Is it true we couldn't have gone to the moon or won ww2 without black folks?

Is it true we couldn't have gone to the moon or won ww2 without black folks?

I wish blacks went to the moon, preferably all of them.

well the tuskegee airmen were a real unit who definitely contributed to the effort to win ww2

They contributed and were very helpful, but we're mostly replaceable. If they didn't do it, others would've stepped up for them.

Tuskegee Airmen were indeed a thing but the air war did eventually die down, we just like to focus on it while it was still a dramatic war of attrition, and not the latter bit when bomber crews flew so often and met their quotas so quickly they stopped giving their planes names or flying with waist gunners.

It's was American logistics and speed/breadth of supply that had a more major impact, and something blacks were often relegated to.

>without black folks
No. We could've gone to the moon and won WWII without black folks pretty easily, but they helped.

>P51 shooting down Me 262
doubt.jpg

We could have, but their stories are pretty cool.

I doubt the Tuskegee's did it. Chuck Yeager did, though.

>The first time I saw a jet, I shot it down.

Have you seen the movie? There way worse things that take place. For example, the scene where some guy manages to pull off a maneuver that would generate enough G forces to turn a man inside-out.

Prolly could have done it without them, but they still helped, just like ww2 would have had the same result with or without your ancestors

Do you really need us to think for you or are you being retarded on purpose

Wow did blacks really shoot down twin jet engine German aircraft in single prop fighters?

Did blacks really literally trample upon the NASA roundel?

The Harlem Hellfighters are truly the most overrated military regiment of WW1

>we couldn't have gone to the moon or won ww2 without black folks
No one ever claimed such, and

are all retarded for not telling OP how retarded he is

it's not that we couldn't have OP - this is an important distinction that too many people lose when trying to racebait or when they get buttmad about movies highlighting women/minorities/etc in the past. it's not about replacing history with an anachronistic depiction of multiculturalism, it's about shining a light on events that did happen (whether or not they were integral or necessary to winning the war or going to the moon) but weren't highlighted or talked about as much at the time because of cultural factors.

t. retard

because nobody genuinely believed he was claiming such

(shameless samefagging here)
also, movies like this serve two other purposes - seeing role models or high achievers in history helps to inspire young people of color/women/etc to achieve things in their own time. not that they are incapable of it otherwise, but hey if you never heard of a white male historian in your life you might think history was something for other people and not yourself, even if you did have an interest in it.

and for white folks, depictions of so-called model minorities help to serve as debiasing agents, reducing racial prejudices. while the effect is not as strong as actually meeting a real live black person who is a high achiever (or befriending such a person), it is still there.

>Is it true we couldn't have gone to the moon or won ww2 without black folks?
Where do those films claim this?

Wow racist much?

Isn't that everyone though?

Their contributions were minimal.
The Tuskegee Airmen in particular are vastly over-glorified; they had a lower K/D ratio than a standard AAF squadron, they only existed as an attempt to get a few more pilots for superfluous roles out of a shrinking pool of potential draftees, and the only reason the bomber pilots liked them was that they didn't wander.
I haven't seen 'Hidden Figures', so I can't really comment on it, but it looks from the poster you've given us like an hour and a half of "strong black women sassily securing all of the funding for NASA, solving complex engineering problems with down-home advice, and providing a clichè motivational speech at some point in the movie: the motion picture".