Poloniex

Guys, I'm new to this, bought BTC over Coinbase, transferred to Poloniex to buy DGB there. Now I find this review site saying I'll never be able to get my money out of there again. Is it true?
cryptocompare.com/exchanges/poloniex/reviews

you seriously need to do research before you blow all your money.

B-but Poloniex was recommended in the Crypto general thread here on Veeky Forums
I trusted you guys!! REEEEEEEE

Should be fine getting it out of polo back to a fiat-btc exchange.

Getting your coins transferred back to fiat and into your bank account, well...

You mean Coinbase can't be trusted?

Also a /no-coiner/ planning on getting in sometime next week.

What do you mean you can't transfer btc back into fiat via your bank account? How the shit do you make legal tender then?

They get pissy with large amounts or constant withdrawals.

If you're in the UK prepare to get no money. All the major banks hate btc here to the point where they just close your account and refuse to accept the withdrawal payments

couldnt you just go through localbitcoins?

You'll be fine, Polo is struggling to keep up with rising demand vs making money.

They will not rob you. But I do recommend going to somewhere like Bittrex. Smaller but rising in popularity. The more people who migrate from Poloniex, the better the site will function.

A wire transfer of a large amount will do a similar thing to your bank account

>he doesn't know that once you become a coiner there is no going back

I suppose there's always loopholes around that like an offshorer

What about Leaf banks? I'm with RBC- are they slimey about bitcoins as well? Is this a reoccurring trend or is this just bongistan?

But some of you guys made huge gains. I saw screenshots of ppl with 500k USD worth of coins on some platform...
What's the point if you can't trade it all back to USD

Hahaha whatever.

If a bank blocked you from deposits/withdrawals they would never make any money.

They don't care what goes into the bank so long as you are using it, and not using it to launder money. Thats why exchanges use the KYC checks.

Stop talking shit bro.

I had a phone call and they asked me if it was me withdrawing to coinify and that was it.

Not sure about Canadian banks but I assume they might think along similar lines.

Yeah, from legitimate sources. If they even suspect money laundering it's in their best interests to close your account and blacklist you. Right now, btc dealings are shady for normies and large transactions raise alarm bells.

Even places like Santander, which support the ETH project in their business capacity, are ruthless when it comes to crypto customers.

I've never had any issues with withdrawing but I'm not from the UK.

All I can say is, I've never had an issue.

Local bitcoins seems like the best option then and perhaps funnel that to Skrill They support large amounts, and will reward you for transferring large amounts. If you transfer to Bank account they will believe it to be gambling winnings - although you won't have to transfer to the bank if you use Skrill.

Yes, poloniex is a scam.

Now fuck off kid, adults are making money here.

maybe these people hold for long term?
i mean its not like you cant buy shit with bitcoins either

Thing is, you can trade it all back.

500k seems a lot to us, but is it really? There are millionaires, billionaires, trillionaires.

You don't need to spend it all at once. A dude like that will transfer what he needs, when he needs it. If anyone ever asks, you simply say - yo, trader, make lots of money. I guess in the new world order country of Amurrica he also pays taxes on it as well.

This is just a result of mindset, that someone feels bad for having lots of money.

Don't worry about it. It's okay to be rich!!

Bumping for more info, I want to be sure that I have a way if pulling my money out of Bittrex and Coinbase

Has anyone had success with one of these visa crypto debit cards? I hear you can get one anonymously and have something like a 2$k daily limit worth of crypto to load on to it and use everywhere.

Polo is shit, use bittrex. 2nd highest volume is still an incredible amount of volume and you won't be fucked over by their daily "ddos attacks" and multiple day withdrawals. Also don't hold all your assets on the exchanges. If you're not using something then have it in a controlled, desktop wallet with the private keys encrypted and backed up in multiple places. Do not use BTC for this purpose because the transaction fees and delays are insane. I suggest ETH because it's increasing in value slowly and the fees are like $0.05.

I bought the bitpay one for $10 and it does work as a reloadable prepaid credit card, haven't tried using it at an ATM yet.

Interesting.. Isn't that BTC only though? I think it would be awesome if some company could come up with a debit card tied to a wallet that supports a variety of altcoins to be loaded and used everywhere for purchases anonymously.