Okay, since there are a bunch of newfags on here and I myself was a newfag a mere two hours before writing this...

Okay, since there are a bunch of newfags on here and I myself was a newfag a mere two hours before writing this, I have made this copypasta to get you started on cryptocurrency trading so that newfags can stop asking in the board. I will also explain how trading works in Bittrex.

1) Have a debit or credit card.

2) Go to coinbase.com and make an account.

3) Go under "Buy/Sell" and buy Bitcoin using your money (not Ethereum or Litecoin. Those won't work for the next part unless you use a trading site that specifically uses ETH or LTC).

4) Go to Bittrex or Poloniex (Poloniex isn't legal in my state) and make an account (from this point on I'm assuming you're using Bittrex).

5) Open your bitcoin wallet and press the blue plus sign next to it. It will prompt you to get your wallet code. After you are shown your wallet code copy it. Go to Coinbase and go under "Send/Request". Paste your code into the address field and then select the amount of Bitcoin you want to send over (I'm assuming all).

6) Wait until the transaction is confirmed. This should take about twenty minutes (no, you didn't lose all your money).

You are now ready to begin trading altcoins. Have fun getting to the moon. And remember, there's a fee pretty much anytime you want to move your coins, whether you're buying bitcoin from coinbase, moving your bitcoin from coinbase to bittrex, or buying/selling altcoins on bittrex.
Now find a coin you want to trade.

Say Digibyte. bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DGB

Scroll down. See "BUY DIGIBYTE" and "SELL DIGIBYTE" under "TRADING"?

"Units" is how many units of altcoin you want to buy. Put 100 in here if you want to buy 100 DGB. Put 18710.3518 if you want to buy 18710.3518 DGB.

"Bid" is how much you want to pay per DGB. meaning if you put 100 in Units and .000005 in Bid, you're going to spend .0005 in Bitcoin for 100 Digibyte (a little bit more actually, because of fees.

You can click those blue tabs under buy/sell to accept offers.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitprime.co.nz
medium.com/@paulgambill/how-to-import-json-data-into-google-spreadsheets-in-less-than-5-minutes-a3fede1a014a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 master hacker
>inb4 character limit 2000/2000

Whenever i try to register my credit card on coinbase i get "CVN Error", anybody else get this problem or know how to fix it?

I keep getting it so I used gemini instead. fuck coinbase and their garbage site that doesnt work right

Anyone brought coins in New Zealand? Can't find anywhere that supports NZ that isn't marked up 15%

post it here and i'll try it myself

Yeah I'll try it too on different hardware. We're here to help you out, man.

I'll just steal it

You monster!

Same here. No idea whats up.

Have you entered the 3 digit code which is on the back of your CC?

> Not avariable at your country
> the feel of living in a shit 3rd world country

All i know of is coined.co.nz but they require IDs now

localbitcoins has a chink that sells big volume maybe try him

i dont know where to start.

coinbase or gemini? i dont feel comfortable giving my ssn to gemini. do you do the same to coinbase?
i hear coinbase has a lot of problems.

is gemini easier?

is it too late to get into this and make some money? I feel like im late to this new hobby

I'm not concerned about using ID. So I buy off them, transfer to wallet then I'm good to go?

yup but i just checked now and hes backed up for 4 days fuck. how much btc you trying to buy?

>Using bitcoin to transfer between exchanges
Use eth for that, it takes a fraction of the time. Also, new fags get the fuck off my board.

will this work in UK?

googled this one too never tried it though

bitprime.co.nz

$50-100 worth nothing serious

Charges 0.18btc per Bitcoin purchase

Got some cash to burn and wanting to get in on this shit RIGHT NOW but getting cockblocked waiting for verification to buy coin.

coinbase won't take my credit card, so signed up on gemini and kraken, both are taking hours to fucking verify me. just going to sleep :(

Yes, or you can buy from Bittylicious.

To buy at market price, make a bank transfer, otherwise you'll be paying an extra £200 per btc just to use card.

theres probably places that take credit card for bitcoin

Giant douche or turd sandwich guys?

You fucking idiots

Stop shilling coinbase you fucking cunt

For those of you using spreadsheets to track your shit.

I also want to give out a tip.
In Google sheets (and in excel too, obviously)
you can get real time value of certain coins.

First step ->
medium.com/@paulgambill/how-to-import-json-data-into-google-spreadsheets-in-less-than-5-minutes-a3fede1a014a
Second step ->
=VALUE(ImportJSON("min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=BTC&tsyms=USD","/USD","noHeaders"))
or
=VALUE(ImportJSON("min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=DOGE&tsyms=BTC","/BTC","noHeaders"))

Enjoy.

Just brought on coinmama for 150 since needed no verification. Cost more than others but at least it's a start.

>Poloniex isn't legal in my state

Where is it not legal?

Washington, due to retarded banking restrictions or some bullshit.

coinbase arent giving me my fucking bitcoin

so what if i want to buy bitcoins at localbitcoins isntead ? since e are yuropoors, does it differ on how we buy ? If i then buy at local bitcoins, can i use bittrex as a wallet? or do i have to move my bitcoin from localbitcoin, to coinbase, and then to bittrex ?

>coinbase won't take my credit card
It never took my card for 3 years.
After trying over 50 times, I finally got the answer.

You have to write out your street address completely.
So if its 123 9TH AVE APT 1

You have to write it:
123 NINTH AVENUE, APT 1

You can even skip the APT 1 altogether. Their credit card system is fucked up beyond belief.

>can i use bittrex as a wallet
yes

Is Kraken a nice place for an european that want to try his hand with 100€ or something?

Someobe on /r9k/ linked me here

This legit or troll?

I kept trying to get through the CVN error and finally got it through my thick head to disable noscript and requestpolicy, then when I tried after putting in my address it said maximum attempts have been reached, do not try to enter another card for 24 hours. You guys are going to the moon without me.

Go home fedoralord

Is anyone else having trouble verifying a credit or debit card on Coinbase? For some reason it keeps giving me a CVN error and now I can't try again until tomorrow. WTF

I don't want to wait 4-5 days for my BTC...I'm gonna miss all those sweet DGB gains

--->

All the coins have been getting jerked off for the last month or so. They'll probably keep it up for another month or so, judging by last time around.

Ah I'll check that out. Also I realized that my address was incorrect since I've moved in the last year, albeit just down the road.

So is it even worth trying to verify my card or should I just go the long route and be happy with fewer gains?

bump

help me so I can start trading
DJ2sDHZFLNjcXGvBnzY13HBNoGsA6dzHmb

is there any way i can buy bitcoin without sending them a selfie and jumping through 8000 fucking hoops?

yes, but why only 100?