Alright, Veeky Forums. I've had it with this John Green meme...

Alright, Veeky Forums. I've had it with this John Green meme. Everyday I come to this slow moving board and everyday I see shitposting lambasting this man and his youtube history shows as ahistorical revisionist cuckery, but I NEVER see any evidence for it.

What is it that John Green has gotten wrong? Where in any of his HISOTRY shows, vlogs, or books has he ever perpetuated any historical myth or misconeption? And provide evidence! Don't just say he did something or that you heard from a friend of a friend--evidence,pls.

Best wishes, Not John Green.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrkWDCvxg
youtube.com/watch?v=szxPar0BcMo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q78COTwT7nE
youtube.com/watch?v=OCrxD19DHA8
youtube.com/watch?v=Wc5zUK2MKNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idk but my buddy said he terribly misrepresented Julius Caesar.

evidence

Well, what did he get wrong about history?

Fuck off, John.

Everything.

His Alexander the Great video is all anyone ever needs to see to get the gist of the problems with his Crash Course History series.

He dismisses often relevant evidence and events in favor of:

-DER THE MUSLIMS WERE GREAT
-DER THE BLACKS DID EVERYTHING
-WHITE PEOPLE HAVNT DONE ANYTHING GOOD

>Russia episode
>nearly every date is wrong
>says only the Mongols successfully invaded Russia despite several countries doing it successfully
He's a retarded hack

Got a link

>Holocaust / black slavery / any atrocity committed by whites
Truly one of the most heinous crimes in human history, nobody should ever, E-V-E-R joke about these things, it's no laughing matter. And you're a shit human being for not taking it seriously.

>Mongols / Ottomans / literally any non-white oppressors
lol look they built a pyramid made out of FUCKING SKULLS, isn't that awesome and badass? Totally metal! And this guy Genghis Khan slaughtered everyone who refused to become his subject, this guy sure didn't fuck around! Just awesome!

youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrkWDCvxg

Hi, are those direct quotes or just the John Green meme OP refers to?

Can't get past the first minute. He talks about kim Kardashian in a video about Alexander the great

I feel that this reflects a "progressive" view of history where people in later periods should know better than to commit immoral acts, when inhumanity and greed is nothing new and will exist long after all of our bones are dust.

He inserts his opinion into every single video and he makes it really blatant. I gave him a chance honestly but his video about the rise of conservatism as an ideology in the U.S. (something I've studied for quite some time) was so fucking wrong it was unreal. The whole video he pushes the big switch meme but doesn't recognize any facts about how the two major parties in the U.S. had barely any politicians switch sides. He also claims that the reason for the South switching to the Republicans in the 1968 election was because Nixon appealed to racism but he doesn't even mention the fact that the deep south went entirely to George Wallace in that election who was running in an independent party as a Dixiecrat.

He's an ideologue, nothing more.

I said evidence. What exactly in the Alexander the Great video is ahistroical or a misconception?

Please, /pol/historian. What ahistroical fact or misconception has he perpetuated about Muslims, blacks, whites, and show me where he said it. Don't just say he said it, point me to what is wrong and back it up with quotations. This isn't elementary school, unless you are in elementary school? Then, mods pls ban.

Quotations and evidence to counter his assertions please.

In the following video youtube.com/watch?v=szxPar0BcMo , John around 6:40 talks about the atrocities of the Mogols, commenting that they were so brutal that people would often surrender to them rather than be completely slaughtered. From 9:05 onwards he criticizes the Mogols even more.

He ironically lauds the Mongols as awesome, but is sober about the incredibly inhuman warriors they were. He doesn't somehow elevate the Mongols over the Nazis or Europeans who owned slaves.

In his crash course WWII video, he's fairly unbiased juxtaposing the deaths in the holocaust with the civilian deaths caused by Britain, Soviet Union, Japan, etc.

But aside from bias perceived bias, what ahistorical facts or popular misconceptions does he specifically perpetuate about the Holocaust, black slavery, mongols, ottomans, etc?

youtube.com/watch?v=OCrxD19DHA8

This is the video, but please point out specifically what is wrong and qoute him.

>He ironically lauds the Mongols as awesome
You don't see him do the same when it comes to nazis or British imperialists though.

>THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
What a completely unbiased person. He also claimed he was a Marxist during college studies so there's that.

Listen, the thread is about ahistorical facts and popular misconceptions, but so what if he doesn't laud the Nazis or British Imperialists? The Mongols are a meme that run through his series and people clearly understand his intentions. He focuses on the aspects of the Mongols that had the greatest impact on history and celebrates some good aspects which he believes are beneficial to modern civilization.

He also points out the good and the bad of German and British history. How much of a difference would it make for the quality of his work, if he were to make a running joke out of ironically celebrating the Nazis as awesome?

That's not a ahistorical fact or popular misconception. And being bias towards something doesn't necessarily mean your wrong either.

As far as being a Marxist, which I'm not sure where you got that, what does it matter for the topic of this thread? Peter Hitchens was a trotskyist and is now a conservative? Does that delegitimize Peter Hitchens?

>I'm not sure where you got that
His videos.

In this video he says the reason Japan attacked Pearl Harbor was to scare to U.S. from joining the war.

Also he is a cuck and so is his brother

>can't even circle the right guy even when he says that he's a farmer
fuck off john green

>mongols conquered russia
This is incorrect. The mongols subjugated the Kievan Rus and forced some of them into a tributary system, whilst only conquering some.
The Kievan Rus != Russia

Veeky Forums /pol/ btfo'ed.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wc5zUK2MKNY

Video is supposedly about vikings.
Ends up exclusively talking about NORSE adventurers instead.

Did not talk about
>anything which went on around the Baltic Sea
>the vikings from the east coast of Baltics after Scandinavian kingdoms were made Catholic
>"Land of Lake Cities"
>vikings before the "Viking Era"

And I suspect that if he talked about those things, he would have probably made the normie mistake of "viking == norse".

You lazy fuck.You want people to tell you the EXACT moment in his videos he gets dates, facts and other concepts wrong? Pathetic. People have obviously seen them, remember what he got wrong and are telling you. Instead of expecting them to REWATCH the videos watch it yourself.

He describes the Haitian Revolution as a noble, inspiring example of a slave uprising against exploitative system. He neglects to mention that, upon casting off French Rule, the revolutionaries proceeded to commit genocide against the white population.

>mistake of "viking == norse"
>makes a video about vikings
>doesn't talk about norse in general
>actually talks about vikings instead
Your post is all over the place, user.

It was to cripple the U.S response in the Pacific to Japan's expansion in addition as a total 'fuck you' for cutting off the Japanese Oil Supply when the USA was perfectly fine with selling it to them during their entire Manchurian Invasion and Polynesian conquests.

I would like him to tell us who the non norse vikings are

Literally the only good thing about this video is his entrance at the start. After the first couple of seconds it's nothing but pure trash.