Bitcoin and Altcoin success stories

/nocoiner/ here

Are people actually making money from buying cryptocurrencies? If so, has it translated into you netting a higher income and therefore making money for yourself? Has your life changed at all? I wanna know

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ytDamqTjPwg
cryptobizcentral.com/
coursera.org
ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes they are, but only people who plunged all their net worth into cryptos and managed to not sell any of their coins got moderately rich, by no means is it a life changing amount though

and by the way, people who managed to do that were destined to become rich sooner or later anyway, it just so happened that cryptos accelerated the process a little

Some people do day-trading here, so it's not like it's strictly passive

I look at some of the gain threads and i see people making $5,000 in 24 hours.

with some of my recent gains I have bought something nice for my gf as it was long overdue

don't forget that in trading if you can gain that amount of a money a day, you can also lose it. This is not passive income

I've made 12k usd from an initial 1k usd investment in march. Just buy the safe coins and never sell even if it immediately dips. Soon have enough to pay my student loan...

Started on 1k
Now on 70k in a few months.

Ty based Ripple and STR.

I wish I was joking, feels like a dream

Invested 8k at the start of may
At 26k currently with most switched to ETH

If anything I'm more frugal now because every 5$ I'm about to spend I think of as 20$ by the 2018.

Are you taking money out? For me it wouldn't feel real if it doesn't mean I could exchange my way back into fiat and buy a 12" spicy italian

turned 20k into 250k since Trump election and missed some big opportunities (like I didn't believed in XRP)
not planning to change anything in my life, I want to snowball from this for the next 3 years then cash out to buy a house, no loans required

>12" spicy italian
good fucking taste

Nope I'm aiming for 100k next then probably 500k.
Baby steps. I take a little bit out to help out stuff, but I'm here to make it to the country club with my Veeky Forums anons in 5 years.
Im young so I can afford to handle the dips. Use it on post grad/more traditional investments once the markets crash.
Im prepared to lose it all though.
PREPARE TO LOSE EVERYTHING TO GAIN EVERYTHING.

20% gains in 3 days.
I love you, biz.

Only money makes money. If you enter with 3000 dollars you can make 60 bucks per trade, if you enter with 280 you make 60 cents

Started with $3400 2.5 weeks ago and now at almost $4800. Even with all of my noob mistakes over that time (and there were a lot) I'm still doing better than any other current market. I'm learning everyday, reading as much as I can, and not making as many mistakes as when I started out.

>Has your life changed at all?
If you count being happier over that time period then yes. Too early for me to say it changed my life completely. Having fun and making gains is enough for me to keep going.

>tfw too dumb for crypto

This sounds like a good thing yo get into but I feel like I'll be in over my head or I'll fuck up the taxes or something. Veeky Forums has convinced me I'm potentially missing out on something great. I don't really understand what ETH even does, just that it's a good tech that people are gonna go crazy for in the next few days and make the price rocket. Could I just buy some ETH and hold it until I make some serious gains?

No joke I'm up £3000 (75%) in a week.

This is mainly down to picking certain coins mentioned on here carefully and holding.

Just got into minereum for £800 hopefully that works out

Do NOT miss out because you are worried about fucking up taxes. Absolute worst case scenerio you ask an accountant to help you. Best case you just sell your coins locally and pay no taxes

I made $6000 while I slept last night. Sector is on fire.

>could I just buy ETH
Yeah, that's what I did. No one knows when this train stops.
I also don't know what ETH is. Even the guy promoting it on CNBC talked about it as a store of computing power.
Whatever it is, people and coporation want it, and most new coins are based around it.

I won't have to even do taxes on it until/if I cashed it out, correct?

You got this bro, I'm basically retarded and doubled my money in two weeks. I've made like 3-4 good trades and at least 20 bad ones. Now is the best time to learn since the bull market should make up for all but the biggest fuck ups.

how do I cash my coins for EUR when i want to quit crypto

Why do you think it is called a "meme dream"?

In reality it is only a nightmare and no one is getting out alive.

Think frogs in a boiling pot of water.

I invested about 3k back in early March. Currently sitting on a little under 7k worth of BTC ETH and DGB (none of it's real until I cash out or find a way to spend coins on real world services, of course).

Nothing life changing but it feels pretty good.

I just started doing it about a month ago. Bought 200 dollars of Etherium, it happened to skyrocket in price from 50.50 to 90+, did some trades after the boom and sold some bitcoin for cash to some of my buddies from work.
I've spent 400 dollars (bought $200 more btc this week after the small drop). I've received 300 dollars cash for 300 dollars in bitcoin. And I have 346 dollars in digital currencies floating around various wallets.
IT"S FREE MONEY!

