of hate and the God of the Jews is the God of love. We must protect Israel from that demonic religion.

No. You don't go from 'the children of Israel are the chosen people' and 'do unto others' to 'the Jews are cursed and will be wiped out in the end times, where even bushes and rocks will cry out that there is a Jew behind them' and 'beat your wife with a rod if she won't fuck you.'

Plus Mo never worked any miracles in the Abrahamic tradition -- just talked a good game and raped a lot of women and raided a lot of caravans and killed a lot of people. He was more like ISIS than most modern Muslims, and his book is a fascist cult manual. It's bad code.

Same god, diffrent fanfiction
t. jew

No

The Christian God is a Trinity, Islam directly opposes that

Jesus is a person within the Trinity, Islam says he was only a really cool prophet

And so on

It's like asking if the Hindu concept of everything being a facet of a single greater divinity (which I'm not sure is even a universally accepted concept in Hinduism) means that Jesus is the God of Hinduism as well- technically he would be, but because Hinduism expressly rejects Christian concepts of the Trinity being the one and only God this means that Hinduism in fact does not accept Jesus as God in the Christian sense.

Yes. Or rather, the two later ones claim so anyway.

You're whitewashing the Bible.

>Plus Mo never worked any miracles in the Abrahamic tradition
lolwut
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad

Muhammad won a bunch of unlikely military victories and the times he lost people assumed Allah was trying to teach them a lesson, so for the Arabs he did have miraculous victories

Given that Judaism expressly rejects the idea that Jesus is the messiah and that he is also God as well as the idea of the Trinity I would again refer you to this post Islam has more theologically in common with Judaism, except when you remember that Judaism requires a person to be a Jew in order to be chosen by God while Islam says you have to be a Muslim at which point you have to ask if it is the same God since each faith claims a separate contract with him that supercedes the other faith's contract and damns nonbelievers to getting fucked when God gets around to it

In order to say "yeah dude same God" you'd basically be saying Judaism is a bunch of bullshit and that you've spent your life as a Jew pointlessly

That isn't a theory, Christianity and Islam have totally conflicting claims on what we refer to as the "Abrahamic God". The Christian God would make no sense in Islam and to say they're the same God essentially implies that some kind of truce or unity between faiths can be found- that theologically you can have a "Council of Baghdad" attended by rabbis and bishops and imams and they can all hammer out the differences and become one singular Abrahamic/Yahwist religion. It is possible for different sects of Judaism, Christianity or Islam to come to terms with each other but it is not possible for the three religions to unify because theologically they are completely opposed to each other and their conceptions of God and his promises are completely different.

Arabic Christians worship Allah, don't they?

Yes but with a goatee like evil spock

Allah is the Arabic word for God though, it is related to the Hebrew word "El". Theologically Arabic Christians believe Jesus is God, Arabic Muslims do not. And Arabic Jews believe they have a right to Israel over the other two groups and consider themselves the direct descendants of the ancient Hebrews.

Jesus Christ this thread.

Yes OP, Allah is the same God as the ones from Judaism and Christianity. They all share the same tradition and stories if you go back far enough. Allah literally just means "The God" (implying there are no others) in Arabic. Just like Dios is God in Spanish, they all describe the same concept. It's simply a matter of semantics and what language you're speaking.

This makes non-Muslims uncomfortable so they respond with ignorant statements like, well just read some of the other comments.

This.

Yes.
Yes.

>/pol/xians

I argue with my Aunt about this every time she brings it up to me. She claims that they're all terrorists that worship a false God and that we should kill them before they kill us. I tell her that goes against Jesus's teachings just to be a smartass and then she tells me to use common sense.

Obviously they differ in their interpretations of the nature of God.

I am an English speaking Muslim and I prefer to use that term rather than Allah, since Arabic is not my language.

Israel's god was El
Judah's god was YHWH (the demiurge)
Islam's god is Baal
Cucked Christianity also worships YHWH (the demiurge), but real Christianity only worships Jesus and the Monad

They share the same origin and mythos, being derivative of the God of Abraham.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are three different perspectives of the same story.

What's sad is that the Quran basically has a line very much along the same line as turn the other cheek and god will be the judge.

It's a shame wahhabism had to ruin everything

youtube.com/watch?v=RAm_mrFTeVs

youre knowledge of Semitic history is elementary

thats such a naive statement

I've tried explaining this to her, but she legitimately fell for /pol/ shitposts on fake news sites.

yeah wahhabism is the problem and not the orthopraxy of sunnis ur right f a m

go to bed ahmed

God of jews: maybe
God of christians: no

I mean jhwh could have been pissed that the jews didn't conquer shit and that christianity was spreading

To the second point: john 8 44
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Christianity represents a God split into three, how can you claim a unifying 'monad' with such a religion?

The Koran's message is so pure, reiterating over and over again God is one, no sects, do not divide into sects, God is one.

No. Jesus isn't God in islam and judaism, how stupid can you be?

Literally, yes.

Allah should be translated into English as capital G "God," but because that meant that Victorian Orientalists would lose their special snowflakiness we're stuck with the shitty fansub.

"the Father" in Christianity is the same as Allah or Yahweh in Islam and Judaism, respectively. Jews and Muslims treat the Holy Spirit as something used by God, not "one of his segments of being," so to speak. They also don't equate Jesus with God.

So it could be said, 33.33%.

Christians in muslim countries refer to their God as "Allah"

No.

Muslims worship a Bedouin moon demon that is a persona of Satan.

