Is there anyone alive today who can reasonably claim to be from a patrician family? Also...

Is there anyone alive today who can reasonably claim to be from a patrician family? Also, are there people alive who have reasonable claims that they're related to specific ancient people?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Te-cheng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Tsui-chang
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there are a lot of viable routes to claim descent from antiquity (mostly through Arnulf of Metz or obscure visigothic noblemen) but all are specious due to poor record keeping after the fall of Rome.

Only if both parent are patrician is the child so no.

"From a patrician family" is a little different to "being a patrician" (claiming such would be in every way meaningless without a Roman nation for it to matter in).

And the answer is if you can link a patrician bloodline to Charlemagne, you can link Rome to every noble family in Europe. Proving such a claim has been difficult, however.

I myself am a descendant of a famous historical figure. I think this guy is descended from the oldest historical figure and is 100% verifiable through records.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Te-cheng

Here is his successor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Tsui-chang

That's really cool, man. I assumed a strong philosophy like Confucianism would be required to maintain the records of descent.

>Wewaz Cicero and shiit
Being descended from somebody famous or not from ancient times is an illusion due to exponential growth (2 parent, 4 grandparents, 8 grand grandparents etc.). Just do the math to see how 20 generation back you have 1 million ancestors. 30 generation (high middle ages) you already have a billion ancestors, that's more than the number of the world population at the time which means that many of them are shared and crisscrossed many time over. So if you go back to ancient times you are literally related to almost everyone from kings to slaves, but this relationship is too small to be meaningful. Add the fact that we all descend from a single homosapience tribe that expanded to today's population so you are related to absolutely everyone.

This and only this.

Searching for famous ancestors surves only one purpose: feeding your vanity.

Having records from antiquity of your ancestry is pretty based. In my home country, we keep family records in a book and it is handed down from father to son until the line fails. Then it is passed to the next closest agnate. Our own clan records go back to about 1200 AD. Unfortunately we never ascended to royalty or high nobility and were basically a lowly "baronial" clan for about a thousand years. Pretty cool to know how deeply you are tied to your land though.

This.

I can trace my family tree back to Bach tho. It does little to improve my life quality.

much less than a million or a billion, if you account for the unavoidable inbreeding of 5th or more grade cousins

I am related to the Pendrells family of boscerville house, who hid Charles in the oak tree during the English civil war. For this we were promised a purse of gold every year from the royals to the head of the house but when they only had daughters one generation, it was cancelled.

They were among the largest landowners in the 18th century but this one CUNTish Viscount Sir Robert, fucking gambled it all away. Was probably worth millions these days.

Worse part was they were lost to some snotty frenchmen living in England during the French wars of religion.

The number of slots doesn't change. What changes is the number of times each slot is occupied by the same people. The more it happens the more degenerate genetically you may become. Yes, racemixing a little is good.

If it makes you feel any better we were extremely wealthy but war and stupidity squandered everything before it got to me.

WE

I'm descended from Atilla the Hun.

I am legitimately a descendant from Charlemagne, but apparently alot of families are.

Pretty much everyone in Western Europe is.

Bad meme

He fucked like 20 chicks. Not really surprising.

I know that feel bro.
It only takes one person to break the back of the family's wealth.

My ancestor was a Polish knight that was the king's envoy. He drowned at sea while on a mission and the king gave our family a crest/herb.

>tfw