Is there a historical reason as to why Russians are so weird? Have they always been like this?

Is there a historical reason as to why Russians are so weird? Have they always been like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
youtube.com/watch?v=rmQwpKn-36s
youtube.com/watch?v=h2cs8QLnxlU&t=36s
youtube.com/watch?v=ExXDxpBFFR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're posting this now, odds are they live on the exact opposite side of the planet from you.

This is true, but I feel like a kindred spirit to them.

Russia is what happens when you take the 7 layers of irony mindset into real life.

After all that shit they just don't care anymore.

Probably stems from living in a place that is brutally cold, and having 9 months of winter stuck inside with not a whole lot to amuse one's self.

Danes, Swedes, and Finn's are also pretty fucking weird too, same with upper midwesterners, Northern New Englanders, Canadians ect.

Slavs are the mightiest race

they're asians in white body

They just can't be bothered to give a shit anymore.

How'd he heal the boy, Veeky Forums?

He said Russians not Slavs.

Nah, not weird. They're pretty much white people, if white people lived in run down third world countries.

I have no idea why would you think that.

Throughout Russia's history it has had to dealt with the reoccurring theme of east vs west, or a quest to realize it's true identity. Even today Russia isn't accepted as either west (central/west Europe/America) or east (orient, islam, far east). It has created its own unique culture and history that we see today

Why are Russian hillbillies so weird?
Just as weird as any other hillbillies.

Mongols raped them so hard they got mind broken

Communism is one hell of a drug

Non-Russian are the weird ones.

any lewds?

Not really sure. That's Julia Vins.

Yeah, the culture of increasing HIV-rates, alcoholism and kleptocracy . I mean I am half Russian myself and proud of it but today's Russia is a huge fucking mess and the fact that the population is happy with being exploited by Oligarchs (that rather buy English football teams than invest in the country) makes me sick.

Basically, he banned the medicine, that worsened his condition. It wasn't known at his time and was a pretty lucky guess.

High centralization of power is core of all Russian problems and achievements.

>It has created its own unique culture and history that we see today

KEK, burgerline retarded.

You do realise Russia is bigger than "the west" combined. You should also realise that Russia, together with Bulgaria, Serbia, belongs to the one part slavic and with Romania and Greece also to the Orthodox Culture, which exists longer than what you percieve as the "western culture".

t. Dugin

Real Russia for the most parts died in 1917 and survived only in the rural parts in places like Kuban and ironically, Ukraine.

But urban "Russians" raised by single moms, crammed into their commieblock rabbit cages, striped of all their culture and reduced to heaps of bydlo - these are not real Russians at all, they're basically just LARPers trying to ape and identify with something that's been long dead. In this regard they're the same shit as American retards who roleplay as Germans just because their great-grandpappy came from Germany. Rootless, plastic trash.

>ctrl+f vodka
>no results

It wasn't a reason of russian weirdness, but most neccesarry and welcomed solution to it.

They were already full retard long before that though

They won here so it wasn't retarded, but insanely genius move.

It's not retarded, it just highlights the Russian mentality of not giving a single fuck about losses as long as the long term objective is achieved.

See also Zhukov who had no problem sacrificing tens of thousands of soldiers as long as he accomplished his military goals. Which is very unlike Americans who obsess over rescuing every single shitty soldier, often to their detriment.

Underrated post

1: ex-communist
2: slavic
3: poor
4: usually too cold outside
5: clinging to superpower status despite having an economy smaller than Italy's
6: continental isolation
7: oil wealth warped economy
8: corruption and organized crime

>upper midwesterners, canucks, and New Englanders are weird
Maybe to desert rats and sister fuckers

>See also Zhukov who had no problem sacrificing tens of thousands of soldiers as long as he accomplished his military goals. Which is very unlike Americans who obsess over rescuing every single shitty soldier, often to their detriment.
>Enemy of the Gates is real
>implying mothers want their sons and husbands dead

This frankly isn't true, user.

For hundreds of years ago the Russians chose to utterly devastate their own cultural capital Novgororod, leaving the Venice of northern Europe a minor provincial town while the Russians built their identity around a city mongols and tartars set up.

Alcoholism and boredom. It really depends on the region. Most of the weird shit you see are drunkards and teenagers doing stupid shit to impress girls and kill time.

Let me guess, Commie? Would say either New York or Cali.

