Why did god need to rest on the seventh day?

Why did god need to rest on the seventh day?

because he was tired, something that your neet ass wouldn't get

What if being omnipotent doesn't necessarily mean it's without effort?

To show the significance of a day of rest. Sunday is the holy day because God rested.

What if omnipotent being want to do something without effort? You say that God just can't do it?

building the universe is pretty tiring work okay

>And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

This doesn't indicate a need for rest, just that he rested because his work was done. Maybe he just decided to take a break, it's not like he's not allowed to.

God isn't actually all powerful. Just powerful enough to create world in seven days. More powerful divine being could do the same but billions times faster.

No..., that can't be it.

>Circular, the post

>rested ... from

Implies the rest is a consequence of the work IMO

The bible says God needed to rest?

Or that God rested, thus noting the completion of the Creation week and setting aside the seventh day as a day of rest for us?

And the seventh year as a year of rest for the land?

And the seventh millennium as a thousand years of rest?

And a thousand days is as a year to God?

No, for people who think they're smart, you people are remarkably ignorant, and arrogantly so.

Yes user, also a rock he himself can't lift etc.

You're at the lowest tier of theological debate.

Well, if someone took a rest from shitposting it doesn't necessarily mean they weren't able to shitpost all day, just that they'd rather stop for a bit.

>point out obvious logical flaw that never in history has been refuted
>ugh, you really are a pleb >_

I'm not a theist, it's just a tired debate and it doesn't make you clever.

I dunno, I can take a rest from typing, doesn't mean I was worn out, just means that I've stopped.

A level you aspire to become.

Because god gets tired from working.

His god muscles are filled with acid and needs to be flushed.

His god blood is out of god air so needs to breathe quickly again to pump those delicious god air inside his god lungs.

His god stomach is empty of god food.

His god brain has brain fatigue due to his god brain being overworked. Creating the universe is a hard job, why don't you try it?

His god

I get it, you really like the "checkmate theists" and feeling like you just blew the lid off the whole debate with your remarkable insight on omnipotence, but smarter people than you, Christian and non-Christian, have debated semantics.

It's a pretty fucking boring discussion anyway, but if you want to pretend you're insightful be my guest.

Because that's what happened in the atra hasis

Because they needed him to be human like, so the story is emotionally appealing and reflects the sort of things people are used to deal with.

> debated semantics
With every *God actually not omnipotent in an old sense of the word* step back, deity just becomes weaker and weaker. It isn't about checkmate for a theism but about how deity loss power with a new redifinitions of old word. To define means to create limits in our minds.

he got pretty drunk on saturday evening
during his hangover on sunday, Satan quickly burned the whole world down and built a new one, on which we now live.

See The fact of the matter is that the semantics of omnipotence have been debated for centuries, and it's mostly sophistry anyway. Not to mention the idea of the "rock he himself can't lift" is in practical terms completely irrelevant to an almighty being.

The argument has been discussed to death and both sides ultimately just deliver a semantic argument that comes down to whatever interpretation of a word you like, just like 90% of theological debate.

One sec, I'm writing a rock and roll concept album about this

> completely irrelevant to an almighty being
It isn't. If you believe that it is possible to do and that God want to do good for humans than there exist possibility that our God created even more powerful and even more good God. Especially, if he can be tired it would be pretty useful solution, to just outsource all of the job. Implications here and they matter in pratice, if you are ready to be seriously concerned with them.

Like I said, it's basically a useless debate and we're not going to break any new ground here that hasn't been argued extensively on either side, it's a 'pick your poison' scenario. I encourage you to read the screenshots I provided because it sums up the futility of having this argument.

I know how futile the entire debate is and circular nature of counter argumentation. But I believe the new meaningful interpretations can be created for nature of divine beings. To me it's not about some kind of debate, but about new ideas that are born.

1. God isn't necessarily all powerful
2. God isn't necessarily all good
3. Christians are full of crap and leap through insane semantic hoops in order to justify making black-and-white statements about God because the original translators of their bibles into Latin and Greek didn't understand Mosaic law or classical Hebrew properly and made only limited attempts to study the Talmud or other commentaries on the Tanakh, which has led to an incredible amount of misunderstanding about the nature of God.

t. Jew

Because the Demiurge can't pass the 7th gate

7 is the number of Gnosis

"Rest" means "Rule" in this context.

>need
implications

he was "resting" when eve convinced Adam to eat the fruit

He didn't know their sin until he found them in the garden naked and ashamed. Before that he was literally crying out for them asking them to appear, because omnipotence was never originally part of his MO, it's just to scare the good christian boys tb
So God does rest, and he isn't omnipotent, and he makes mistakes, and he succumbs to human flaws such as rage, a desire for revenge/justice, and finally a willingness to kill thousands as a result of said anger and desire for vengeance.

He is in no way perfect, he's constantly making mistakes and getting so angry about it that he wipes the board clean: see: Gomorrah, the great flood, the tower of babel, etc.

muh "it's all part of the plan" fags and muh "he was just giving then a chance to come clean!" fags are revisionist apologists with a confirmation bias.

Yes, God has to always act the way you allow him to, because you're in charge of what God can and cannot do, and when God asks questions it's because he does not know the answer.

t. Christian revisionist

see: that annoying capitalization

jesus im cringing at ur fedora right now m8

The 7th day is still going on. He's just chilling with popcorn, watching the show.
t. Zack Snyder

You mean like a Big Bang?

He wanted to see how things played out for a bit

>Zack Snyder
????????

This is correct. That's why Jesus is seated at the right hand of the father, not standing there, following his ascension.

I'm not revising one single thing.

You are capable of limiting yourself, but you think God is not.

You are capable of communicating with human beings, but you think God is not.

You think God could not find them in his garden, because you have a miniscule and unimaginative idea of what God actually is.

>you just can't understand

ah yes the age old Christian defense. If you can't actually logically make a point, then just go all existential and question the concept of logic in itself. Every time a Christian is presented with logic, they respond by denouncing logic and reason-a great start to an argument I must say, to completely disregard logic, very convenient-so that they can ignore all the logic that points to them being the fucking suckers that they are.

Outside of every church there should be a sign reading "Confirmation Bias: The Religion"
and the motto underneath: "if you can possibly contemplate an excuse for these contradictions, then that is the answer, no matter how convoluted and ridiculous the path to that excuse was"

You're a joke, you people always have been.