A fucking drunk retard ironically order his ship to go crash on rocks

>a fucking drunk retard ironically order his ship to go crash on rocks
>the normans lose the throne of England, the Angevin Plantagenets inherit the throne, and the entire first hundred years war starts

What are some other events in History that started because of some random people being stupid as fuck?

Caused the downfall of western civilisation.

But the Plantagenets inherited the throne in 1154 while the HYW started in 1337

He said the first hundred years war, he probably refer to the shitfest of the XII-XIIIth Century with Richard the Lionheart, and the battle of Bouvines.

Adam and Eve or early civs not just ending it all right there

Adelin was fucking dickhead, and, while I like Curtmantle a lot his descendants tended to be utter morons. The Plantagenets had very few 'meh' kings, they were all either fucking based (Edward I and III and Henry II) or fucking shocking (Henry III, Richard II, John, Edward II etc).

(didn't include the Lancastrians or Yorkists, but they were similar)

>caused
kek

Henry III wasn't shocking, he's the definition of meh, John gets a worse rap than he should anyway.

Out of Lancaster and York the only bad king among them was Henry VI, Henry IV and Edward IV are both criminally underrated

John lost Normandy to Philip Augustus, which annoys me to no end. He also spent too much of his time travelling England to dispense justice. And Henry III tried to buy Sicily (Richard of Cornwall sums that up; ;"You might as well say, 'I make you a present of the moon – step up to the sky and take it").

I'd agree with you on Bolingbroke and Edward IV, though.

Edward IV sounds great, but the more you read up on him, the more he becomes a massive,petty, vindictive dickhead.

Losing continental possessions was the best thing for England, they needed to cut the link to France to forge their own path, apart from Calais maybe it would be cool to see what that would look like these days if the English still managed to keep it as an enclave.

Henry III also reigned a long time and apart from that shit with De Montford, he reigned pretty peacefully, also his contributions to English Gothic style architecture are great. One shitty purchase isn't enough to make someone an Edward II tier king

I like Edward, apart from that shit with taxing the country to pay for a war with France and then getting bribed out of it, whats to dislike about him? From what I've read he was incredible on the battlefield

More like Europe autodestructed itself with 2 world wars

His best bootboy John Tiptoft was put in charge of the trials of captured Lancastrians and was such a vicious cunt he was given the nickname "butcher of England".

Introduced the Rack to England, with the one in the Tower called "the king of Englands daughter".

Debased the currency in order to keep up his lavish spending.

Placed getting his dick wet with the Woodville harpy over the good of his realm and securing a foreign marriage alliance.

Fucked over a bishop by pretending he'd forgiven him, wrote he was coming to visit, then confiscated all the fine plate and tableware the bishop had put out, specifically because he thought he'd been forgiven.

Guy was just a douche. No wonder one brother rebelled against him and the other fucked off to the North.

Yeah fair, but it was a wank purchase, and imo representative of him as a king. The frivolous spending and obsession with religion (beyond that of Henry V who actually had something to show for it) put me off massively.

At least the cunt didn't have a hot poker shoved up his arse though.

>be Mao
>tell your peasants to give all their corn and farm animals to the government
>tell them to work on massive infrastructure projects
>corn productions takes a massive hit
>millions of people die
>kill anyone who rightly tells you you're a fucking idiot

You're not even getting to the juiciest bits
like where he ordered the destruction of sparrows and brought on a plague of locusts
or the bit where he had peasants making backyard iron

>be Mao
>order peasants to melt down all their tools, pots, pans, etc to use for factories cause you want industrialisation to happen overnight
>they do it
>the iron turns out to be complete shit
>economy drops through the floor

>to use for factories
Not even that, he wanted the peasants to build their own backyard furnaces and make steel there.

holy fuck Lel
Communists really are incredibly incompetent
>be Stalin
>notice hitler is moving literally millions of troops to your front door
>everyone's freakingg out
>ask him what the fuck
>he tells you he's just moving them out of the range of British bombers
>believe him

>be Kim Jong il
>country is a shithole
>decide to build a massive dam
>it's 8km long and took every resource of the country
>$4 billion dollars
>it causes a flood then famine after destroying the little arable land in the country
>millions starve
>be so insecure about it you tell everyone it's a great project on the level with the pyramids
>murder anyone who says differently

The events preceding the assassination of Franz Ferdinand are almost too stupid to be real.

>franz cruising the streets in open top car
>assassin 1 throws shit grenade that takes ten seconds to blow and fails to kill him
>assassin 1 takes a cyanide pill that doesnt work so he jumps in three feet of water to drown
>franz decides to go visit a hospital
>dumbshit driver doesnt know where hes going
>assassin 2 is eating a sandwich to make himself feel better about the failed murder plot
>franz passes by him so he has a chance to shoot him

You're being dishonest with the dam. The DPRK was out of electricity since they previously used coal imported from the USSR to fuel their plants. The dam really was an amazing project and it still provides power to so many people.

The ones that didn't starve

It still destroyed much of the arable land in the country

There were many factors causing the famine. Not only the collapse of the USSR and the flood, but there was also a drought at the same time, and let's not forget that Kim il-Sung also died recently before that. It's amazing that their system didn't collapse despite all this hardship. Now not only have they mostly recovered, but they've managed to make atomic bombs and to send satellites into orbit, which even more developed countries can't do.

Yeah, there was many factors but raising the river level was one of them
Also the fact they have nukes now isn't an indication of recovery, it's more that they direct nearly resources to the military and keeping themselves in power
but yeah I agree, it was pretty impressive they survived after the USSR collapsed
They went through a famine with no international help and terrible economy and survived

There was also that time where Mao established a cult of personality around a piece of fruit because it was just so fucking delicious.

>dude, this pile of hops hasn't gone moldy yet
>well, I guess that means it's still fresh
>holy shit I feel great

And that's the story of alcohol.

>be stalin
>notice that evolution doesn't fit the marxist narrative
>declare genetics a bourgeois pseudoscience
>adopt a new theory that violates every bit of common sense
>purge 3000 biologists who point out it's bullshit
>cooking your data to fit the narrative becomes standard in scientific circles
>cripple soviet agriculture and biology for 30 years
>the entire world makes fun of you for being retarded so you fake miraculous success
>fail so hard that the entire theory becomes synonymous to ideology-driven quackery

>be Mao
>order all small birds to be killed because they eat crops
>with small birds gone, insects ruin all the crops
>millions starve to death
How can chinks still think this utter cretine was a genious, is beyond me

>Be Hitler
>Applying for art school
>Get in
>Courier suppose to tell him he got accepted never delivered the letter
>Things got out of hand and the US dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan

nice meme

>implying it's not going to be a catastrophe
>implying Theresa May has any idea what she is doing
>implying we're not going to have a snap election in April when Article 50 fails to materialise in March

>implying snap elections would be anything but good for UKIP once the 17 million or so people who voted are leave are ignored
as if staying tied to the EU would be any better

>UKIP
>a personality cult that just lost its personality

Lel

how are your a levels going? :)

>le underage maymay

You should write that on the ballot paper next spring. It's going to happen. You dont honestly think Mummy May didn't tell the Queen her plan because she's keeping it as a lovely surprise for us all?