ITT: Historical war fuck ups (pic related)

ITT: Historical war fuck ups (pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Swedish_War_(1626–29)
scroll.in/article/811468/the-killing-fields-of-jammu-when-it-was-muslims-who-were-eliminated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Habsburgs are reddit-tier monarchs

what did the ottomans do to get the entirety of Europe except France and Portugal to declare war on them

What the fuck does that even mean? I think the people saying this shit constantly are newfags from reddit, or have legitimate autism.

Are battle fuckups welcome aswell?

>Wtf was lugis problem

a fucking tragedy

I still dont understand this

>worse equipment
>worse training
>barely any combat experience (byzantines and sassies been fighting for centruies)
>no heave cav
>inferior numbers

I mean ar*bs were a bunch of desert people who lived in barren and dry sand towns spread apart from each other with a population which is 1/1000th of that of byzantine and sassanid

although both empires were "exhausted" from fighting it still just doesnt make any fucking sense

Because all of the red countries but Russia, Poland and Britain, belonged to Charles V

It's because Allah was on their side.

Pooland BTFO

wut

That's in 1691, like a century and a half after Charles' death.

pls nerf Rashidun

I still don't understand what happened. They were equipped and trained by the best army in the world, and in the end they didn't even tried to use their weapons. Worse, they left them to the Enemy. A rag-tag group of illiterate nutjobs in Toyota trucks.

>outnumbered the attackers 15-1

>worse training
>barely any combat experience

arabs warred with other tribes often before muhammad unites them, theyre kinda like the mongols in that regard.

FUCK

>They were equipped and trained by the best army in the world
more like
>they were given guns and told to please, please use them in the way their occupiers wanted them to, once the occupiers left
what could have gone wrong?
Bonus round:
[spoiler]ISIS told them it was going to make Iraq great again[/spoiler]

i agree
how did swedish fucked up so badly despite having so good start thanks to lithuanians cucking themselves for them?

>Veeky Forums: history and humanities

Ally France.

Experience in stealing horses during the dark doesn't translate into experience on a battlefield.

I really, really like this picture

>fucked up
?
They literally burnt the country to the ground and stole every piece of value available.

>Italian
>Naval
>Tradition

Andrea Doria is spinning in his grave.

And, to be fair

>German
>Naval
>Tradition

>KMS Blucher
>Germany's most modern cruiser
>Load it up with 800 troops
>Send it into the Oslofjord hoping to capture the capital
>It gets sunk by torpedo launchers installed in the 1890s

>KMS

Was destined for failure

bolognesi del cazzo btfo

>It's over, Luigi! I have the high ground!
>You underestimate my power!!

you're taking about the wrong war you retarded polack

How'd the Germans transport that many troops?

What the fuck happen at Kletsk?

Transport ships and the like. It's easier to get from Germany to Norway than it is to get across the English Channel.

While it's funny, I really fail to see how this was different from the Western Front.

Because he attacked in the exact same place each time.

are guerrilla wars cheating?

They tried to invade herr Austria with a massive army, the pope wanting to defend Vienna from comming into turkish hands (granted this is like the 3rd attempt for the turks) calls upon a massive holy league, with just about everyone in red joining immediatley. Only Russia joined later on.

Austria got to assert it's crown to all of hungary, take slovenia, and annex translvanya

Ottomans got pushed out of europe by the literal fuck, marry, kill dynasty again: pic related.

Seriously what the fuck was Italy's problem during ww2? Like ok, ww1 they we're inexperianced and had a lot of green generals n shit, I've got nothing for ww2, sheer incompetence?

who cares, you lost both of them
and v*sa from your pic got killed by pole

Mussolini threw most of his men and equipment into winning the Spanish Civil War and the colonial wars in Albania, Ethiopia and Libya.

Italy was ill prepared for total war from a material standpoint.

In WWI they had stockpiled coal, oil and steel beforehand, with regular new shipments coming through into the Mediterranean from the outside world and financed by British loans.

