Protestant mysticism

Is there such a thing as Protestant mystics? Hard mode: no heretics.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_V,_Elector_Palatine
youtu.be/rjCjwZfyyBM?t=1355
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Khunrath
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Mögling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_von_Mynsicht
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Joachim_Rheticus
stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/s/sria2005_r1.html
keepsilence.org/greattable/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like Heresy

Quakers

>Are there any heretics?
>Hard mode: no heretics.

>Referring to Christians as "protestants", as though they are "protesting" something.

quakers? what do you mean by mystic anyway?

>ALCHEMICAL
>GERMAN
>REPUBLIC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_V,_Elector_Palatine

>An intellectual, a mystic, and a Calvinist, he succeeded his father as Prince-Elector of the Rhenish Palatinate in 1610. He was responsible for the construction of the famous Hortus Palatinus gardens in Heidelberg.

youtu.be/rjCjwZfyyBM?t=1355
(make sure it tracks to the time listed, copy paste if you need to)

Yes, the school of Friedrich already mentioned above later turned into Martinism. There are other examples I'll find later.

>Protestant
>not heretic

I did not know that.

Depends what you count as a mystic, really. Jakob Bohme comes to mind, Emmanuel Swedenborg as well, though he's shit tier.

Not really, Protestantism was against monasticism from the very start. Anglicans have very recently (last 150 years) revived monasticism, which I think is a bit ironic considering that they started out by killing monastics who wouldn't renounce their vows and expropriating their properties.

>he's shit tier
Depends on the text and trajectory. Swedenborgian Rite Freemasonry is great. In general though he does skew easily into full blown heresy.

In any case, Dee's Hieroglyphic Monad builds the backbone of later Rosicrucian formulae:

THEOREM XVII

>After study of the sixth theorem it is logical to consider the four right angles in our Cross, to each one of which, as we have shown in the preceding theorem, we attribute the significance of the quinary according to the first position in which they are placed, and in transposing them to a new position, the same theorem shows that they become hieroglyphic signs of the number fifty. It is quite evident that the Cross is vulgarly used to indicate the number ten, and further, it is the twenty-first letter, following the order of the Latin alphabet, and it is for this reason that the sages amongst the Mecubales designated the number twenty-one by this same letter. In fact, we can give a very simple consideration to this sign to find out what other qualitative and quantitative virtues it possesses. From all these facts we see that we may safely conclude, by the best kabbalistic computation, that our Cross, by a marvellous metamorphosis, may signify for the Initiates two hundred and fifty-two. Thus: four times five, four times fifty, ten, twenty-one and one, which added together make two hundred and fifty-two. We can extract this number by two other methods as we have already shown: we recommend to the Kabbalists who have not yet made experiments to produce it, not only to study it in its conciseness, but also to form a judgment worthy of philosophers in regard to the various permutations and ingenious productions which arise from the magistery of this number. And I will not hide from you a further memorable mystagogy: consider that our Cross, containing so many ideas, conceals two further letters if we examine carefully their numerical virtues after a certain manner, so that, by a parallel method following their verbal force with this same Cross, we recognise with supreme admiration that it is from here that LIGHT is derived (LUX), the final word of the magistery, by the union and conjunction of the Ternary within the unity of the Word.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Khunrath
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Mögling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_von_Mynsicht
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Joachim_Rheticus

Catholics aren't Christian

If they're not Christian, then nobody is.

>if heretics from the 12th century aren't Christian then nobody is

1st century*

There were no papists in the first century, don't be delusional

k, whatever helps u sleep at nite

Cel: Fratres of the Rose and Cross assist me to form the Mystic Circle.
The fratres form the Mystic Circle, clasping each other’s hands. The Celebrant in the East, the Exponent in the West, the 4th. and 2nd. Ancients turn left to leave their pedestal and move to the left of the Exponent The 3rd. and 1st. Ancients turn right to leave their pedestal and move to the right of the Exponent. The Chaplain remains, Guardian stands at the door of the Temple.
Cel: Very Worthy Exponent, what are the objects of our assembly?
Exp: The diffusion of Light and the advancement of Science.
Cel: How do we hope to accomplish the aims we have in view?
Exp: By prayer and perseverance in the paths of knowledge and virtue.
Cel: Before we pray to Heaven, Very Worthy Exponent, let us assure ourselves that the Fratres are in possession of the Mystic Word.
Exp: Fratres, I pass the Mystic Word by letters to the East. (I N R I)
The Fratres on the left of the Exponent comply.
The Celebrant, in the East, finding the word correct, proceeds.
Cel: The Mystic Word being correct, I return it to the West. (I N R I)
Cel: Fratres, let us pray.
Cel: Fountain of Light and Glory of the Universe, we humbly adore Thee. (Here all bow) Bless the Union of our hearts, symbolized by the joining of our hands, and illuminate our spirits with the brightness of Thy perfection. Sanctify our desires and purify our thoughts, so that we may become worthy to commune with the Holy Ones whom Thou hast created, and finally grant us an everlasting inheritance in the dominions illuminated by the rays of wisdom from Thine unapproachable Throne.
All bow and say or sing Amen.
Cel: In the name of I N R I, I declare this Temple duly opened, the Mystic Circle of Fratres of the Rose and Cross duly formed, and the Chain of Union complete.
All clap right upon their left hand. The Cel takes the Chair in the South East, the Exponent in the West, and all the Fratres return to their seats. The Exponent opens the bible at John 1.1.