Their minds have historically been gripped by mystical and superstitious beliefs as their leaders and national intelligentsia have lorded over them, traditionally viewing them as impossibly stupid and backwards, till the Bolsheviks came along. They also thought the Russians were impossibly stupid but redeemable until Stalin came along. And since, Stalin the state has been cracking the whip on them ever since. Pretty much all they have is weird art and unintelligible beliefs that don't offend the powers at be and don't disrupt order of the mob, with sudden outbursts like pussy quelled by the government and contained by pier pressure. They are the bastard stepchild of Europe. A child of the east, adopted by Europa, that will always be tormented because they haven't the will to cast away superstition, loathing and violence, in favor of human rights, enlightenment and peace.

God help those poor slav souls.

Jesus fuck, my post came out garbled...

*and ever since, the state has been cracking the whip on them
*sudden outbursts like pussy riot

>Julia Vins
Such a shame.

why do people mythologize russians as some weird martian people I don't get it

the Russian diaspora I interact with in NYC seem normal enough other than being especially into brand name bullshit and status symbols (but to be fair that is pretty much all immigrants)

I blame the cold war. Russia aren't really that strange, if you understand how it works.

It's not a myth. Most Russian émirgés will tell you that Russians are a very superstitious and backward people and traditionally under an authoritarian state and oppressive religion, whether Orthodox Christianity or communism, any form of expression had to be unintelligible and baffling to most people and thus incapable of offending.

most Russian emigres I've met have only a vague understanding of Russian history and only give a fuck about making money.

Wow, she was legitimately beautiful. And she chose a meme existence.

Well, they'll tell you or show you my assertion.

Also, these are no coincidence.

youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4

youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

>any form of expression had to be unintelligible and baffling to most people and thus incapable of offending
interesting, do you know any prominent examples

It's all about russian gills transplants, man
youtube.com/watch?v=rmQwpKn-36s

This classical movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=h2cs8QLnxlU&t=36s
youtube.com/watch?v=ExXDxpBFFR0

Nigga, i'm from Northern New England, and having lived all over the country, we're fucking wierdos.

Same with Minesotans, Wisconsinites, and Dakotans. The snow does something to our brains, man.

Good
Suffer

Xaxaxa. Why can't you Russians just let this man be gay?

I mean any form of expression that wasn't state approved or censored. There was plenty of great state approved art and censored art as well. It's the inbetween area where things start to get fucking weird.

>scorched earth policy
I wouldn't call an act of desperation smart either.
>Zhukov
Maybe if they treated their soldiers as more precious they could have had more quality over sheer quantity.

They're asiatic

If anyone ever got fucked in history, it has been the Russian people.

Yea, the Russians in that picture are so odd.

No one else on the planet burns large fires and enjoys some music as a group. What a bunch of goofballs!

Yea, those desert rats that make most of the hard drugs in the world and invent everything that's actually fucking weird.

Also, highest incidence of incestuous relationships takes place in the North East of the U.S., specifically New York state. But parade the memes, that's cool, too.

The thing is nobody gives a flying fuck about what mothers want. War is man's affair.

But Russians are predominately Slavic?

Clash of cultures, they probably consider you strange as well.

Mongols have rarely intermarried with subjugated people, especially if they're sedentary, their contact mainly revolved around calling in their vassal support in times of war and invoking annual tributes.

That's Yeltsin's Russia, although they've actively mitigating the blights that you've highlighted in the first part of your comment. Its also safe to say that everything remotely associated with Russia in the Western and Western-influenced media is heavily negative and distorted to support a fitting agenda.

The dissolution of Kievan Russia in the aftermath of Yaroslav's death is the best example of what happens when centralization losses its grip over the Russian society.

But he is right, Slavo-Orthodox culture predates its Western counterpart.

Moscow predates the arrival of the Mongols and Tatars, but admittedly, it was less important than Novgorod, Kiev and Vladimir.

Comparing the economy of a post-Soviet state with that of five hundred years old Capitalist societies? Also, economy isn't the only the thing that defines a world power or a super power.

Its called pragmatism, their environment shaped them to be like that.

>See also Zhukov who had no problem sacrificing tens of thousands of soldiers as long as he accomplished his military goals. Which is very unlike Americans who obsess over rescuing every single shitty soldier, often to their detriment.
Contrary to popular belief, Enemy at the Gates isn't offering a viable representation of the Eastern Front.

Because their civilization's survival was ultimately defined by militarism and the need to secure their borders through military methods, it has been like this since the Kulikovo, where the East Slavic sense of unity began to form.

What do they do that's weird?

I can guarantee that bulking up made her 100000% more desired though

When you say Russians, you mean the Slavs, just like when someone says Mexican and means Mestizo