I've got $55,000 sitting in a term deposit and earning 4.0% per annum

I've got $55,000 sitting in a term deposit and earning 4.0% per annum.

Are there any better options? I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing.

I wish I had wealthy parents. S&P 500, all of it

55000 in ethereum it is then.

Ethereum

ETH, enjoy the 160k by July

Not quite. Employment in a technical trade within the military, coupled with inexpensive hobbies and being frugal.

What is that?

Cryptocurrency, check Veeky Forums, it's all over the place.

>Not quite. Employment in a technical trade within the military, coupled with inexpensive hobbies and being frugal.

Ausfag?

All of it in Ethereum right fucking now.

Nzfag here, no platforms I know of available here to buy altcoins and you have to buy bitcoin through middlemen, so this crypto stuff won't make sense to you. A term deposit is solid enough, with the amount of cash you have in it. Do you know if that's a compounding rate?

No idea sorry, just in a KiwiBank term deposit.

Don't worry about it, you'll be making decent yearly returns off of cash like that, for as long as your term deposit lasts. My view is if you have large enough sums of cash then low risk investing is best.

Don't touch 30k or so. Put 25k in strong crypto like Ethereum and Bitcoin. Turn that 25k into 50k in no time while you see your 30k become 31k and curse yourself for not putting everything into the crypto train.

So you're making 2.2k a year doing literally nothing and virtually risk free.

And you're considering throwing all of that away because some underage b& tell you to invest into something you have no idea about?

Yeah go ahead then, you deserve blowing all your money

FWIW if he'd listened 2 months ago he could have 2.5m right now

Lol not at all, just considering my options.

why are you even on Veeky Forums?

A meme.

Buy BTC. All other alts are memes to steal your BTC.

It's ok grandpa, go to bed, we are trying to get rich here.

Hey idiot, listen to the Veeky Forums cryptofags.

Decide on a fucking amount and put your largest sum half/half ethereum and half bitcoin

Put the rest into memecoins based upon your own research and how lucky you're feeling

Listen, normies don't know this. Not even the nazis on /pol/ or the betas on /r9k/ know this, but you are living in the birth of Crypto. This is like the gold rush x10000000000

You are witnessing the birth of an entirely new currency that will completely overtake fiat (real dollars) in a few years

Invest NOW before the wallstreet jews get into this

This.

I wonder if they will literally kill themselves if they never cave in.

I am surprised that no one had suggested shares. Find a 'safe' share with good history that provides high dividend rates.

>decentralized currency inevitably takes the world by storm
>the gold standard is thrown out the window
>federal reserve BTFO
>every Veeky Forums cryptofag has held for years and years
>they cash in and buy their lambo and 4 story houses
>faggots like him will still shit their pants and cry "SCAAM!! SCAAAAM!!!1" every time a Lamborghini flies by them

ARE YOU NOT READING?

I'd leave the money in the CDs if you have a significant amount of capital to work with elsewhere. 4% is pretty good for a vehicle with risk that low.

4 percent is good for a risk free asset. From what I understand the stock market is only projected to yield 5 percent over the next few years. If that money is money you plan to use in the next few years, then it is best to keep it where it is. The only other guaranteed return is paying off debts if you have any.

E T H M A N

I am an accountant for a lot of wealthy people and they all invest into real estate. Buy an appartement and rent it out. As long as you have a positive cashflow you are doing good. It's one of the safest options.

I have a few clients who invest in stocks, gold, etc.. but most of them lost money. Then again I am living in Belgium where profits from selling stocks, dividends, etc are heavily taxed.

Pretty much this. Once the bubble blows normies are gonna be throwing money onto realcoins and shitcoins. I hope it happens in a couple of years tho, I need to stock myself some coins still

Cryptocurrency set to replace bitcoin as the top crypto. This year its gone from around $10 to being worth over $130. That means if you had invested all that in ETH you would've been halfway to being a millionaire by now, but its not too late.