Aren't you lutheran yet?

Aren't you lutheran yet?

I was raised Lutheran but desu I find Calvinism more appealing and sensible.

Because i'm Episcopalian, though i've been considering going full Catholic.

Waldo > Luther

Catholics aren't Christian

Because I'm a deist.

Because I'm a Christian.

Catholics aren't Christian

Because Christianity as a whole has been largely discredited over the last few hundred years.

Because I'm Anglican.

No Book of Concord for me, but go for it user.

*Romans

are you a lesbian?

No, I just play one on TV

Cheeky.

Retardestants = Cultists

Luther = Satan

I can't play the lute.

euphoric

In the last 6 months I have been thinking about converting to Lutheranism

Scripture alone
Faith alone
Grace alone

Catholics make salvation ambiguous with 'good works'. I couldn't live that way

Reminder that the whole "good works" meme is a strawman of Catholic belief.
>CANON I.-If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema.

The hell, francis said that non believers who did good could go to heaven
so anathema=! you go to hell?

Check 'em reprobates.

>tfw North European Papist
Feels good man

God might choose to be merciful to anyone, but rejecting the Church is a sin that places your soul in jeopardy.

I was, but found Pelagianism to be more logical.

Look up Newcomb's paradox

because I'm a Catholic and not a filthy heretic.

Okay, what does this have to do with my post?

But, I am.

Greeting brethren in Christ.

Luther was right. We dodged a bullet: pic related.

I owe the same obedience to the pope that I owe to antichrist

[spoiler]Where would some good places to find the differences between the different sects of Christianity?[/spoiler]

By going to the churches, mostly.

Because I'm Congregationalist

[spoiler]someone please kill me[/spoiler]

>implying Christianity isn't a filthy heresy of Judaism anyway.

Muh nigga.

Judaism is a heresy of Christianity, mister kikestein.

I can bet half of my dog that he didn't say that and it's MSM lie.

Because trusting man who was sexual deviant, sucked dick of various princes, was mentally ill, change the Scripture and said that Jesus committed adultery in the matter of faith is fucking stupid.

Good thing that we don't make Luther, by the bible, the infallible authority in matters of faith and morals, and take Christ, not men (such as the pope and so-called saints), to be the moral standard. Catholics on the other hand claim the pope is some kind of infallible authority and call him "holy father" (call no men a father, the bible teaches), when so many popes were despicable, sinful men, erred and changed doctrine countless times. You try to apply to Luther standards that only Catholics expect from the pope (and which are not met by them either).

But* the bible

I'm baptised and confirmated lutheran, but I'm not really religious.

No, good works is necessary for salvation. Look into the corporal works of mercy, (as it is the year of mercy) and you will find some thing that would be constituted as good works.

Irish?

>Good thing that we don't make Luther, by the bible, the infallible authority in matters of faith and morals
You get this doctrine from this guy ergo placed his authority in this matter above Bible since there is nowhere in Bible itself, nor in rest of Apostles teachings. No one can place someones authority above authority of himself becouse this is not how it works. Not to meantion, that Luther never had even a simple Revelation from Divine to change Church (ergo, his reform wasn't not from the Spirit but from himself) and even if he did (and I don't know any of such claim) he didn't perform any sign to back this (in contrast to the true Reformers like St. Francis) or that like Jesus himself said "bad tree cannot bear good fruit".

And now the fun part aka strawmans and little or no understanding of how Ecclesia Catholica works
> and take Christ, not men (such as the pope and so-called saints), to be the moral standard.
Christ took many of man that we call saints as a moral standard (such like Moses or John the Baptists). So did Apostles. And their disciples. And disciples of those disciples. And all of Church that gates of hell cannot prevail.
>Catholics on the other hand claim the pope is some kind of infallible authority
Which is more coherent in the Bible than placing Bible itself. Don't you know, that Peter have the Keys of Messianic Kingdom in his possession, that he have them from Christ and that whoever he boud shall be bouned and whatever she open shall be opened? Don't you know, that he was apointed as a Shepard of Church? Don't you know that he was prince of apotoles and Lord of Houshold in new Kingdom of David? Bible is profitable but not sufficient. This was and is teaching of Church from day one, confirmed by many documents from first, second and next centuries.
(cont.)

>Here you express that you not know how to read Bible or hiperbole to be specific? Didn't Paul and other apostles used this title in the Bible itself?
Here you express that you not know how to read Bible or hiperbole to be specific. Didn't Paul and other apostles used this title in the Bible itself? He did. Didn't you call your father "father"? You did.
> when so many popes were despicable, sinful men, erred and changed doctrine countless times
Pick related. You don't know how Church works, yet try to claim that you have more authority than She?
>You try to apply to Luther standards that only Catholics expect from the pope
We use the same standards as Peter, James, Paul, John other apostoles, apostolic fathers, church fathers and whole of Ecclesia used for 2000 years that Jesus gave us.
>(and which are not met by them either).
Meme

Everything.

no Luther is burning in hell for violating his monastic vows