Any British crypto traders here? What sites do you use?

Any British crypto traders here? What sites do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies
solidi.co/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bittylicious to buy, bittrex to trade

General Brit thread?

I'm worried about taking out my gains, would capital gains tax be applicable?

yes capital gains would be payable as per normal share holdings but you may be able to mitigate if you sell over multiple tax years rather than all at once. I use quick bitcoin to buy, bittrex to trade. if you are seriously balling it's going to be worth paying an accountant to sort throug this shit for you rather than get but fucked by HMRC in 5 years time

Same here but that isn't something Im Gona have to think about for 2/3 years hopefully.
Maybe only taking out small amounts at a time would help?

I think the only tax you're liable for is CGT on profits over a certain level. No other taxes. Planning to speak to a tax accountant soon if my gains go over £10k. I assume the best way around it is to 'spend' the crypto on somthing and then re-sell it.

you get a capital gains allowance each year and that is the year of sale not the year of purchase, so if you sell your BTC over a 5 CGT allowance 5 times not once

What worries me is if there are any professionals (accountants,lawyers) that have had any experience with crypto never mind are experts at it.

The UK is one of the easiest and most relaxed jurisdictions for crypto. Feel lucky you're not americucks. Its just the banks who are being little faggots sometimes

My neibour's got his own firm, so he's willing to consult for free. Just need to ask really.

I'm just gonna start a company in BVI and sell them through that.

How is everyone sending fiat to kraken? Do you have EUR bank accounts?

I wanna send a large amount, but my bank's exchange rate sucks so bad. Want to go through an intermediary, but Kraken only accept payments from accounts with your name on it...

t.pole living in the UK

>Bitpanda to get coins
>poloniex and bittrex for trading
>PoSWallet for getting pump and dump shitcoins after the first pump signs on other major exchanges - buying out old sell orders dirt cheap

I also store my ETH and GNT on Exodus.

Ahaha are you cunts for real?

I've never paid taxes on my gains on rather substantial amounts. Nobody needs to fucking know. They are anonymous fucking transactions.

I was doing crypto while on JSA even, putting my bennies straight into crypto.

I seriously can't comprehend how I'd get taxed unless I willingly went to HMRC in a chastity cage, a dildo up by arse and 2 years of transactions.

stupid goys

should not matter in theory it's just one commodity being bought and sold like anything else, if they have your whole transaction history i dont see why they could not work on it like normal share buys/sells

Also, buying my first ethers on bitpanda with debit card took a few hours because of all the verification bullshit. Transactions seem to come through very quickly.

I work in the finance profession so if I get done for Tax avoidance I lose my job. no thanks m8. probably ok for a unemployed tradie like yourself LMAO

Used transferwise to get my pounds on my euro account.
Then bought me in on kraken.
Pound support on kraken is ridiculous.
You need to have a euro account first, though.

>bittylicious to buy
how new r u?

ok, asking my britbros because i might actually get an answer: is there really money to be made in these pump and dumps or is it just a couple of people making all these threads?

I use Coinbase to buy (in Euros) and Poloniex to trade (in BTC)

Actually the Capital Gains Tax issue is not clear at all

On the HMRC website it basically states that gambling wins aren't taxable only investments are - so just rebrand your crypto profits as speculative gambling wins and you don't need to pay shit

Half the pump and dumps advertised on Here are alread close to if not at the apex of there pump.

The real money to be made is putting as much as you can afford in some of the top coins and holding for aslong as you can (2/3 years)

Portsmouth Brit here,

Trading crypto on the WiFi enabled crosstrainer like a boss. I use bittrex

So just transfer your btc to satoshidice and then back out again?

I opened a Fidor UK bank account - transfer to fidor GBP, transfer from Fidor to Kraken and done.

Cool thing is that Kraken has their bank accounts with Fidor so SEPA transfer is super quick, usually under a day. Fee is 2.59 gbp per sepa. Oh and they will make conversion to Euro which is ok.

This is the cheapest way I could find to buy bitcoins etc..

>unemployed tradie like yourself LMAO
>he considers this an insult

Im in crypto to leave wageslavery once and for all you brainwashed retard.
"Work sets you free", amirite? Lol

I need to open an account with them for safe cashing out. Don't want to risk others being closed

>works in finance
>Doesn't know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evision

I'll have a regular americano and a flapjack please mate

He's larping that's why. But I can tell he believes working for a living makes him feel superior.

