You who raped our Motherland
I hope you're rotting down in hell
For the horrors that you sent
To our misfortunate forefathers
Whom you robbed of their birthright
"To hell or Connaught" may you burn in hell tonight

Shithead

t. Patrick Fitzgerald

One of the great men of history. Without him, the world would likely still be ruled by monarchs instead of democracies and other forms of popular sovereignty (which make up the majority of national governments these days). He was both a great military leader, taking an army that had lost almost all its major engagements and reforming it into a hardened fighting force, and a great political leader who managed to hold his country together under a form of government which was at that point completely alien.

And he didn't commit a single warcrime against the Irish. Which is a shame, but nobody's perfect.

Britain's Napoleon. A gallant hero come to save the country from the tyranny of monarchs and rule wisely for the benefit of the peasantry.

The greatest English ruler since Longshanks. Never before have disgusting Gaels been BTFO.

another notch on the belt of perfidy

very happy that he's probably spinning in his grave at the current shtate of his homeland

If that was written by the IRA why wasn't it in Irish?

you think the IRA spends its time tagging walls?

>fuck the monarchy
>I'll be the king!

It is signed IRA, I assumed it was.

>signed
ah lad, it's not a fucking treaty, some youfs just sprayed it on a council estate wall

besides I'm sure the IRA prefer Oglaidh na hEireann to their English acronym

Ah I see, the IRA should tell those kids not to impersonate them and also not to vandalise their own neighborhoods

could be a loyalist area, who knows

>flat armour in 1944

This is the most retarded post I've seen on this board.

Americans are embarrassing.

except that he tried very hard not to become the king. He tried twice to form a parliament that could govern the country effectively, and when that failed he still refused to take the crown despite the fact that basically everyone expected him to.

He was just about a century too early to try republicanism.

Said nobody ever.

Ah yes, psychological warfare.

Legend

A great leader.

England should have stayed a commonwealth/republic.

Just saying, I don't know why we still have a useless monarchy. It's embarrassing.

we won with it :)

One of the cheekiest kunts in the history of England

>we

You're not us Rasheed

Cromwell literally did nothing wrong. He tried his best to maintain parliament but when they got bogged down with idiotic laws, squabbling and then trying to consolidate all power within their own hands, he literally had no other choice but to forcibly dissolve them.

It's a shame they picked his son to be Lord Protector next and it's a shame his son was inept at ruling.

>Having escaped from their knocked-out tank, Lieutenant John Cloudsley-Thompson and his crew of the 4th CLY spent much of the day in a basement in Villers-Bocage. During debriefing Cloudsley-Thompson said that he "never wished to see another tank as long as he lived" but the British press reported this as: "The first thing the five tank men asked for was another tank"

Many roundheads moved to America after the monarchy restoration.
Give 1 example of something Cromwell did that was exceptionally cruel compared to other autocrats across the world at the time. The Irish sided with Charles II which was an open declaration of war and Cromwell was dragged into the conflict. Terrified fatigued soldiers entering a city after a long siege won't take any chances, they will kill rather than risk being killed even if the risk is small, it is an inevitability and the Irish would have done the same if Cromwell had not waged war upon them.

The idea he was frothing at mouth with genocidal rage at catholics and the Irish is a myth. He believed his purpose was to free catholics from being misled by the pope in the same way other catholics had been in the past. His religious views were quite pragmatic since he had good reason to believe Catholics were hostile while he promoted "liberty of conscience" among protestant denominations.

dick
the napoleon of his time
but quintessential for british politics as we learnt constitutional bicameral parlimentary monarchy with nationalised service is a good thing
[spoiler] but jacobite blood stil runs through me, oh damn Cromwell give back the Dowry thou hath stolen

>all this praise of literal burgermeister mesiterburger
He was a tyrant and worked outside of the actual bounds of his power too much of the time. He lacked official power, which is the only way to actually promise stability and prosperity. You can see how important official power was once his son became Lord Protector and could only sit on his hands like a dumb ass.

Generally Cromwell did alright, except for the banning of enjoying life in any capacity (which I know is a puritan thing.) My issue with him is that he set a poor precedent, and should have more room to work with in his office if the commonwealth would have actually lasted. It would have been a monarchy instead of a republic, yes, but it would also be a hell of a lot more stable than the real commonwealth.

Same reason they speak english in their parliaments and in their schools user

Whys that?

ITT: Anglos as always defend English people who caused suffering and misery upon innocent people and slaughtered people like animals and they will defend it because they are practically like neo-nazis when it comes to defending atrocities they committed.
He was worse than the black death.

>us offers irish free land to homestead
>millions of irish choose to leave their country
>made it on england

>we fight to the last to spite cromwell
>oh shit our women couldnt beat back the soldiers and now they're being raped

Anglos like i said will defend these atrocities

>Revisionism is a valid school of history

>t. akim

Going to celebrate Christmas in honor of him.

top post

>upon innocent people
>innocent
>Irish
>innocent
>innocent

>irish
>people

Chilling safely in the deepest, darkest pit of hell, where even Judas gets to slap him around for his evils.

>Without him, the world would likely still be ruled by monarchs instead of democracies
Exactly. He gave the world to the Jews.

He was a puritanical, religious fanatic, wankstain.

There is a reason why the monarchy was reestablished as soon as he died...

t. Cromwell

He let the Jews back in
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resettlement_of_the_Jews_in_England