Should I do Electrical or Mechanical engineering for my major?

Should I do Electrical or Mechanical engineering for my major?

Mechanical

mechanical bean thermodynamics and lunar physics

But I hear all the time that EE is god tier? : /

non meme answer: if you're intelligent and able to do the mathematics, sure, go into the electrical engineering, but also focus on stuff like automation and robotics so you actually have purpose to exist in ten years with all the sweet dosh you can make maintaining fast food robots or whatever crazy shit we'll have running the service industries.

aeronautical engineering is also a good idea but I have doubt that skilled trades like that will truly exist outside of major research positions in the near future.

Which field comes more naturally to you? Choose that

I've deciding between those two too.

I really don't know. I may study both at the same time.

I've been thinking about doing mechanical with power systems, seems to be good compromise between the two disciplines, with a good focus on energy and generation/transmission/distribution of electricity.

Good idea or nah?

I wanted to study MechE to build the movable parts of robots and make prosthetic legs and arms, and shit like that. I was thinking on doing a major on Robotics too.

do it and build me a robot body nigger

It's actually a pretty great idea.

I'd go with it, if I wasn't so focused on studying both.

You could also study mechatronics eng.

That's what I really want to study, but there are no good colleges near me with minors on mech eng.

EE if you have the chops and want to make a ton of money. Any other if you are not smart enough and/or hate wealth.

Why do they make so much money? What are the typical duties of an electrical engineer on an average day?

Do mechanical. Once you get your PE, you can start your own business doing pme design for new construction.

Cryptocurrency nanophysical engineering science is where its at
3M/year starting

Either is fine, just don't go into aerospace

t. aerospace engineer

is aerospace as cucked as people say it is?

it has a ~60% employment rate for graduates in australia

Yes desu

It doesn't help that guys with ME degrees like me are cucking actual AEs out of the few AE jobs there are

I tried EE like 10 years ago. It did not work out for me. Everyone wanted either a technician or software engineer. I don't know what it is like today though.

EE will weed you out if you don't have a real, autistic interest in it

>2017
>still falling for the degree meme

>falling for the college is a meme meme

Depends where you live etc.

Mechanical engineering if you live somewhere like Australia, since mining and construction is big.

Electrical Engineering if you live somewhere like California where robotics innovation is going on.

I have a friend who did aerospace. Did well.

He now works for City Rail Sydney and hates every minute of it.

>Go into welding.
>Work 2-5 years in some small company.
>Start your own company
Buy lambo.
It's all assuming that u live in USA

Welding sucks. My dad did it. Made a lot of money, but fucked his back and hated every minute. Then again, he retired at 55 and just plays fucking golf all day, erry day.

I'm an EE. If you're good at what you do, you will be able to find a job. Might not be the greatest job, but a job nonetheless. If you suck at what you do, and lack people skills on top of that, good luck.

If you don't care that you have to go for a masters, check out material science engineering, that's where some of the new advancements of science should be coming from.

If you want to go for more business oriented shit, just do well in your classes and go for consulting or ib.

You should do Computer Science if you actually want to make money.