What's the history of doggos Veeky Forums?

What's the history of doggos Veeky Forums?

Why are they such good boys?

:3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isvDFRbt5Qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All dogs go to heaven
-Pope francis, EX CATHEDRA

cats > dogs

t. Egyptian

heresy

Wolfs and humans had similar hunting methods. (wolfs still do oc)
Combined with the wolf's social group structure made them prime candidates for domestication.

More of a cat person myself desu

Mans best friend 4 eva

>tfw no puppy

According to Colin Groves ( of the Australian National University, in Canberra) : "The human-dog relationship amounts to a very long lasting symbiosis. Dogs acted as human's alarm systems, trackers, and hunting aides, garbage disposal facilities, hot water bottles, and children's guardians and playmates. Humans provided dogs with food and security. The relationship was stable over 100,000 years or so, and intensified in the Holocene into mutual domestication. Humans domesticated dogs and dogs domesticated humans."

They're good lads because we made them.
Dogs and modern women are the result of the artificial selection practiced by our ancestors.

Ummm they did not domesticate us.

Wolves stated following early human camps around and picking at what remained of the food, while the humans kept them around because they were a good early warning system for if a predator was somewhere near.

Eventually, some humans got the idea to take wolf pups early in their life to raise them to live beside humans and see them as their family.

Eventually, we learned how to selectively breed them for more desirable traits, though not necessarily the healthiest ones. Almost every type of dog you see that isn't a mutt is the result of extensive inbreeding.

In the western world, people instinctively love dogs. I mean a baby will grab a dog and cuddle it before it's learned anything else. Hell, a dog is pretty much an intrinsic part of the stereotypical western family. Humans are conditioned to take care of dogs.

I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're trolling me.

That's because pet ownership solely for the sake of companionship is something that originated in the West.

Actually it is theorized friendly wolves approached us. Humans had kind of a "Kill every big-ish carnivore" policy

Why does western society venerate dogs while the rest of the world ranges from loving them to treating dogs like shit?

nothing user said hasn't been repeated by academic journals
Unless you wanna fund a million dollar plus venture into analyzing human/dog genome affection then what the fuck do you want from us?

All domestic dogs are literally betas.

it certainly didn't also pop up in China or Mesoamerica.
Chiwawas are awesome hunting companions after all

>doggos are bound by human abstractions

Not really

But I expect too much from that average brainlet like you I suppose

>Alfa/Beta theory
How widely discredited do you want it f.a.m.?

Breed wolf into a bunny sized alien looking skeletal gremlin with the attitude of a land piranha on cocaine
What did they mean by this?

Accept your doggo overlords :^)

I can't help feeling sad inside when I see a tiny lapdog dressed up in an ugly sweater by some cooing middleaged woman who can't have kids anymore.

It's like, "you used to be a wolf. What happened? What have we done to you?"

Do you seriously think 10,000 years is long enough to change innate behavior for humans?

There's evidence supporting that the Aztecs raised Chilhuahuas to be eaten as food, as did the Chinese

That's why I prefer the large hunting dogs: pointers, labs, retrievers, ridgebacks, etc. Sheepdogs are cool too, but pretty much the only non insane ones have fucked up hips. Honestly there's no point in getting a terrier or something unless you really want to fuck up the moles that have been digging in your garden.

Do you know how I can tell that you weren't very old when the internet came along? Or smartphones?

Why do breeds still used for food look nothing like a Chihuahua or a Pekinese or one of the other stupid tiny shit breeds?

>10,000 years
there is evidence dogs ave been with us almost four times as long

This is why women shouldnt own pets, they project childbearing intent on them.

>This is why women
>women are some singular hivemind entity

Kys cuckold, stay in your containment board

>inb4 lol roastie.
Makes me wonder. why doesn't /r9k/ convert to islam or something?

We fucked up several races of dogs recently. I'll try to get the info, but if you get an actual German Sheppard and compare it to another from 100years algo, the old one doesnt have the bad health traits

youtube.com/watch?v=isvDFRbt5Qk

probably like this

dogs are NEET wolves who never grow up

This thread has like 2 or 3 serious replies, the rest is just memes and shitposting.

Fucking go back to wherever you came from fuckers

ayyyyyoooo we wuz sum finna wolves n shiet?

*barks at nothing for three hours straight*

Because West is Best

That meme only works when they weren't actually n shit.

Revival of dog fighting in the west when?

how cruel

bigger breeds = more meat

Never hopefully you fucking savage.

t. brown person

hmm..what do all of those spectators have in common??

They all have Y chromosome and a penis.

You know that there are some dog breeds that were recorded killing (on camera, not just photos) two wolfs at a time.
I've read that some are supposedly able to take down bears, tho i've never seen evidence.

is that all??

A man is savage in nature

checked

I suppose I can't judge, I've put down money on cock fights.
But I can say that cocks are a lot less friendly than dogs.

Is cock fighting legal in your country? Philippines right?

There are dog breeds that would fuck up any wolf on the planet, because that is what they were bred for. Dogs are the ultimate tool species.

Yeah, that's where it was. I don't live there, but family is there, and y'know when in rome

I'm jealous to be honest. Wish animal fight got legalized in white countries again too.

If you count Spain as white, then bullfighting is legal.

Well I mean you could always visit the place and do it yourself. The Philippines is actually a pretty nice place, especially for tourists like us. Besides, no one is going to say no when you put down USD on a fight, assuming you're from the states.

Maybe I should visit. It looks like a pretty place anyway.

And, let's face it, if you're white you'll be drowning in pussy.
You don't see the really attractive filipinos in north america, they have no reason to come here because they're pretty set there. But they like white folks all the same, even the mestiza's.
Y'know, if you're into that sort of thing.

t. femenist

What is it with 0/10s attaching to beta military guys?

Yeah, there was a general on /an/ about it. AKC and UKC are cancer.

You're thinking of roachbacks. Literally disgusting.

I like some purebreds because they are nice to look at.. but breeders want $1,000+ for one puppy. Who the fuck is paying that?

Speaking as someone who's seen babies play with dogs, they are not likely to cuddle a dog when they grab it. They'll grab its hair, and yank it out, because babies are curious monsters and should be kept away from irritable pets.

The same could be said for most western middle class people. We used to be romans and vikings n shiet.