Fuck off Pompey Scum. Off my board now REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>making financial transaction across public wifi on an unencrypted mobile device

I hope you're playing for chump change, otherwise you deserve to get hacked/stolen from.

The thing is these threads only seem to appear on biz after they've increased by 400%.

Most of them are just looking for suckers to sell their bags to.

tip submitted. Have fun, goy

Fidor don't accept incoming SEPA payments so you can only deposit with them.

Alright brits help me out here, if I have an altcoin, how do I go about converting that to actually money in my bank account without losing half of it to fees, poor exchanges rates etc?

ok thanks m8

>im worried the accountant might not be able to do accounts

then get a better one desu

Brit here.

Using counbase to buy BTC and Yobit as an exchange. Should I change? Tired of seeing coins moon that aren't on Yobit, also any advice? I wanna go to lamboland. Holding on to almost 30K DGB but no idea what to go into to make short term gains

>The real money to be made is putting as much as you can afford in some of the top coins and holding for aslong as you can (2/3 years)

bitcoin is already at 2k though, its like your buying at the peak

with bitcoin the market has been buying at peaks for the past several months running lol

Guys Bitcoins I dont think are taxable - read this: gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies

Am I correct?

>in just 2 days bitcoin has gone up by £70

it seems ridiculous but i could use all my life savings and make a nice few hundred or a few thousand within days

but knowing my life luck if i did that it would all crash and burn

coinbase or kraken?

i heard some bad things about coinbase

I used Coinfloor as it's UK based

In order to get the best rates though you have to deposit 1000 GBP minimum

Easy way to buy btc is through:solidi.co/index.php

They have run out of sellers for non members but will be back in a couple weeks

Only holding some XRP with the hopes it moons on Monday and I trade with GateHub

You don't pay tax for bitcoins see my earlier post - are you a teenager talking out their ass or have you actually done research ?

What is wrong with bittylicious

thats just vat

Local bitcoins to bittrex and back again.

balls deep in DGB

also got:
WAVES
HMQ
LBC
GNT
XEM

all in profit :) so noiceeee

the price? way higher than places like localbitcoins or bitstamp.

Localbitcoins to buy, no idea about selling because I'm holding for the long run, anyone know any good sites to sell for when the time comes though?

localbitcoins

I'm wondering this too myself. Then again, the time might come where it's more worthwhile to keep as Cryptocurrency than Fiat.

How safe is it though?
The best exchange rates are all PayPal meaning whoever I trade with can just chargeback and run off with my coins.

Litebit.eu for buying and holding (it has alot of wallets, DGB too) Easy to use. Poloniex.com to trade.

I'm dutch.

>just you wait this new £5 note will be worth a million one day

can a wallet hold any type of coin ?

Transfer to bitcoin and then cash out on trader site like coinbase or set up as a trader on bittylicious and sell for above market rate

Pretty much this. I don't plan on telling HMRC that I'm in crypto. There's no way for them to find out. The laws in this area are so confused that they're basically non existent.

new to this.. where should I be buying bitcoins?

i tried coinbase, but it keeps throwing me a 'CVN' error ffs...

Who you voting for lads?

they dont accept gbp so you have to sepa send them euroes to your account

The only logical answer to this is Labour. Tories want to turn this into a tax haven slave nation. I personally dislike both parties but since we live in a two party system ain't much we can do about it.

>two party
>he thinks there's a difference between them

lib dems. for the weed

Labour

Never thought I would say that but May is actually insane.

i'm with you bro

Do you expect me to go abroad to hunt foxes ?
Bigot

Looking at them now - look similar to Kraken fee-wise, but the exchange rate is shit. Their "best price" btc vendor is >5.5% more expensive than kraken weighted avg.

>Anonymous
Conservative. I'm in top 5% of earners, so voting for corbyn to butt fuck me whilst Dianne flabbott watches isn't the option of choice.

There isn't. But with Corbin in charge he still has to play his role as the leader of the party of choice for "the people". If May wins then they can continue fucking everybody over blatantly since that's what everyone expects anyway.

It's called damage limitation.

I've heard stories of banks closing accounts when using crypto exchanges.

Cause for concern?

Also, if I understand correctly, the amount of websites and wallets you need is a little daunting.