A wizard appears before you and tells you that he can transport you back in time to live in any time period you want...

A wizard appears before you and tells you that he can transport you back in time to live in any time period you want. This cannot be undone and there is no way to return to the future or go to any other time period. You will be given the equivalent social class and wealth of whatever you have right now. You cannot use your knowledge of the future to get any advantage or change the course of history.

Would you do it?

My very existence in a place and time I historically wasn't changes history.

So fuck off with your faggoty faggot nonsensical limitations.

Also back to 1990 and I invest in apple and google and Verizon when they come out. Also bet on trump to win.

Assuming I can also change location? Hell yea I'd do that. Where to start?

>1950s and 60s NYC, become professional jazz musician alongside the greats like Davis, Coltrane, Mingus, Monk, et al in NYC nightclubs

>early 19th Century Britain, goal of being officer in the navy, aim is to be captain of a warship and experience "Brittania Rules the Waves" and fight silly continentals

>Renaissance Malta, chill with the Hospitallers, fight off kebab corsair slaver raids to protect Christendom even though the Crusade ideal is way past its prime

>1890s Japan, experience the Meiji Restoration while also seeing the more traditional aspects of Japanese society that remained

I'd like to think that my life would be brief but glorious.

I'd like to think my life would be a short

I can't remember, What's his name ?

This is Shel Silverstein

So if I'm understanding your post right I wouldn't be allowed to use my knowledge of the future to make myself rich or at least upper middle class via bets and/or the stock market, correct?

If so, then as a person who is lower middle class/borderline poor.. absolutely not. There's a lot of things I dislike about this era but, at least I have the internet & therefore have a wealth of entertainment possibilities available to me.

Imagine being poor and 'having nothing to do' in the 1950's. Jesus christ. Imagine being poor and 'having nothing to do' in the 1850's!! Fuck me no

>that guy that takes hypotheticals way too seriously

It's a fucking wizard, he can do whatever he wants.

He can't fix a contradiction in OP's shitty hypothetical.

>implying he can't

Yes, that is exactly what I implied

Good job, you got it.

Ancient Ronan Republic just because it's cool. I'd probably be a craftsmans son or something and that's not too bad. I could join the Legion and gain glory. I could also instead start lighting fires around the city become a community organizer for a "volunteer" fire department. My fire department would then go around working and only putting out fires after we have been paid. Maybe even start and insurance company or some shit so I can stop actually fire fighting. Idk I'd need money but that always seemed like a way to wealth.

Basically you want to be Crassus?

1950s America. American pride is at an all time high. Morality is the norm. A working class man can support a family and own a home on his income alone. Cars are starting to become badass. Music is starting to become badass.

Yes. I think I might be able to do it without massive initial funds though. I feel I could play the role of a good citizen that cares about the community. Then I become Crassus.

Go with a 'separate timelines' idea. The timeline we all live in won't be impacted by your actions, but the time line you're taken to is.

What's the deal with timelines in /pol/? They're always talking about that shit

Than plan is nice but really dangerous, an arsonist was executed in a very gruesome way

>can't spend all day fapping to doujins

Shit year, would not travel to.

Dan "hold her tighter, she's a fighter" Schneider.

Dan "Get the fuck in the van" Schneider

This

Once the novelty of living in another time period wore off, you'd come to fucking hate it, especially if you were made to keep the same socioeconomic class. You'd keep everything about your existence that was shitty and make evertything else a giant hassle.

The only right answer is to go back to a recent year where you can invest in companies like Apple, Walmart, and Amazon and make yourself wealthy.

I'd go back to 1972, the year of my birth.

HE

Dan "the man with the plan to lick her clam" Schneider

Who is that man in the picture?

He looks like a friendly guy, the sort of dude I'd let babysit my niece.

Definitely but you don't really get these kinds of opportunities in the Modern Era. Plus if it was even moderately successful I could start letting the bribes roll out and eventually the insurance company would be able to stand on its own without continuing to burn houses ans businesses.

And fullfil your pedohilia with yourself?