Jews worship Satan directly.

Nobody invited Gnostics. Go home.

>Christianity represents a God split into three
That's a heresy. Sabellianism.

>how can you claim a unifying 'monad' with such a religion?
That's a heresy. Modalism.

>The Koran's message is so pure, reiterating over and over again God is one
That's a heresy. Arianism.

The Church declared all of these heresies anathema centuries or millennia ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_heresies

lol ahmed go blow up a twin tower lol

It's pretty clear cut. Islamic God is not a part of any trinity, and Jesus was not a prophet in their canon. This whole thing is a dumb meme for fedora athiests to "own" Christians with. Doesn't hold up to basic scrutiny.

t. athiest

This

Jesus is a prophet in Islamic canon. Just not THE prophet.

And its not a dumb meme to hold against Christians or anybody else. It's basic understanding of the Abrahamic religions.

Top zozzle my dude

Who do mean with "el"?
El elyon?

heresy!

El was the original chief deity of the semitic pantheon until YHWH defeated him in battle by having his kingdom of Judah defeating the kingdom of Israel (Kingdom of El) in war.

>mfw Trinityfags

Yes to Judaism, no to Christianity. Neither Islam nor Judaism has the concept of the Trinity.

10>3

>Muhssaih fags btfo

>Islam has more theologically in common with Judaism,

Yup. Both think they worship God. Neither do.

Nope.

Life tip: Not everyone who says they are X are actually X.

>Yes OP, Allah is the same God as the ones from Judaism and Christianity.

Nope.

>Christianity represents a God split into three

Not even close.

It's not about "God". It's about Jesus.

Judaism: Jesus is not God, was not the Messiah.
Islam: Jesus is not God, did not die, did not rise from the dead.

As Jesus said, if you have the Son, you have the Father also. And if you do not have the Son, neither do you have the Father.

Christians: Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the Living God, and the Creator of the universe who died for the sins of mankind and rose from the dead on the third day.

Nope.

Allah is Hubal, the Ba'al of the Moabites.

>semitic pantheon

Demon god of the canaanites, with sons Ba'al and Molech, and daughter Asheroth. Demons all.

Not YHWH, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Yeah bro, it's also the same God as Buddha and Hinduism too. What if we're like, all the same dude. Hey, pass the blunt, man.

"Yahweh"
One important note that is often overlooked is the mention of Yahweh in verse 18 of the Mesha inscription. It appears that king Mesha knew about the Israleite God Yahweh and says he took "the vessels of Yahweh and presented them before the face of Chemosh" his god.

"Chemosh"
Chemosh, the national deity of Moab, is mentioned throughout the Mesha Stele inscription. In the Bible Chemosh is mentioned in (Num. 21:29; Judg. 11:24; 1 Kin. 11:7,33; 2 Kin. 23:13; Jer. 48:7,13,46). The great King Solomon was led astray by taking Moabite princesses for his harem (1 Kings 11:1-8) and erecting near Jerusalem a shrine dedicated to Chemosh.

The god whom the Moabites believed protected their nation was Chemosh:

"Chemosh was an ancient West Semitic deity, revered by the Moabites as their supreme god. Little is known about Chemosh; although King Solomon of Israel built a sanctuary to him east of Jerusalem (1 Kings 11:7), the shrine was later abolished by King Josiah (2 Kings 23:13). The goddess Astarte was probably the cult partner of Chemosh."

Chemosh is the Lord or Ba'al of the Moabites. So says the Moabite Stone, or Meshe Stele.

>The One in Judaism is the God of Abraham
>The Father in Christianity is the God of Abraham
>The Supreme, The Compassionate, in Islam is the God of Abraham

Most of the talk in this thread is claiming that other Hebrew worlds other than YHWH are referring to other gods, despite how Judaism has a taboo against using God's name.

Face it, Abrahamic religions embrace the tales of Abraham, Moses, and The Prophets. They worship the same god.

If knowledge of the spiritual really saves you, Gnostic, then why are you posting to a Mongolian Throat Singing Forum? Next thing you'll be telling people that The God of the Old Testament is different from The God in the New Testament.

Demonstrably untrue, as posted above. Read the thread next time.

Helpful hint: It's all about Jesus, as "God" is just a title and many people have different candidates for the title.

The islamic candidate is the devil himself. And the Jews have not had a relationship with the one true living God in over 2400 years.

>Nope.

Is that "Nope" supposed to mean that Arabic Christians are not, in fact, Christians, based entirely on the fact that they speak Arabic and therefore refer to God in their language as "Allah" the same way an English-speaking Christian refers to "God" or a Spanish christian refers to "Dios"?

Mohammad claimed himself as the seal of the prophets, meaning he embraces the truth of the other prophets and presented a new covenant

Christ represented a new universal covenant, and embraced Jewish law

>Jews need The Temple in order to worship
I'll take Rabbinic Tradition for 400, Alex

>The islamic candidate is the devil himself
I wasn't aware that what Yazidis are accused of is actually orthodox Islamic faith. Makes you wonder why the Yazidis were persecuted.

Hey, user, how many natures does/did Jesus have? Just a casual question.

You are right. A rose is a rose by any other name.

>The Christian God is a Trinity, Islam directly opposes that

>Being ignorant of the ALI-allah-muhammad trinity

They're different interpretations/fanfiction of the same character.

Well if I remember correctly. Muslims say they believe he same god that christians and jews believe and christians say that they believe the same god jews believe so I guess the answer is yes.