I doubled my 700 euro over the last 10 days, this is very nice money for a student from eastern Europe like me.

i'm up only 20% in 6 days because i buy and sell on emotion.

what were some of biz's past PnD's so i can go back through the warsau archive and look at the charts? clearly i need to do my homework. the more the better

I bought ~1000 btc over a period of a year back in 2011 and it's done pretty well desu. It just shows that with a little hard work, even you can achieve success in crypto!

I started around midnight yesterday and I'm up 110%. Thank you MNE, thank you Veeky Forums.

another +70 euro since I wrote that post

i put in 10k and ive more than doubled it in less than 2 months. most of my "research" is just Veeky Forums memes and looking at charts

Crypto critics should factor in that not everywhere in the developed world has a cost of living/wages like Silicon Valley/NY.

In most western countries, make 30k via crypto (very achievable) and you've just made more than the average person does in a year of fulltime labour. Make 100k and you've earned more than 95% of people in a year. Make 1m and you've made more than most will in their entire lifetime.

I know we're all shooting for the moon, but very meagre returns (in the 10s of k's) are impressive by normal standards.

wtf why is everyone here broke jokes? i thought people here made money

t. invested 300k now on 1.9m

Three weeks ago I put 800 into litecoin at 21 and sold at 35. Gave me capital for ripple and doubled that. Now I'm in stellar lumens and that is going up.

3 days ago I said fuck it and threw .25 btc into alts. Now I'm sitting at .5
Vets, am I just getting lucky? As far as I can tell all you have to do is follow Veeky Forums hype and not get greedy

if you follow biz hype you might get PnD'd

Bull market. Don't forget, we've been through this before with Bitcoin before its value was decimated for years. Doesn't mean you can't make smart trades too though.

What this guy says.
I'm 3/4 of buying a house or a nice flat already, while all my friends don't even have 1/5 of what it could cost.
Spain, 24 years old.

u just dont do that

Put €64k into ether when it was relatively low price, it's now worth around €500k. I'm still holding because I'm sitting on around €100k fiat.

Yeah.

Depending on the amount you are talking about you might ask a professional about this. Most places you can get free or cheap advice. Don't fuck it up if its a lot, you can lose gains or do it wrong and pay too much tax

Got skilled bitbean and posw

Posw failed but bitbean makes up more than I could ever hope

PIVX was a great pump and dump. So was Dopecoin, so was ARK.

I'm in a similar position except started with $200 yesterday, now at $240. What are you reading/learning to improve?

Best way to learn is by doing faggot.

this shit's great, thanks.
i have this entire weekend to devote to studying anything that could've given these away before their pumps, and also look into similar ones that were duds.

this thread might die before this video ends, but something in the spirit of this is what i'm working towards: youtube.com/watch?v=ytDamqTjPwg
if i can help Veeky Forumsbros find them earlier, i'll be happy

if there's anything else i need to know as i start digging / putting together a system it'd be appreciated. or if you don't think i'll find anything of value

How would it be starting out buying 1 ETH then and holding on to it? I don't have time to do trading and crypto seems to have a low entry cost, which I like being a poor college student. All I want to do is sit on it, and perhaps purchase more if I liked my results.

I've made 232 in the last week.

To put that in perspective, I've almost doubled my money.

Lots of people are working with a lot more capital so yes, we're all making money

A few months ago I accepted a freelance job for $2,500 in bitcoins. I spent probably $2000 worth of goods with it but it kept increasing. I had $1,100 before I decided to start getting in on trading a week and a half ago. Now I'm up to about $9,000 thanks to XRP and other buy the rumor sell the news, a few scamcoin pump and dumps, and buy low sell high on established ones. I put in to MNE when it was 0.001 and now it's 0.003 and rising. I'm making hundreds and sometimes thousands a day just glancing over at charts and answering phone app notifications.

I did have some mistakes though:
>bought a couple hundred worth of ETH when it was $12, dropped to $9 for a long time. Sold it all away when it was $20.
>Bought 1 BTC worth of DGB when it was 117 sats, sold at 116 because I needed money for XRP. DGB rocket shipped minutes later from their minecraft announcement, I totally forgot about it. This triggered me making a calendar of announcements.
>Bought in to MNE at 0.001 BTC, and only a couple hundred.

wrong

only handful of lucky neets who invested in the "right" shitcoins very early on are the ones you are talking about.

