I had my first revelation last night and I've realised God exists

I had my first revelation last night and I've realised God exists.

Help?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5PlFFCDhtYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

... and?

Praise Kek brother.

>Help?!
Are you offering or asking?!

Asking. Where do I go from here?

Are you sitting down?

Yes.

Where do you want to go?

youtube.com/watch?v=5PlFFCDhtYc

Hildegard is my historyfu

What's it like?

Anywhere

Sit up.

If I was still able to fully cry I would've.

I cried but no tears came, is what I'm trying to say.

I found God.

Epic, my r/Veeky Forums /b/rother!

>If I was still able to fully cry I would've.
Why?

but which god user?

Years of repressing tears I guess. I used to be a reddit-tier fatty 'hyper-masculine' worshipper who thought that crying was for girls.

The god of Abraham, God.

what led to it?

What exactly was your revelation? Some kind of mystical experience or just a sudden understanding and conviction?

I had my fourth revelation this week and I've realized that I need to track you down and devour your flesh.

Nothing. I was just laying in bed and it just happened. Divine intervention? Possibly.

I suddenly understood and realised he existed and has always existed.

well describe it, friend.

I honestly don't know what happened, tripsbro. It just came to me. It was like the day, or a couple days after some test that suddenly all the answers come to you. That's a a pretty poor description of what happened, but that's the only way I can think to explain it.

Well I am glad that you have found the lord. God bless you!

I don't think this is going to last.

Why not?

The entire foundation of your belief system is based on a flimsy epiphany.

Wait until you realize you're wrong because there's no way to probe that.

Which one?

Maybe he will stay a devoted Christian. His epiphanies sound similar to what Muhammed claimed to have gone through.

Be sure not to read anything about Eastern religions.

I'd suggest you start reading various texts from different mystics. It's hard to talk about this kind of thing unless the person your talking to is a mystic themselves. Since mystics are pretty rare, it's easier to find their writings.

Why not?

Could you give me a list of a couple of mystics to get started with, so I can go from there?

There is no god and your "revelation" was a delusion. If you think your revelation is proof explain how people of the numerous other, incompatible religions around the world get relevations and religious experiences too.

Holy... I want more!

Go to your local church.

It's difficult to say, as there are many traditions you could follow, even if you stayed in just the west. However, Paul, the Desert Fathers, Meister Eckhart, St. Hildegard of Bingen (the woman in OP's pic), St. John of the Cross, and C. S. Lewis are all excellent mystics from the Christian tradition.

I'd suggest reading Mere Christianity by Lewis, Orthodoxy (which is absolutely delightful and conversational) by G.K. Chesterton, Confessions by Augustine, and other first person accounts of how people came to faith (well, how smart people came to faith at least).

>What are good and evil angels, the post.
>What is God, the post.
>Why does this poster think he knows everything, the post.

Yeah, wouldn't want to be one of those dummies that just took God Himself at his word. Wouldn't want to read and do what Romans 10:9-10 says to do to be saved.

>What are good and evil angels, the post.
>I know that MY angelic revelation was from a good one!

How do you know that Gabriel is good and Hanuman is evil?

Most (all) religions out there worship God as an overlord and a strict emperor who we are subjects to and who we must please with sacrifice or acting in a certain way reciting certain things. The difference about Christianity, and I say Christianity, not judaism, not islam, not hinduism, not anything else, is that our God is our heavenly Father, and he lets us have a personal relationship with him, due to his perfect love for us. Though the old testament fits the archetype I described above, and all religions have cracked it, it was through the gift of Jesus that God has forgiven us and became our loving father. God- is a personal God. There is no grand temple for him, there is no sacrificial lamb, there is no catholic priest to please, and you do not have to fight for God's love and bring down all other competitors to receive it- we have all received God's grace, and it is up to you to accept it, and act morally out of your own spiritual knowledge of good and evil, and not to please authorities, so to speak.

And many many people have felt this personal, bonded, love and relationship with God that defies all human-made rituals and organised religions. That is why Christianity is not like any other religion, and the euphoria of God's grace cannot be mistaken for one of the old faceless religions.

Which god is it?! Tell us user. If this post is trips then the trinity is actually Moloch just as the story of Abraham attempting to sacrifice Isaac suggests.

>the trinity is actually Moloch just as the story of Abraham attempting to sacrifice Isaac suggests.

what