Creationism in the 60's

What went wrong? Who let this happen?

What that creationist still exist or that evolution is still the excepted theory

How many of these people still exist?

More like how we let this stuff spread in the first place. Now it's popping up in all of the world's most advanced countries, Japan especially.

What stuff? Creationism or evolution?

Creationism/Intelligent Design

>Now it's popping up in all of the world's most advanced countries, Japan especially.
Japan? do evangelicals have a big missionary presence there?

>creationism will ruin anime forever

Evolution undermined American Evangelical beliefs in the 1800s so they tried to present a literalistic interpretation of Genesis as another scientific theory. Ironically by doing this they made a huge concession to positivism while trying to fight it.

I have no idea why people think creationism is a recent phenomenom.

There is a different between "creationists" hundreds of years ago who had no reason to believe otherwise and actual YECs who try to present their beliefs as a scientific theory. The former have only been around since the 1900s and exist explicitly in opposition to evolution.

i don' think anyone disagrees with that, but there's apologists for the metaphorical explanation who will claim the catholic church has always held that the 6 days of creation wasn't a literal 6 days by pointing to Origen and and Augustine.

Goddamn westaboos

Internet apologists I guess. You can be a perfectly good Catholic and believe the Earth is a few thousand years old. Talk about creationism vs. evolution just doesn't seem relevant to the Catholic faith.

true, but the catholic church does have an official position that the 6 day creation and the garden of eden were metaphorical.

>evolution is the root of anarchism, an ideology which has its roots further back than evolution

This isn't regular stupidity, this is ADVANCED stupidity.

Bear in mind, they regard these people as great thinkers. In fact, Gish was considered "Creationism's Thomas Huxley."

Most of those isms predate Darwin's theories. I guess he did not know that.

Not at all, a Catholic could believe it was all completely literal and not be at odds with the faith.

I'm pretty sure Catholics are allowed to interpret it however they see fit

The Catholic s̶h̶i̶l̶l̶s̶ apologists are doing a great job. I've talked to people who unironically believed that no one took the bible literally in the past and it's a completely modern American phenomenon.

Hmm

If you read any more of Origen than this meme quote you'd know he took more of the bible literally than Ken Ham.

The guy just basically said "everything I don't like is caused by evolution". Like the guy instead of saying "thanks Obama!" probably says "thanks evolution!"

The American education system.

The concept of human rights and enlightenment civilization happened, allowing these retards to exist, when nature out to have finished them off before they could have spoken their first words.