I have a good day job, midwest, 80k+ and no debt, but it would be a few years because I could afford a down payment on a house easily because I am still young.

now I have 40k in eth and eth tokens after an initial investment of 10k, so now I'm 3-5 years ahead of saving up for a down payment. for being under 30 still, that's pretty life changing.

What do I need to buy and sell *coins? I have literally no idea where to start.

no, in the US you need to pay capital gains tax (treated as property) every time a coin is changed, so coin to coin transactions, cashing out, even buying a cup of coffee is a taxable event.

it's not as hard as it sounds. buy quicken premier (you can afford it now faggots) and just keep track of USD value for each coin on every transaction, enter it all into quicken and it will calculate all the tax shit for you. fucking easy.

i bought in and have made 30% on 1grand in about a month by just holding BTC, ETH, LTC

it just keeps going up, its behaving in the way older traders describe the tech bubble of the 90s. Even retards that didn't know what they were doing where getting rich then

cryptobizcentral.com/

this is the guide I'm ()
reading through, currently deciding if I wanna take the plunge

Only thing I'd be doing would be sitting on it, I don't have the time to day trade.

I wouldn't have to worry about taxes until a few years from now when I'm a millionaire from getting ETH early, right?

Unless you've sold some I wouldn't necessarily day you're ahead in a savings plan. ETH will collapse one day, it is fundamentally flawed and serves only as a ponzi.

I made over 60% gainz in 3 days. from $500 initial investment to $830 and rising. I know it isn't much, but it is huge to me. If this keeps up, I will have thousands by the time I ship to the Navy in a couple months. I love Veeky Forums

Is ETH a safe first time buy?

no, you need to start keeping track as soon as you buy it.

assuming you buy ETH with fiat, and not move it anywhere - you don't need to report it until it's sold or spent (to fiat or traded to another coin, or made a purchase). then you report the acquired date, cost basis, and net proceeds once it's sold.

so you need the buy date and cost per coin (in USD) right off the bat, then need to track of USD value when you sell it even if you aren't selling it to fiat.

Eth is only getting started. Their smart contracts system is being employed by many ENORMOUS corporations. Invest in the company, not the coin. Remember, buying a coin is akin to buying a share in a company. This is the reason that Eth and Ripple are miles ahead of shitcoins as far as market caps go. They actually HAVE a product. Ripple is purely focused on the banking sector and so will quadruple before the years end, they have a very strong team and have taken on some gril who left SWIFT to work for Ripple so that's gotta count for something. The only mystery in all of this is how someone can buy a coin without looking at wtf it actually DOES first. Buy whatever you like but ffs take 30 minutes to actually read their whitepaper first.

can you put up a copy of your calender broseph?

But coinbase or kraken or whatever will do most of that for me, correct? Or at least provide the info so I can record it somewhere?

please sell ripple until monday.

no they do not do anything like that for you. you need to keep your own personal records, and per the IRS you need to calculate USD values in a consistent manner. I use a custom database I built as a master record of my trades (I am a developer in finance), then export that into quicken which does all the tax shit for me. you would be able to just use quicken though and still be just fine.

Everything related to finance, investing, currency, Bitcoin, blockchain and other tech so I understand what I'm investing in. I wish I had taken more finance courses in college for my electives but there's a lot of resources and classes online to learn from. These sites are helpful:

coursera.org
khanacademy.org
ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
edx.org

quality post

Well done. Spain's a perfect example too.

There's near 50% unemployment under 30 there...make 20 or 30k through crypto and you're doing better than the majority in the country.

The concept of 'a moon' differs greatly everywhere.

I put in whatever hear-say I see on Veeky Forums and a few twitters. Research of course to make sure it's legit. I also put in meme triangle ETAs. I also found this: timesofethereum.com

Here's some stuff to look for:
22nd XRP test net gets a bunch of features.
23rd ZEN fork on bittrex
31st BAT crowdsale
Soon: Bronze Golem
Soon-ish: Polkadot, 0x

Not a bitcoin millionaire or anything like that, but I've made significant money at least. I was a poor student, but managed to find a nice way to make money in Diablo 3 without much effort and made $10k. I tried putting that money into stocks and made a bit doing that, but eventually I heard about Bitcoin when it was at about $150, so I put some money into it. Once I saw the price was starting to increase rapidly, I put everything in. I held a bit too long and ended up selling at about $700 after the bubble popped, took out my initial investment and kept the profits in crypto.

Now that crypto finally woke up again, I've been doing some trading with that money and I'm currently sitting on about $150k worth of coins.

Nene haz un grupo de wasap i vamos a ser rikos $$€€