Bavarian general thread

Why are bavarians = best Germans?

Because Hitler was a Bavarian.

Hitler was austrian and bavarians are the worst kind

Probably has something to do with not being a bunch of heretics

Bavaria is basically Austria.

Also, Bavaria is typically immune to German retardation. Note its Historic Catholic Majority

>Note its Historic Catholic Majority

This is not a positive.

it's not a negative either

Name three successful Catholic countries.

Spain
Italy
France

France, Poland, Austria

Brazil, Mexico, Poland

I said "successful".

historically austria and bavaria were seperate polities in competition with one another. bavaria always envied austria's hegemony over the HRE and only once succeeded in getting their own guy as emperor.

ok, Lebanon; the Philippines; and Nicaragua

They're more similar to one another culturally and linguistically than either are to the rest of Germany.

Two entities that occupy the same niche compete most fiercely

France, Belgium, Austria

France has a pretty good economy despite its unemployment and Muslim migrant situation being out of control.

As for Italy and Spain, well... their glory days are long behind them.

Poland has gotten BTFO in both WW2. Right now, all they are is a buffer state between Western Europe and Russia.

Ireland is doing good for now but once the US works out a repatriation scheme, that may all change. Also, Irish education and politics are horribly religious.

Austria has done alright for themselves.

>As for Italy and Spain, well... their glory days are long behind them.
>Poland has gotten BTFO in both WW2. Right now, all they are is a buffer state between Western Europe and Russia.
>Ireland is doing good for now but once the US works out a repatriation scheme, that may all change. Also, Irish education and politics are horribly religious.
While those countries all have their faults we are comparing them to every other country in the world not just first world countries. So despite those faults Italy, Spain, Poland, and Ireland are doing very well for themselves when the likes of Nepal, Somalia and Belize are being compared to them.

You could've been great, Poland.

Catholicism and Protestantism haven't been relevant in Europe for like 150 years...a measure of "success" shouldnt include modern conditions.

Tell that to this fucking queer

>Catholicism and Protestantism haven't been relevant in Europe for like 150 years
>doesn't know about the kulturkampf and its legacy on German politics into the twentieth century

also
>doesn't know how important the struggle between catholics and anti-clericals was to shaping the politics of France, Spain and Italy from the late 19th century onward.

i don't think this is a big enough question to warrant its own thread so:

i have a BA in german, just graduate. at the risk of sounding presumptions, yes, it was not the smartest idea. is there any way i could find work in bavaria? i am looking into getting a masters as well, since just speaking german is a shit qualification since all the god damn germans speak english better than i speak german.

Spain's history since the protestant reformation has just been getting btfo by protestants over and over again.

I don't even need to say anything about Italy.

France was only successful when ruled a Corsican freemason who readily praised Islam when it suited him.

He wasn't. Leave Veeky Forums now.

your beer sucks

Why, historically, did Bavaria develop such a distinct identity from the rest of the HRE? Even after German unification, was there a significant Bavarian nationalist movement?

Comfy general?

>Spain's history since the protestant reformation has just been getting btfo by protestants over and over again.
KEK

I'd like to visit Bavaria, are Bavarese people less autistic than german "people"?
Also why are Germans like that

Because Bavaria is where the mountains grow out of the ground, where the trees are made out of wood and the diners go out the window. And it's not in Venezuela.

I've have only met a handful of Bavarians and they don't seem any more autistic than a normal German. Admittedly though two of those Bavarians are my grandmother and some old cousin so I am a little biased.