There was literally nothing wrong with wanting Danzig back

There was literally nothing wrong with wanting Danzig back.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Westerplatte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_of_the_Polish_Post_Office_in_Danzig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was conversely nothing wrong with refusing to surrender the corridor.

>There was literally nothing wrong with wanting Danzig back.
Maybe you should pick up history book, you fucking retarded imbecile /pol/nigger.

Poland didn't own Danzig in that time, it was a free city. Poland even offered to cede entire Corridor to Germany but they refused.

tldr. Germans are autistic manchildren sperging out over bullshit and ruining this continent till there's nothing left.

It was, however, rather dumb to invade a guaranteed country.

That's fine. The problem comes in from starting a war to get it back when the local Nazi party was in complete control of the city government to the point that they were arresting the members of the other political parties with no opposition. The city was going to vote itself back into Germany peacefully within 5 years.

But of course Adolf The Autist just couldn't wait, so invading he did go.

Danzig wasn't part of Poland. It was an independent state, Freie Stadt Danzig, with its own administration and police force.
Since the June 1933 elections, this state had an NSDAP as president. So basically, Germany and Danzig were two state under Nazi rule.
Danzig also had a common border with East Prussia.

Hey, I'm a /pol/nigger and I don't believe stupid neonazi myth #notallpolfags

Good. As long as you acknowledge the "Danzig Massacre" is a NeoNazi fabrication as well.

I'll tell you a secret OP:

The whole Gdansk bussines was not about Gdansk.

>Gdansk
TRIGGERED

>"Danzig Massacre"
That always seemed so weird. The Germans themselves didn't exploit this supposed event for propaganda purposes, but it only appeared in recent WWII fringe discussion.

That's because Germans don't cry "MUH SIXX"

Well, consider a few factors that make it clear just how much of a lie that is.

>Danzig is free city, not part of Poland
>only Polish government in the entire city was the post office
>majority German population
>NDSAP was in complete control of the city government
>there was a goddamn German battleship sitting in Danzig harbor that had been pre-positioned to fire the first shots of WW1

The thing is germany had no way of entering Danzig besides by sea, and the german pop there couldn't leave because poland said so

??? It was one of their reasons to go to war with poland

I know its Gdańsk you pedantic Pshek, I am just lazy to google your silly arrows.

>Gdánsk
IT'S FUCKING DANZIG
REEEEEEEEEEEE

see please explain how Poland was able to massacre 80,000 Germans in a German-controlled city.

>A common theory for the etymology of the cities Gdańsk and Gdynia is that they are named after an older Polish and Kashubian name for the river, Gdania.

sry, the Slavonic name is the most correct one.

It's actually Ντάνζιγk
Ancient Greek colony
Gib

exactly as i said even if it was controlled by germany the polish still slaughtered the german population
also they asked poland to build a autobahn thorugh danzig and east prussia but poland refused

>exactly as i said even if it was controlled by germany the polish still slaughtered the german population

the poles didn't have any troops inside the city you dunderhead

>The thing is germany had no way of entering Danzig besides by sea

Really? They had a border with East Prussia to the East. There had to be rail or at least some roads there.
If you mean East Prussia+Danzig being separated from Germany proper, then that's just the geographical situation, like it was for many centuries when Prussia was indeed separate from the Empire.
Denmark has islands only accessible by sea, so it Gotland.

you people ruin this website.

Was this screenshot taken from Allied propaganda?

If not, why were the Nazis depicting themselves as the armies of Satan?

I don't, I usually post benign stuff and dislike the trolling.

this desu

They have border with East Prussia that was German at the time.
There was also sea connection because Danzing was a one of the biggest harbor in the Baltic.
They asked for extraterritorial road and rail through Polish corridor from Germany to Danzing and East Prussia.
Surprisingly there were rail running from early 20 that also was excluded from polish customs and searches as long as wagons were sealed.
Well Poles actually have military guard post in the city. German battleship bombarding it is used as start of the war. Whole 200 soldiers with one 75mm cannon vs 3400 German soldiers, 60 stukas and battleship.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Westerplatte
The only Danzing massacre that occurred was a Germans executing polish defenders of mail post.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_of_the_Polish_Post_Office_in_Danzig

Danzig & Austria would both be part of Germany today if Edgeler had never been """""elected"""""

Well yeah. but 200 reservists in a fort does not a Kurwa Einsatzgruppen make.

>poland refused to cede the corridor
totally wrong, even hitler wanted only to annex the free city and to have an exteritorial transport through Poland.

Poland would most likely give up the city at some point in the future (they constructed Gdynia nearby from scratch) but they wanted to do it on their own terms, because they anticipated

>Hitler fucking around with remaining polish minority
>Hitler getting rekt by the soviets in the long run with Poland taking most of the beating
>Hitler asking for Upper Silesia or some other border regions with large german population

Well, they were Polish terminators - a true Kurwa Einsatzgruppen.
They rampage through Danzing for 7 days(until their battery died off) fighting pussy Germans who can't kill them with air and battleship support even if they outnumber them 17 to one.
Each one of this Kurwa Terminators also execute 400 civilians using a lance(forgot mention that that was their main armament and they fight from horseback).
They almost sink the German battleship but horses can't gallop on the sea. Real shame.

yeah, the problem was when Germany demanded Poland hand over a chunk of their country to them (the polish corridor) and then started the bloodiest war in history over it

>Poland even offered to cede entire Corridor to Germany but they refused.

That's wrong. Hitler demanded a referendum in the corridor and this was refused by Poland.

The British guarantee to Poland also considered a possible annexation of Danzig by Germany to be a reason for war.