Despite efforts to modernize the country, in WWII they had almost nothing. Mussolini's vision of fascism and war was colonial conflicts fighting for land to settle Italians on. Albania, Ethiopia, and Libya have no strategic resources.

He entered the war late in the invasion of France assuming it was largely over.

>It is humiliating to remain with our hands folded while others write history. It matters little who wins. To make a people great it is necessary to send them to battle even if you have to kick them in the pants. That is what I shall do.

>fucking up this bad in 1944
like, no excuse.

ebin cavalry charge

>who cares, you lost both of them
doesn't look like a loss to me
>and v*sa from your pic got killed by pole
source?
what was a pole doing in Saxony?

A Russian's greatest weakness.

Thanks user, it's all things consider how there are a bunch of fags that make fun of France for being shit, when Italy was clearley the worse in a lot of regards.

Yes they were.

lul

Never seen anything like this before. Wow.

WW1 was a fucking meat grinder.

>Cadorna had been directing the battle 20 miles (32 km) behind the front and retreated another 100 mi (160 km) to Padua
This guy was a real piece of work.

Just in general, I suppose.

Both empires

>failed to appreciate the strategic threat (after all, Arabia had produced nothing of note over recorded history up to this point)
>were occupied by infighting, both religious and otherwise (much of the Byzantine army at Yarmouk was miaphysite and didn't take command well, there was infighting among the commander). The Sassanids had just exited out of a civil war when the arab conquest started.

>Never seen an ambush before
?

>when Luigi tries to beat Bowser on his own

Had plenty of chances to leave in a dignified manner.

Could have at least become martyrs.

Decided to fight and then surrender almost immediately.

Gustav was getting rekt in Pooland.

Do I have to post every single battle to make this fucking clear once and for all?

>Gustav was getting rekt in Pooland.
Which one?, could you be more specific
>Do I have to post every single battle to make this fucking clear once and for all?
I never questioned the Polish army or its fighting capabilities but whatever makes you sleep at night i guess

Shameful that India got away with this tbch. Same with the annexation of Sikkim and the invasion of Hyderabad. Contemporary India has such a history of sketchy shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Swedish_War_(1626–29)

Check the battles. Majority of them won by Poles. The reason he became such a fierce general is because he got a cold shower in Poland.

don't forget religious cleansing in Kashmir in 1947

scroll.in/article/811468/the-killing-fields-of-jammu-when-it-was-muslims-who-were-eliminated

Are there any fuck-ups older than Cannae? I don't know any

The Sicilian expedition. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet

>Shameful that India got away with this tbch

No one except US was strong enough to stop them. US had a clear policy on colonies: If you couldn't hold them yourself, then too bad. US wasn't going to help.

Why do Poles claim victory? Because they didn't go extinct?

Mein fuhrer.

Steiner...

Haven't seen this posted before.

Except the Ottomans only got pushed out of Hungary you literal retard. The Turks still own the biggest city in Europe. Stop being a fag.

t*rkish lies

Every noble in Europe knew each other but none of them knew the Turks except that they were goatfuckers and foreign. And foreign goatfuckers with lots of guns is an easy thing to rally against.

Didn't even know about that one.

Almost all the officers were ISIS leadership. ISIS was founded by Saddams intelligence services, and they had nearly complete infiltration of the Iraqi army before the US pulled out. So, they laid low till the US left, and then abandoned their army at the right moment. The Iraqis were ordered to stand down, and they did. They surrendered not out of cowardice but because their officers were in fact ISIS officers. They had no idea what was happening.

Its so odd the people who hate reddit are obsessed with it
>hmm this post would fit on reddit, I should know I go there ironically to view the cucks
>can you be a little less reddit?

Al-Walis was a god tier general

456 years of rule brought down in one retarded day

Nobody took the Dutch seriously ever again.

>redpilled Habsburgs
>reddit-tier

What did he mean by this