How do we bring dinners like these back?

How do we bring dinners like these back?
I thought the concept of waitresses on wheels was pretty cool. They should at the very least bring it back at Johnny Rockets or Hooters

In this day and age my guess is the liability is just too high for the value the novelty brings

whywesterneconomiessuckrightnow.jpg

How worker's compensation if she gets hurt? You sign a waiver that if you fall on the job it's your problem. Obviously one has to be skilled on roller skates to work there.
Oh right the diner can get sued if she falls and hurts a customer...

>You sign a waiver that if you fall on the job it's your problem.
Waivers hold basically no legal water.

All those waivers you signed in gradeschool going on field trips?
All those waivers you signed going into amusement parks?
All those waivers you signed at your workplace?
Essentially worthless pieces of paper.

They dissuade uneducated people without money for legal council from suing because "oh man i signed that waiver; better not even try".
But you can't sign away your safety; it's like a 10 year old making a contract saying his friend has to be a slave for a day or something if they lose a bet.

Liability is way too high for the small revenue boost.

Are you guys fucking stupid? Drive ins are still a thing. Not just in America. When I was in high school we had a drive in near by and we'd always go there after school and stuff. And they would always skate it out to us. And I've gone back home and it's still there. And I know this isn't an exception I see drive ins in nearly every city.

I have a negative IQ but that's irrelevant to the conversation.

I've never seen one desu.

Sonic does it, it's not required of them though.

1) you can't always maintain smooth pavements all seasons, every year if you're running a small outdoor diner.
2) they require big parking lots which are inefficient in concept and economical effectiveness compared to drive-thrus
3) they're not that practical with serving pedestrians and large groups of people on buses. Even with ones where people can eat inside, it still requires management to hire more workers to have some there to serve the indoor customers and take their orders, as well as ones to serve the outdoor ones and take their orders
4. People being in the vecinity of their own car psychologically makes them feel less constrained to acting socially appropriate, and so creeps and other degenerate are more enabled to harassing their waitresses
5) imagine not only the insurance costs, but the amount of bitching and litigantcy when their server accidentally trips and scratches their shitty plastic frame cars.
6. People being in their cars for a long duration surrounded by others likewise increases the chances of insurance

This. It obviously differs from country to country tho.

They're not required but everyone does it. I think you get paid more or something.

Which state/country is this in? I want to move there. I live around the Shitty tristate area in the northeast region.
I was talking more indoor. Outdoor maybe only in the summer.

Forgot pic.

Sonic is Oklahoma-based, there's also A&W drive-ins here and some Mexican drive-in but I dont think its a chain yet.

It's fucking stupid. Cook for yourself, you lazy shit.

Welp time to move out of the Shitty northeast to the Southwest.

I mean...yeah I cook most of the time because it helps me stay Veeky Forums and save money, but are you telling me you never go out to eat with friends or family? Or do you have none?

I don't go out to eat because it's a retarded waste of money when I can cook that is better at home. Where they can also come to. Wow.

You express a demand or open a small business and through hard work, innovation, and advertising convince people to eat at your fast-food skating ring.

It's in Pacific northwest

Oh you ridiculous libertarians!

No, OP! What you must do is protest - first on twitter and facebook, then on the streets! - against the government not having implemented this already! Then blame the privileged for not facilitating it! Then lobby for celebrities and the media to support your idea!

fast food skating ring..actually implementing this idea first at a skating ring with dining options then and expanding to an actual dinner probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
Most people ITT have already killed my dream though. There really is too many hurdles to get passed.

No, you need to think big and you need to think different. Consider this, tv tables. Not just any tv table, but tv table with roller blades for legs. You get you food and put it on the tray, strap on roller blades and enter the roller blading ring. You eat while roller blading around the track with your tray of food.

That just sounds completely dangerous though

Live in large dense population center.
In SoCal we've got Sonics everywhere and they do exactly this.

Too much of a chance that they'll drop the food, have to train workers for a more complicated skill than just normal serving, have to buy them the shoes, etc. And honestly, who fucking cares if they're on roller skates or not? I'm there for the food, not the skating.

do you want to live the american dream or not?

I was thinking this too, in my town we have a ma-and-pa diner that's been around since the 50's and they have roller skate girls too.

Being a skilled roller skater would obviously be the first pre-requisite for the job. So of course they would have their own skates. And what time of food place/diner did you ever work at? workers had to buy their own uniform when I worked at a fast food joint in my town.

Sonic still does it right?

It's called Sonic. They're based out of Oklahoma but they have them in a lot of different states.