John Fucking Dee

Though he might have been a scam artist.

Trick question.

All protestants are heretics.

Reception of a Zelator (First Part) stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/s/sria2005_r1.html

The Secretary meets the Aspirant in the Anteroom and hands to him two copies of the Pledge of Fidelity. The Aspirant must read and sign them, and must add a Latin Motto (not one which has already been chosen by a Frater of the College), by which he may be known as a Frater Rose Cross. Rituals etc. should be available for Celebrant to hand to Aspirant. The Acolyte blindfolds the Aspirant and instructs him to give one knock on the portal of the Temple. The Secretary takes back both copies. (Retains one for his records and one for High Council).
Gdn.: Right (or Very) Worthy Celebrant there is an alarm.
Cel.: You will ascertain the cause.
Gdn. (after ascertaining): Right (or Very) Worthy Celebrant, Brother a qualified Master Mason who has duly read and signed the Pledge of Fidelity, now seeks to be received as a Member of this College in order to study the doctrines taught by the Society of the Rose and Cross.
Cel.: Let him be admitted and received by the Conductor.

Dee gets to heretical for most Protestants when it gets to the wife swapping. Pic related is the Watchtowers superimposed on the night sky standardized for the Behenian Fixed Stars.

FYI is from the Sloane MSS.

Obviously the elemental aspects of the Monad plus the formula of LVX.

Pic related is one of the illustrations of the Aethyrs as concentric circles.

"Similarly we also, who by His will have been called in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, or our own wisdom or understanding or godliness, nor by such deeds as we have done in holiness of heart, but by that faith through which Almighty God has justified all men since the beginning of time. Glory be to Him, forever and ever, Amen." - St. Clement of Rome (Letter to the Corinthians, par. 32)

"Human beings can be saved from the ancient serpent in no other way than by believing in him who, when he was raised up from the earth on the tree of martyrdom in the likeness of sinful flesh, drew all things to himself and gave life to the dead." - Irenaeus (Against the Heresies, IV, 2, 7).

"Indeed, this is the perfect and complete glorification of God, when one does not exult in his own righteousness, but recognizing oneself as lacking true righteousness to be justified by faith alone in Christ." - St. Basil the Great (Homily on Humility, PG 31.532; TFoTC vol. 9, p. 479)

"They said that he who adhered to Faith alone was cursed, but he shows that he who adhered to Faith alone, is blessed." - St. John Chrysostom (Galatians, Homily 3)

“This was forgiven by Christ through faith, because the Law could not yield, for faith alone justifies.”
- Hilary of Poitiers (Commentary on Matthew, chapter 8)

“He who with all his spirit has placed his faith in Christ, even if he die in sin, shall by his faith live forever.”
- Jerome (Letter 119, To Minervius and Alexander)

The truth helps me sleep at night.

No clue how you do it.

By the catholic definition of heresy, yes.

I'm proud to be against the Whore of Babylon.

keepsilence.org/greattable/

>Asks for mystics who are heretics but who aren't heretics.

Didn't Dee later admitted that the "angels" he consulted with were lying demons?

Mysticism is not the same thing as monasticism.

But in general Christians have declared any attempts at spiritual knowledge to be heresy.

Nope.
Not to my knowledge, at least.

But user, protestants ARE heretics

>protestants
>Hard mode: no heretics

>Hard Mode: no Heretics

We have our best Doctors of Canon Law working day and knight on this, and we still have no idea what it means

>day and knight
>When you make a Crusadian Slip

Yes, we are familiar with the impeccable judgment of roman catholic lawyers.

> No. 10 is the most sublime, as it contains the Monad or Unity which created all things, and also the Zero, a symbol of Chaos, out of which the world was formed.
The reasoning here goes from the universal concept of a natural number(ten), to the number's representation in a particular numerical system(10), then back to the component's universal concepts (one and zero) and attempts to derive a universal significance from it.

This is the point where you should be able to tell that they have no clue what they're talking about

>secular lawyers who go to mass twice a year are equal to lawyers of catholic law

Occultism if a system of social manipulation. Participants are encouraged to give their loyalty to an organization whose members and goals they don't fully understand in exchange for secret knowledge. With each passing level they think they are closer to getting secret knowledge and become more committed to the organization. But the secret is that there is no secret, only the organization and its aims. It's a social not a metaphysical science.

I don't really have much problem with that sort of cultural compartmentalization, w/r/t the form of our Arabic numerals.

Signifier and signified are both relevant here. They always are. Tantra posits the Sanskrit alphabet, not only the sounds but the form of the letters, are the core constituents of the universe.

^This, minus the whole handwringing thing (If you joint any given occult org without already knowing all the 'secrets', you're lazy. I keep my library for this, among other, reasons).

But that makes perfect sense, Hideo.

Catholics do believe in the beatific vision which is perceiving God face to face, but relegate it to those that have died.

Attainment of Face while Living has actually been posited in a handful of books with Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur. I dunno if they slipped through the cracks or if it's a dl backtracking on screwing with mystics like Molinos.

Interesting, which books?

It's kind of surprising to see you agree with , not sure if ironic or not.