Was it schizophrenia?

Was it schizophrenia?

Other urls found in this thread:

stjoan-center.com/Trials/sec20.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think she was legit, but yeah, she might be diagnosed with schizophrenia or religious psychosis if she were to have a couple sessions with a modern psychologist.

Undoubtedly.

I don't know if she'd fit aside from Hallucinations.

no and narrowing down all hallucinations to schizophrenia is fallacious

What negative symptoms did Joan display?

>anglocucks this mad they lost to a fucking woman

lmoa

Why should Anglos be mad about how a war of French succession turned out?

m-m-muh glorious angevin world empurrr

That's not the popular perception of the war in bongoland and you know it. Anglos can't come to terms to the fact that they haven't had a ruler of native stock since harold got an arrow through his eye socket.

pls

What standard are you using that makes Harold a native, but doesn't also class most of the other kings and queens as natives?

Native of the population ruled, I guess.

Harold was an Anglo-Saxon ruling over Anglo-Saxons.

Although, the Aristocracy was basically mostly Anglo-Norman, so it doesn't really matter

>Half Dane
>an Anglo-Saxon
>kekekekek

Considering the fleeting nature of the visions, occuring only once and never again, and the fact that Joan was articulate and successful, it is highly unlikely schizophrenia is the cause of her visions.

If youd stop tipping that fedora so hard you might find some beautiful truths in life.

why is Veeky Forums so full of christians? Shouldn't you be out there spreading love n shit instead of arguing on the internet?

p much everyone in england was half dane at that point

John apparently had several visions. During the trial she initially admitted she'd made it all up. Then had another vision telling her she had damned her soul to save her body after which she recanted and said it was actually all true.

Wether that was another actual vision or her realising she's going to die either way and so wanting to go as a hero/martyr, is obviously debatable.

*Joan, obviously

For the same reason you're here, I'd wager.

Honestly, it's a great place to have a conversation about Christianity. It really warms your heart when someone tells you they have found Christ because they were persuaded by a thread.

It's the perfect medium to discuss unfiltered ideas, whether you agree with them or not. A Christian can minister to upwards of a thousand people (depending on the board and/or traffic) in a single thread, anonymously and for free. The gospel can be proclaimed in a few hundred characters, backed by sources, arguments, and lasts for hours in the open for all to see.

Like most visions that people supposedly have of God or Christ it's usually down to outright lying in order to gain something, or grooming by others for some form of personal gain.

Or it could also be propaganda to say "God was on our side all along!"

while I absolutely do not believe in any god (don't try to convert me, you'll just lose time) I don't have any problem with your faith as long as you use it for the good of humanity (making people pray is not acting for the good of humanity fyi, giving them food and/or shelter when they need it is) but all you seem to be doing here is try to convert people, ask for a christian theocracy, and use parts of your holy book to "prove" your own opinions

Not hating on your god, but on some of his followers

Legitimate question: do you feel the same about Islam?

With all due respect friend you are making a very broad statement about people you will never know. I can't speak for others, but I don't try to force people to pray or anything you said. Be careful not to misrepresent people's opinions and intentions, especially since you don't fully understand their position.

All I'm trying to do with this subject matter is to open a dialogue and get people thinking. Not to convert people by force of idea, rather give a case for the Lord. Again, I can't speak for everyone, but neither can you.

the muslims I've met were really nice people, but even more annoying about spreading the word of their prophet than christians are
I'd say they're a tiny bit worse than christians irl and a tiny bit better online

I think that's due to the amount of hate the prophet (pbuh) gets nowadays. I can only speak for myself, but I often catch myself in trying to teach people about him just to offer a counterweight to the mass media, not even to convert people.

>I don't try to force people to pray
but you're still happy when people do pray, while I couldn't care less if someone became an atheist
>especially since you don't fully understand their position
I like trying to understand people I completely disagree with, last month was dedicated to understanding /pol/, wich was really hard since I come from a jewish family. Maybe next month will be dedicated to understanding christians
>All I'm trying to do with this subject matter is to open a dialogue and get people thinking
Good on you. When atheists try to open a dialogue, they are often greeted with a *tips fedora*-related reply (I don't try to open dialogue since I don't think anything good comes out of it most times, but I've seen this a lot on this site)
>Not to convert people by force
never said anything about force

Pic related, based on the trail transcripts

>For this cause, I, Jeanne, commonly called the Maid, a miserable sinner, after that I had recognized the snares of error in the which I was held, and [after] that, by the grace of God, I had returned to our Holy Mother Church, in order that it may be seen that, not pretending but with a good heart and good will, I have returned thereto; I confess that I have most grievously sinned, in pretending untruthfully to have had revelations and apparitions from God, from the Angels, and Saint Catherine and Saint Margaret

stjoan-center.com/Trials/sec20.html

BABY
DON'T HURT ME

It was witchery

Frogs BTFO

>a 19 year old girl said what you told her to, because you tortured her

Okay, no Perfidy here, Albion

None?

Then she can't have schizophrenia.

>implying I don't intentionally tell christfags I've "converted" to trick them into thinking wasting their lives on here does anything

it's working.jpg

>implying they tortured her
>implying the transcript doesn't specifically point out her telling them not to bother, because she wouldn't talk

To which Jeanne replied in this manner:

"Truly if you were to tear me limb from limb, and separate soul from body, I will tell you nothing more; and, if I were to say anything else, I should always afterwards declare that you made me say it by force.

>how you believe torture works vs how it actually works
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What are you trying to say?

That's somehow true. Nobody shits on Jesus besides edgy atheists, but Mohammad gets a lot of hate because people take on him the hate they have for islam.
I've read about the guy, nothing sensational stroke me. I don't know how rigorous the storytelling is, but he seemed a fairly alright ruler. One thing that made me laugh a lot though was something I read about a man coming to him and telling he really loves horses, and asking him if there were horses in paradise. Then Mohammad goes on a coldsteel like fanfiction about how cool the horses are there.

>Have honest conversations with hundreds of Christians and nonchristians interested in the faith
>Some faggot thinks he's fucking hilarious and clever by posing as one of them

That is the most autistic and cringey thing I've ever seen

I don't see an untreated schizophrenic getting so far. She was a bit deluded, and maybe histrionic, or just playing the cards she was dealt, to some glorious martyrdom.

Actually we arrange these sorts of things all the time during the atheist conventions. It's quite possible that all of your "honest conversations" have been us rusing you.

>This is what atheists actually believe

Hey ,
I'm not this troll I'm this guy Of you wanna open a dialogue n shit, don't answer to trolls

You're doing the opposite. You're an embarrassment to your religion and any other ideas you hold

>I'm going to do everything he wants me to do and make him happy and think he's been successful
>I'm not going to tell them I was only pretending though, so he'll carry on thinking he was successfull

Yeah, you really showed them...

>Damn ouch my feelings ouch

That's some major resentment there pal. You want to talk about it?

I've got some pretty serious resentment towards people who use this board like a pulpit and endlessly shit up threads while thinking they're doing us a favor. They're not even convincing. I think all the sane christians just died of second hand embarrassment

>Was it schizophrenia?

no. ergotism.

>What standard are you using that makes Harold a native, but doesn't also class most of the other kings and queens as natives?

Tippu Tip

Hearing voices.

Man up, faggot. People have dissenting opinions that are different than yours.

No one gives a fuck about you or your shit opinions, so quit your bitching.

>ergot
You mean she was tripping balls?
Or did you just misspell egotism