Is this guy right about golos?

Golos is up 70% today and i had no idea what it was until i looked at this guy's post. ( bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1923881.0 )
Is this legit? Because if it is, it may be tremedously undervauled

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/steem/
steemit.com/faq.html#How_does_Steemit_work
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steemit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers
golos.io/
steem.io
steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jrcornel/is-this-the-beginning-of-cryptocurrency-mass-adoption
steemit.com/money/@sgtreport/end-of-the-empire-bill-holter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've come to the conclusion that Golos coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/ is massively undervalued. For this reason I've decided to sell all my other alt coins and put everything into Golos. Here's why:

Background

Golos is a fork of Steemit coinmarketcap.com/currencies/steem/ but for Russian users (Steemit is targetted at Englsh speakers).

Its basically a social media platform where you earn Golos (money) for either writing articles or curating articles (upvoting etc). This is explained here steemit.com/faq.html#How_does_Steemit_work

Steemit also has a large Wikipedia page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steemit

My calculations

There are about 500 million native English speakers in the word, with another 510 million people speaking English as a second language - source en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers (total of 1.01 billion speakers).

There are about 150 million native Russian speakers, with another 115 million speaking it as a second languge (total of 265 million speakers).

So there are roughly 3.8 times more English speakers than Russian speakers.

The market cap of Steemit is currently about $212 million
The market cap of Golos is currently about $4 million

So the market cap of Golos is about 53 times smaller than Steemit, but there are only 3.8 more English speakers than Russian speakers. All other things being equal the market cap of Golos should be 3.8 times smaller than Steemit, so $56 million (instead of the current $4 million)

Steemit is about 13 months old
Golos is about 4 months old

Obviously we need to consider the current number of users on both platforms when comparing price

golos.io/ and steem.io

Its an approximate calculation, but it appears currently steemit has about 5-10 times more posts, votes etc than Golos. So say an average of 7.5 more traction. So based on these numbers Golos should have a market cap 7.5 times less than Steemit - so $28 million (instead of the current $4 million)

Recent Steemit performance vs Golos vs alts

Golos launched on January 19 2017. Since this date, Steemit has increased its market cap by 473%. However Golos has decreased its market cap by 7%. And since the same date, alt coins have increased 1262%

So basically steemit has underperformed the alt coin market, and Golos has totally underperformed the alt coin market since it launched.

The Ripple and Stellar effect

This is where it gets more interesting. Ripple shot up in value by more than 6000% between March and now.

Stellar Lumens are a fork of Ripple. Despite Ripple exploding, the price of Stellar barely changed until May 4. Between May 4 and May 18 it increased about 750%

Despite most alt coins exploding January-May, the Steemit price didnt move much. Then between May 5 and today May 18 Steemit has gone up 177%. Golos may well shoot up in value any time soon.

The Russian language opportunity

A possible reason why Golos has lagged the market is its an entirely Russian crypto. The majority of crypto investors (like you and me) don't speak Russian.

So when we visit a crypto coin website like Golos golos.io/ and see a bunch of Russian we pretty much rule out investing in it. We don't understand it!!

However think about it from a Russian crypto investors perspective. Most Russians don't speak English, certainly most don't speak it well enough to read/analyse English language focused crypto coin websites (basically most cryptos). NB think how hard it is to understand much crypto info when its written in your native language, never mind your second language.

Golos would be a much easier investment for Russians to make. They don't need to try and use Google translate etc to understand the offering.

Other factors

I first read about Steemit about 6 months ago. I had a look, but to me the quality of the content was really poor and it didnt seem to have much traction.

However this is changing fast. For example this article steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jrcornel/is-this-the-beginning-of-cryptocurrency-mass-adoption has earned more than $400 despite only being 1 day old! If this article was published 1 month ago (before Steemit shot up in value) it would only have earned about $100 in 1 day. Steemit and Golos have an ingenius network effect.

Further, the main social media platforms like Youtube and Facebook have started trying to ban anti establishment content like steemit.com/money/@sgtreport/end-of-the-empire-bill-holter How dare anyone suggest the USD has problems, despite there being so much evidence that the USD as a world reserve currency is failing! This kind of big brother censorship on Facebook, Youtube etc is only going to make sites like Steemit and Golos far more popular.

So in summary thats why I'm going to sell all my alt holdings and put them into Golos. I think its going to explode in value really soon.

Let me know you're thoughts. If you think I'm an idiot then please back up your viewpoint with data

Just bought a fuckign tun this should moon

Fuck your moon, I want real opinions

Wtf everything is in russian. Anyone on here speak commie and translate their page?

Fuck it i just put 200 into it, to many moon markers to turn down.

im just gonna bump this for you because i enjoyed reading your personal analysis instead of these shitty memes shilled all day. Ill definitely look into this.

sounds good to me. bumped. thanks for sharing, gains probably will be marginal unless it gets shilled hard like other coins here but hey at least its got a basis

godspeed user

I'll bite, ill throw 0.1 btc at it but i don't expect much

If it's shit ill lose some but if you're right lamboland here i come

Hopefully we will all go to lamboland son

There is no reason for steemit not to translate their platform into russian and start steemit.ru
at that point your golos will be worth 0$$

This was once a madman pump.

to communicate to who? Of course users are going to use a platform where everyone else understand them, rather than a small hidden part of a general website where 0.5% of people at best is russian. Also steemit.ru doesn't exist, so your phantasies have zero effect on reality

Logic makes sense to me. But there are a million unaccounted for variables. ahh the joys of crypto

you do not understand what I'm saying
Language is a feature on top of this steemit platform. If and when they decide to do so, that's where golos is no longer needed and that's where >Of course users are going to use a platform where everyone else understand them,

I'm not saying steemit is going to do this
but they can

>If and when they decide to do so
do translate, add more languages

>If and when
nice theories faggot.
>something that may happen in the future with a possibility of 0.0001% means it cannot be worth more now
your FUD is weak, try harder

>that's where golos is no longer needed and that's where
I have already told you that's not how this works. This is like saying that if the Washington Post had their newspaper also in russian then russian people would read it more than their local newspaper. This is why you'll stay poor user

throw away your money with this clone coin then, what do I care